PDA

View Full Version : Some people say media boycott, I say exact opposite

apc3161
11-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Some people are advocating a media boycott, I would make the counter argument.

Watch the beginning of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smDEz9ovUao

When they did a story on Ron Paul, they got a record amount of hits on their website.

Now tell me whats better for his campaign? That or a boycott which would result in them thinking he has no support.

Here is what we should do. When someone has bad coverage on Ron Paul, just be polite and send them a letter that you are disappointed or just ignore them.

But if they have a good story on him, you should write a nice letter and go to their website and give them hits. Don't forget, these companies are driven by profits and revenue. If every time they do a story on Ron Paul, they get record amounts of hits, they will do more good stories on him. If its a bad story, than just ignore it.

What I do is this, whenever I find an interview on Youtube with Dr. Paul, I always make sure to try and go to that media company's website and watch the video there instead. We should be giving them an incentive to cover him, not boycotting them which will lead them to only think he has no support.

For example, that video above from Youtube, that same video is on cnn.com/video right now, you should reward them for having this video by watching it. If you watch it, they get hits, they make more money, and they will keep doing good stories like that.

RPFTW!
11-29-2007, 01:24 PM
I agree

sirachman
11-29-2007, 01:25 PM
/agree

Brad Zink
11-29-2007, 01:26 PM
If someone says something outrageous about Dr. Paul and his supporters, then a boycott is a good tactic.