PDA

View Full Version : Meetup.com Magic

Zydeco
06-25-2007, 10:05 PM
6 new meetup.com Ron Paul groups started TODAY. The second most popular candidate on the site, Barack Obama, has had 6 groups start in the past TWO WEEKS. And look at them, one is a miscategorized Ron Paul group!

Gore-Obama 2008 : Travis County, Texas

Founded Jun 22, 2007

Generation Barack Obama

Founded Jun 21, 2007

Haddon Township Democratic Association

Founded Jun 18, 2007

OBAMA OKC

Founded Jun 15, 2007

Tacoma-Pierce County Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group

Founded Jun 10, 2007

South King County for Obama

THIS TRAIN IS REALLY ROLLING, KIDS! :eek: :eek: :eek:

UCFGavin
06-25-2007, 10:07 PM
i just hope the meetup groups can stay organized and humble. the last thing we need are meetup groups that want to try and push any agenda other than trying to get dr. paul elected.

Brandybuck
06-25-2007, 11:04 PM
i just hope the meetup groups can stay organized and humble. the last thing we need are meetup groups that want to try and push any agenda other than trying to get dr. paul elected.
Too late. A lot of them are are already pushing their own agendas. My own local meetup invited two well known conspiracist authors to speak at a Ron Paul appearance.

Shink
06-25-2007, 11:28 PM
What needs to happen is shit tons of donations, so they can hire more campaign staff to watch over and guide the groups. This is how the number of votes will come in, but it has to be less chaotic. A consolidated effort will win this for us.

IrrigatedPancake
06-26-2007, 12:45 AM
What needs to happen is shit tons of donations, so they can hire more campaign staff to watch over and guide the groups. This is how the number of votes will come in, but it has to be less chaotic. A consolidated effort will win this for us.

To an extent that's true, but the groups may be more able to develop campaigns in their own communities to which they are more directly connected than the central campaign.

Sounds like a federal vs state power debate.

I wonder how much money RP's campaign actually has if you include the money collected by the meetups. I think it would be a good idea to find a way to arrange a network we could use to do things like contribute money to groups in important states like Iowa and New Hampshire around the time of their primaries and send money to groups that can get certain goods, like sign making materials, at better prices. We need a Ron Paul meetup market.

Really there is no maximum donation limit because since we're essentially part of the campaign we are just donating to ourselves.

Do yall think there could be any legal problems with something like that?

jd603
06-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Yeah, they should take a step back from the conspiracies. It doesn't do Ron any good at all. I don't think there will be enough of those types of meetups to do any damage but still. It's the kind of thing the crooked media looks for to exploit as negative PR.

Too late. A lot of them are are already pushing their own agendas. My own local meetup invited two well known conspiracist authors to speak at a Ron Paul appearance.

Noodles
06-26-2007, 08:12 AM
I think we should forbear too much guidance. Free market approach will work with this too. We want everyone's vote, even if they do believe in the leprechauns.

Kandilynn
06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
My meetup group gained 6 new members yesterday.