PDA

View Full Version : Convert Rush Limbaugh

Platondas
11-29-2007, 11:50 AM
I know I am not the only Rush listener out here and I am sure I am not the only subscriber, we need to coordinate our efforts and try and convert Rush. If Rush endorses Ron Paul, the revolution will be over, we will have won.

What we need to do is convince him that Ron Paul is the only candidate worthy of his endorsement with well constructed persuasive arguments.

Ron Paul is the only small government conservative up there, he has the BEST voting record on taxes and spending of anyone. After decades of unrestricted growth we cannot afford to have another big government conservative as our candidate!

Today and tomorrow we need to start calling in, email him using the email account your subscription is tied to and anything else to try to get Rush on board.

MikeStanart
11-29-2007, 11:52 AM
I know I am not the only Rush listener out here and I am sure I am not the only subscriber, we need to coordinate our efforts and try and convert Rush. If Rush endorses Ron Paul, the revolution will be over, we will have won.

What we need to do is convince him that Ron Paul is the only candidate worthy of his endorsement with well constructed persuasive arguments.

Ron Paul is the only small government conservative up there, he has the BEST voting record on taxes and spending of anyone. After decades of unrestricted growth we cannot afford to have another big government conservative as our candidate!

Today and tomorrow we need to start calling in, email him using the email account your subscription is tied to and anything else to try to get Rush on board.

We need to do this VERY carefully!

People who call must be tactful!

They must be Respectful!

They must be knowledgeable!

OV 101 Enterprise
11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
I agree that a Rush endorsement would really be the event that pushes this campaign over the top. I also agree that it is an almost insurmountable challenge. Patriots do have a habit of achieving the impossible, however.

hard@work
11-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Ok guys look - I am 1000% behind you here. But before we go after him do we truly understand his situation? Starting with:

Where does he disagree with Ron Paul and why?

Spirit of '76
11-29-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure a mass email campaign is the best way to approach Rush, especially if people are going to rant about neocons and such.

I agree that if we are to broach the subject with him, it needs to be done very carefully and by people who regularly listen to him and understand how he operates.

Platondas
11-29-2007, 12:06 PM
I believe his biggest problem with Ron Paul is the war in Iraq, and the worry that Ron Paul would make us more vulnerable to terror in which case we need to convince him that these are not problems or that Ron Paul is not weak on these issues.

hambone1982
11-29-2007, 12:08 PM
What about collecting some Limbaugh quotes to show people how much Limbaugh agrees with Ron Paul.

I bet if we look back to the days of the Bosnia conflict, we'll find some good foreign policy quotes to use because conservatives were united against that war because Clinton didn't have an exit strategy. We still have troop there.

Spirit of '76
11-29-2007, 12:15 PM
I believe his biggest problem with Ron Paul is the war in Iraq, and the worry that Ron Paul would make us more vulnerable to terror in which case we need to convince him that these are not problems or that Ron Paul is not weak on these issues.

I don't think Rush honestly cares that much ideologically about the war -- certainly not like Hannity. I think he brings up the war issue because it's one of the main points of contention right now between the Republican Party and the Democrats, and Rush sees his primary function as the attack dog of the GOP.

I think that for him it's more of a practical tool to differentiate and further drive a wedge between the GOP and the Dems than anything else.

me3
11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Rush is not going to endorse a mid-tier candidate during the primaries.

Invest your energy into the campaign.

tonyr1988
11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Ok guys look - I am 1000% behind you here. But before we go after him do we truly understand his situation? Starting with:

Where does he disagree with Ron Paul and why?

Agreed. I think the main one is the War in Iraq (I'm a "rare" listener). We need to show him that Ron actually wanted to go after al Qaeda and bin Laden after 9/11. Give him the Letters of Marque and Reprisal bill. Give him Ron's speech about "Have we given up on catching bin Laden?"

And, I think most importantly.........do not start an aggressive debate! The second he becomes defensive, we've lost.

