PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to post this for all the internet to see?

foofighter20x
11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Someone should post this little thing I've written somewhere:

Why McCain's "Let Us Win" Argument is 100% Dishonest

Having been deployed twice to fight in both Iraq and Afghanistan, I've seen firsthand what happens when Senators, Congressmen, and the media come to visit troops on the battleground.

Often, if not always, the military commanders make every arrangement they can to make every stop on the visitor's trip appear as orderly as possible. Not only that, but the junior commanders will handselect which troops get face time, if any, with those figures.

With that handselection, the opinionated troops who may have sentiments against the war are categorically censored and kept away from those figures, and only the Yes Men--or "butt sharks," as they might be more affectionately known--who have nothing but good things to say and parrot the leadership's talking points are anywhere to be found.

And since it is highly unlikely that Senator McCain was allowed to wander around on his own and talk to anyone he should run into, it's likely he did not get an honest, representative sample of opinion from the troops.

And I'm certain that McCain knows this. The fact that he would know this and then use such statements as he did only shows his own dishonesty. Someone who is willing to demagogue and politicize the troops in such a manner is not fit to be their commander-in-chief.

If anyone wants to expand on that or add more detail, please let me know! :D

JMann
11-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Declare victory and come home. Winning at this point is merely perception.

IHaveaDream
11-29-2007, 01:02 PM
John McCain is STILL a prisoner of war.

10thAmendmentMan
11-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Declare victory and come home. Winning at this point is merely perception.

We already DID win based on the initial conditions set by Bush. We removed Saddam from power and we ascertained that Iraq has no nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons program.

Mark
11-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Someone should post this little thing I've written somewhere:

With that handselection, the opinionated troops who may have sentiments against the war are categorically censored and kept away from those figures, and only the Yes Men--or "butt sharks," as they might be more affectionately known

If anyone wants to expand on that or add more detail, please let me know! :D

Where's the best place to post "butt sharks"?

Any dram where :D