PDA

View Full Version : We need you as a soldier in the Army of Ron! RE:celeb endorsements

hillertexas
11-29-2007, 12:18 PM
I just wanted to suggest that when writing/emailing/calling for endorsements from people, especially celebs, to make it clear that they are needed in this fight. Don't send an empty request. This is a call to "arms". Tell John Mayer that if he really is "like Wolverine (from x-men) for Ron Paul" then we NEED HIM to help us. If they are already a Ron Paul supporter, talk about why we need that person specifically. ex. Ask John Mayer if he would be willing to do something specific...write a song, cover an already existing Ron Paul song, etc. Make sure they know why we need them specifically and exactly what they can do to help.

Talk to Willie Nelon about his issue (farm subsidies) and ask him to do a short video (people can do these videos from home) saying something like "I support Ron Paul because..."

It would be great if we could get a bunch of celeb videos saying why they support Ron Paul and permission from them to reproduce them in commercials, etc.

It is now very easy for celebs to endorse Ron Paul...all we need is for them to email us a video and we can do the rest.

WE ARE ALL SOLDIERS IN THE ARMY OF RON

This is not a passive campaign.

thoughts?

FreeTraveler
11-29-2007, 12:30 PM
I've been trying to get a project going to seek celebrity endorsements for a while.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38735

Danny Molina
11-29-2007, 12:32 PM
So what's the word on Clint Eastwood?

McDermit
11-29-2007, 12:34 PM
HQ is already on this. But the more, the merrier. Ask anyone you think could/would help.

Santana28
11-29-2007, 12:35 PM
i'm sorry guys... you're not going to get ANY hollywood endorsements. the people who made them "famous" and give them gigs do NOT want Ron Paul for president. Openly supporting Dr. Paul is a one-way ticket to industry blacklisting and they know it.

besides... who really cares about celebrity endorsements? wouldn't it be much more meaningful if we got endorsements from world leaders instead?

hillertexas
11-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I've been trying to get a project going to seek celebrity endorsements for a while.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38735

From FreeTraveler:
"In several related threads, I am initiating a co-operative project to design and produce videos, from 30 seconds to several minutes, that call on leaders from all walks of life to step up, be counted, and lead us away from the abyss before us. These videos will be our "John Galt", taking the message of Liberty to those men of the mind who can shape the future through their will.

I hope that I won't be the only person to produce videos based on the information gathered in these threads."

I think contacting possible endorsers with a video is a GREAT idea...and then ask for a video back from the endorser

hillertexas
11-29-2007, 12:40 PM
i'm sorry guys... you're not going to get ANY hollywood endorsements. the people who made them "famous" and give them gigs do NOT want Ron Paul for president. Openly supporting Dr. Paul is a one-way ticket to industry blacklisting and they know it.

besides... who really cares about celebrity endorsements? wouldn't it be much more meaningful if we got endorsements from world leaders instead?

"industry blacklisting" for artists...is there any evidence of this in modern Hollywood?

I don't think the artists are the ones under the thumb of "them". I could be wrong, just my opinion.

Santana28
11-29-2007, 01:04 PM
"industry blacklisting" for artists...is there any evidence of this in modern Hollywood?

I don't think the artists are the ones under the thumb of "them". I could be wrong, just my opinion.

well, look what happens when they break screen guild picket lines. Elizabeth Hurley was fined something like a half million dollars and has only been in one or two B movies since she broke the strike.... there are a couple of other examples but i cant think of them off the top of my head.

its all circumstantial evidence (well, besides the fact that the hollywood studios are major contributors to democratic candidates).. but i would bet my house that theres an unspoken rule out there keeping celebrities from supporting candidates like ron...

think about it - if someone was writing your checks and giving you work, would you want to piss them off? actors are a dime a dozen...

wgadget
11-29-2007, 01:06 PM
I heard Paul Newman just made a movie against the Iraq war...?

Santana28
11-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Paul Newman produces and finances his own movies i'm pretty sure...