Also, any pro-war RP supporters? I'm sure they're few and far between, but they can't be nonexistent. Some hand-written letters or personal call-ins from them could help out as well.

hard@work
11-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Let's get real position guys not speculation. I mean we need his words, his thoughts, his arguments pro and con on this before we can create a real petition. We can't keep running blind into the pundits. If we cannot outline his disagreements with Paul we cannot petition him with a request to reconsider based on our counterpoints.

Madison
11-29-2007, 12:21 PM
There is no way Rush would ever endorse Paul. He is a neocon shill of the highest order.

That said, I'll go along with whatever plan is put in place.

Spirit of '76
11-29-2007, 12:23 PM
I really wouldn't call Rush a "neocon". A shill, maybe, but a shill for the GOP in general, not for neoconservatism.

Really, I say we just leave him alone and let him come around once we win New Hampshire.

We really don't want to piss him off.

Apauled
11-29-2007, 12:24 PM
I think one of the best ways to do that is to let him know that you are listener/subscriber to his show. Kind of like what I sent to BECK. Dear Glenn when you call Ron Paul a Kook, you are calling your own listeners "Kook's". We are one in the same a fan of yours and a huge fan of Ron Paul. So you may want to consider that you are picking on your own audience, and when it comes down to it I am certainly going to support Ron Paul before you!

Sincerely ____

hard@work
11-29-2007, 12:25 PM
How about a youtube project? Get as many videos talking to Rush (and maybe others) as we can muster?

dirknb@hotmail.com
11-29-2007, 12:26 PM
In the early and mid-nineties I was an avid Limbaugh fan. Had a Rush Room in the restaurant I owned at the time. After awhile I started to wonder why he wouldn't touch the critical issues like the Federal Reserve, our monetary system, abolishing the IRS, getting out of the UN, etc. Anyone calling him about those issues gets slammed as a conspiracy nut. He's no more in line with Ron Paul than George Bush is. Limbaugh is a neocon shill who will never support Ron Paul. He'll support whoever the Establishment wants him to support. You're wasting your time.

micahnelson
11-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Im thinking an article outlining his own quotes from the past, the views of William F. Buckley and Barry Goldwater, and a display of how the GOP has been turned into another big government party.

We are going to need to unite the clans, as someone said before. I never thought I would support an anti-war candidate, but i learned more about it and changed. Some of you might just have to get used to a reformed Limbaugh. Would you accept him as you have accepted the former hawks among you today, such as myself?

Platondas
11-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Heck, I am still pro-Iraq war but I think liberty and small gov. are more important so I converted.

eyeswideopen
11-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Will this help anyone?

http://www.ontheissues.org/Rush_Limbaugh.htm

Kingfisher
11-29-2007, 12:38 PM
In the early and mid-nineties I was an avid Limbaugh fan. Had a Rush Room in the restaurant I owned at the time. After awhile I started to wonder why he wouldn't touch the critical issues like the Federal Reserve, our monetary system, abolishing the IRS, getting out of the UN, etc. Anyone calling him about those issues gets slammed as a conspiracy nut. He's no more in line with Ron Paul than George Bush is. Limbaugh is a neocon shill who will never support Ron Paul. He'll support whoever the Establishment wants him to support. You're wasting your time.

I agree

Kingfisher
11-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Might as well try to convince Hannity

Talldude1412
11-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Will this help anyone?

http://www.ontheissues.org/Rush_Limbaugh.htm

Those are all some rather old views, mostly from his 90's heydays. They probably work, but we could use some avid listeners who know his stances better.

Kade
11-29-2007, 12:58 PM
If Rush endorses Paul, count me out. The man is the apex of anti-freedom and hypocrisy.

OV 101 Enterprise
11-29-2007, 01:09 PM
I am on of the rare pro-war Paul supporters. I think that we where justified in going into Afghanistan, although we should have declared war. At this point, I feel that it is time to come home, as the terrorist element has been damaged to the point where our current presence does more harm than good. The Afgan people need to take charge of their own country, and will not do so as long as we are there to hold their hands.

