PDA

View Full Version : Operation Take New Hampshire

JimDude
11-29-2007, 11:58 AM
I think we all know how important and vital it is for us to win the New Hampshire primary, so what's my answer for winning there? The Plan in a nutshell: Physically go to New Hampshire, register, and vote there.

Some of you you may be thinking that this idea is either ridiculous, can't be done or is unethical. Before you rush to judgement, lets think about this for a minute.
New Hampshire allows same-day registration at the polls, has no minimum residency period and defines a voter's home as the place where he or she sleeps most nights or intends to return after a temporary absence. The state, not the parties, runs the primary, and changes to residency laws have been hotly contested.

This year, New Hampshire Democrats pushed through a change that some Republicans contend would enable campaigns to bus in people who could cast a ballot and then vote again in their real home states.

"You can vote in New Hampshire without being a resident," said Republican state Sen. Bob Clegg. "You can vote in the primary because you someday may want to live here."

Democratic state Sen. Peter Burling calls such arguments "part of the campaign of fear to restrict people's right to vote."

David Scanlan, New Hampshire's deputy secretary of state, acknowledged the law is ambiguous about prohibiting people from voting in more than one state. But he insisted there are no widespread problems.

"Everybody has the right to vote somewhere," he said. "The question is where that place is."

So, I propose that every able-bodied Ron Paul supporter, with the resources, time and money, go to New Hampshire, register and make their stand for freedom!
Now, if you believe if this is unethical, imagine for one moment, if the founding fathers were here and you told them, all you had to do to make a huge difference was to go New Hampshire and vote. The founder fathers would have practically killed if this was all they had to do to avoid armed conflict. Now, if you dont have the resources, time and etc, by all means, dont do it, and vote in your home state's primary.
Now, some of you may think that this could potentially be used to further marginalize Ron Paul and his supporters. I would challenge that by saying if other candidates actually went and blamed Ron Paul supporters for winning NH, they would be the ones who would look weak and rediculous. And, really, whats the worst-case scenario? Are they gonna nullify the results of the NH? Highly unlikely.
We have to remember, here, Ron Paul supporters are not the ones to blame, the NH legislators are. Winning New Hampshire is not gonna win us the nomination by itself, so we'd still have a ton of work ahead us in order to win a lot of states on Super-Tuesday. In the end, we will get so much media attention from winning New Hampshire, that it would probably be worth it. I would also say, that its unlikely that a lot of media attention is gonna be focused on how NH voters registered. It may never be noticed.
Now, if you believe this is unethical, why dont you take a vow, that you will only vote In NH and not in your home-state too? We all have to vote somewhere.

If the ethics really bother you that much. Just ask youself, Is the income tax ethical? Is the Iraq War ethical? Is Hillary Clinton ethical?! Is Rudy ethical? Is the CIA, homeland security, Fred thompson and fox news ethical!? The answer to those questions is no! Lets make one last stand for freedom here and now! Lets live free or die!

P.S. I could be proven wrong, if so, I apolgoize in advance. All the information above was taken from this article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21989223/
Also, the rules in Iowa are pretty laid-back too.

JimDude
11-29-2007, 03:56 PM
booga booga. Is this a revolution or not? Name me one revolution that succeeded by just "following the rules" Dont tell me ghandi, because there was a lot of violence involved there, and I'd bet the farm, if Ghandi had the chance to vote, he would of done it a thousand times.
booga bogga

boo!

Goop!

jacmicwag
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
My question is "Is it legal"?

Paulitical Correctness
11-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Prove to me it's legal and I'll be there.

austin356
11-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Prove to me it's legal and I'll be there.

You have to sign a statement saying you will not vote in another state's primary.

Patrick Henry
11-29-2007, 04:33 PM
If legal I will be there.

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-29-2007, 04:38 PM
You have to sign a statement saying you will not vote in another state's primary.

Source please.

HazardPerry
11-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Hmm...if legal I would have to balance the weight of carrying New Hampshire versus using my vote to combat the mindlessly entrenched neocons here in Florida. But I could be convinced. And I do agree with you that...as long as it is legal...and you only vote ONCE (i.e. if you vote in NH you don't vote elsewhere) then...well...that is worth it. It's fighting dirty but we may just have to get our hands dirty to get things done.

Depends. I'd love to hear more discussion, and more documentation. "Paulites exploit loophole in voting code and carry New Hampshire" as a headline might turn some people off, but it might turn the more mischievous among us on :)

TechnoGuyRob
11-29-2007, 04:58 PM
How about moving to Iowa on January 2nd, voting in the caucuses, moving to NH on January 8th, voting in the primary, moving to Michigan on January 14th, voting in the primary, etc.? :D

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I think this has potential for some serious blowback. I believe the votes are already there in NH, and we can win without stooping to these tactics. Let's get New Hampshire voters to vote in New Hampshire, and save our own votes for our own homestates. After we win NH, we're going to have a huge challenge from Rudy on 2/5 and we need all the votes we can get then.

JimDude
11-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Okay, im going to be straight-out here, and say I have no way of verifying the legality of this. After doing some more "research" I am less confident in this "idea"

So, unless your really dedicated, dont do this. I dont know the exact rules, but the more I found out, the less confident Im getting.

Im sorry I wasted your guy's time. Please continue this fight, and long live the revolution!

OferNave
11-29-2007, 05:36 PM

Well, that's no problem - I think most people here know it's more important to vote in NH then anywhere else, so that's a more than fair trade-off.

me3
11-29-2007, 05:38 PM
NH voters are not going to like outsiders moving in to hijack their elections.

People might want to think a little more about the consequences of initiatives like this, it doesn't necessarily involve group think to do so, before bringing it up.

We need to win the hearts and minds of NH voters. We also need your votes in your home state. Play hard, play honest and play to win.