I even supported going into Iraq when the plan was to go in, get the job done, and leave. I never really thought that going into Iraq was a particularly good idea, but I understand that self defense sometimes does require making the first strike. Going into Iraq without declaring war was not appropriate, but like the rest of the country, I had grown numb to this, and did not get to upset about it. When the mission changed from removing a threat to building a nation, thats when my support for staying in Iraq dissipated.

At this point, I am torn on my feelings on what should be done in Iraq. We went in and made the mess, so I feel that we have a duty to clean it up. On the other hand, no reasonable person can honestly say that the mess in Iraq can be cleaned up. I know that without a withdraw such as Dr. Paul proposes, we will be stuck in Iraq for the better part of the next century.

I may not be completely convinced that withdrawing from Iraq is the correct course of action for our country. I know deep down that it needs to be done, but I am hesitant to turn over that region of the world to a group of people that desperately wants to destroy us (even if it may be our fault that they dislike us). I do not think that simply bringing home all of our troops from all of the over seas bases will make the terrorist threat go away, but I also don't think that keeping the troops overseas does anything to protect us from the terrorists. I do feel that we would most likely be better served by stationing our military in our own country, its hard to defend the homeland when your military is half a world away.

To me, terrorism is a great threat to our nation, but it is not the greatest threat. Our economy is falling apart. The value of the dollar is dropping by the day, and inflation is making it impossible to effectively save money. The dropping dollar, combined with unfair trade agreements, and the hight cost of doing business inside the US (mostly in part to the high taxes and excessive regulation) has completely destroyed the manufacturing base in our country. Unrestricted illegal immigration has undercut the earning potential of the American workforce, and greedy unions have made even the strongest American companies unprofitable. The entire American economy is a house or cards, and Ron Paul is the only candidate who is willing to shut the window before the wind blows the entire house down. We need to worry about the terrorist who want to destroy our country, but only after we have prevented our country from destroying itself.

If we hope to gain the support of Rush, and the other mainstream conservative commentators, we need to stress the bigger picture, and try to get them to look at more than just good doctors stance on the war. Most of these commentators agree with Dr. Paul more than they know, they just need to look past the war.

Every other candidate has a number of stances that Rush or any of the other commentators does not agree with. They tend to look past these, because they believe that the terrorism is the biggest issue. They key to gaining the support of these parties is to help them to understand that without an economy, we will not have a country left to protect.

RevolutionSD
11-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Rush would support Hillary if that's what he was getting paid (and forced) to do. Above all Rush is a status quo elitist who wants to keep the false lefr-right battle alive.

Having said that, I will support and help any campaign to get him on our side.

Talldude1412
11-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Every other candidate has a number of stances that Rush or any of the other commentators does not agree with. They tend to look past these, because they believe that the terrorism is the biggest issue. They key to gaining the support of these parties is to help them to understand that without an economy, we will not have a country left to protect.

Right on. And as Ron Paul has even said, he doesn't believe its completely up to the executive branch to dictate foreign policy. He will put all his beliefs through the congressional machine, and whatever comes out the other side (so long as its not pork and doesn't go completely against what he put in) he will accept. I think a lot of people don't get that Ron Paul isn't an executive power abuser, he isn't going to wield the presidency to unilaterally do everything he believes in, because above all else he believes in the constitution and the republic first. Electing Ron Paul is only the first step in pulling our country away from big gov'tism, and our economic decline, after that we have to elect people from the ground up to represent these views in congress and elsewhere so such laws that an executive introduces remain more intact after all the political trade-offs have occurred, thats the American way.

craezie
11-29-2007, 01:31 PM
I listen once a week or so.

He did make a radical turn-about on illegal immigration mostly due to popular sentiment.

He always says the economy is great, though, look at all of the people traveling and buying things. He things that the doom and gloom economy people are liberals trying to get a bigger control over things.

Basically you can't say anything negative about this country or he thinks you are un-American.

MikeStanart
11-29-2007, 01:33 PM
If Rush endorses Paul, count me out. The man is the apex of anti-freedom and hypocrisy.

Just because someone you dont' care for for endorses Paul, doesn't mean you should now be against Paul....

That would be like.... A serial murderer saying he now he loves jesus.....

And me as a christian saying "Oh no! A murderer supports jesus!....I can't be a christian now!"

anotherone
11-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Rush is the epitome of "Don't rock the boat. Stay with the safe party line"

He will ***NEVER*** endorse Ron Paul. Ever.

If Ron Paul was President, then Rush would act like he agreed with Ron the entire time.

Rush is a political chameleon and is not principled. Forget him.

Spirit of '76
11-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Limbaugh is a neocon shill who will never support Ron Paul. He'll support whoever the Establishment wants him to support. You're wasting your time.

Didn't he endorse Buchanan? Not exactly an establishment golden boy...

ronpaulitician
11-29-2007, 01:42 PM
People who call must be tactful!

They must be Respectful!

They must be knowledgeable!
--> NOTE: this applies at all times, not just when trying to convert someone like Rush

Kade
11-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Just because someone you dont' care for for endorses Paul, doesn't mean you should now be against Paul....

That would be like.... A serial murderer saying he now he loves jesus.....

And me as a christian saying "Oh no! A murderer supports jesus!....I can't be a christian now!"

It's a thin, thin line now. I can't stand the Republican Party or Christians, or the combination of both, whichever is more offensive. Rush is against every reason why I consider supporting Paul.

Richie
11-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Rush is a giant pig and converting him will be close to impossible. I can guarantee that an e-mail campaign will just piss him off, and if you call in, he'll pull a Hannity.

Spirit of '76
11-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Rush is a giant pig and converting him will be close to impossible.

I think he likes Ron, but is waiting to see which way the wind blows. That's why he's never attacked Ron. He just doesn't talk much about him at all.

I can guarantee that an e-mail campaign will just piss him off, and if you call in, he'll pull a Hannity.

I agree with what you say about an email campaign, but disagree that he'll "pull a Hannity" if you call in. He's never done so before.

CableNewsJunkie
11-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Rush is not going to endorse a mid-tier candidate during the primaries.

Invest your energy into the campaign.

Just getting on the air though and being persuasive will help win over some listeners.

CableNewsJunkie
11-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Heck, I am still pro-Iraq war but I think liberty and small gov. are more important so I converted.

Yea, I'm in the same boat you are.

And I also think this war can be fought more effectively with words and persuasive arguments rather than overwhelming brute force.

CableNewsJunkie
11-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Above all Rush is a status quo elitist who wants to keep the false left-right battle alive.

Yea, it's good for ad revenue.

Bossobass
11-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Limbaugh is a Bush Sr./Bush Jr. boot licker who is in it for the MONEY.

If he says something positive about RP, great. But I certainly wouldn't try to persuade him to say it, and I most certainly ain't gonna hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

Bosso

Spirit of '76
11-30-2007, 10:19 AM
And I also think this war can be fought more effectively with words and persuasive arguments rather than overwhelming brute force.

"Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means."

--Ronald Reagan

BlutStein
11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
If Rush doesn't already know that Ron Paul is the only one for small government and has the best voting record....then its all over.

This guy does this for a living so its not like he hasn't figured this all out already. So its really only two things going on here: 1.) He is a neocon and therefore he'll vote along those lines and not for what he preaches for or 2.) he is biting his tongue till a later date and he is gonna go all out in support of Ron Paul...the only conservative running.

Vendico
11-30-2007, 10:32 AM
I heard Rush say he's not going to campaign for anyone. That's their job. He's not going to go for anyone until sometime next year. I bet we can change that though.

JAYCEE
11-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Rush doesn't endorse in the primary.

He's also a chickenhawk warmonger who wants to go on, on to Tehran.

Spirit of '76
11-30-2007, 10:35 AM
He's also a chickenhawk warmonger who wants to go on, on to Tehran.

I'm tellin' ya. Rush goes whichever way the GOP base goes.

He says that kind of stuff because he thinks that's what they base wants to hear. After we take the primaries, he'll change his tune.