PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul is in SIX articles on the front page of TheHill!

TaftFan
01-06-2014, 12:40 AM
http://thehill.com/

This is almost ridiculous. Here are the articles:

Peter King: Paul 'doesn't deserve' to be a senator

Paul calls for lighter sentence for Snowden

Suit will prove NSA actions unconstitutional, Sen. Rand Paul says

Democrats need to come 'halfway' on immigration, Rand Paul says

Paul open to offset jobless insurance

Paul having personal ObamaCare problems

Christian Liberty
01-06-2014, 12:50 AM
Except that two of them make Rand Paul look awful. And I'm not referring to the Peter King idiot attack either.

WD-NY
01-06-2014, 02:31 AM
Except that two of them make Rand Paul look awful. And I'm not referring to the Peter King idiot attack either.

Which 2?

Brett85
01-06-2014, 08:42 AM
I hope that Rand's position on unemployment insurance is based off of political expediency and wanting to become President in 2016. Because if he actually supports unemployment insurance, that would mean that he doesn't understand the Constitution. I hope that he's at least opposed to the program privately, but I have no way of knowing.

CPUd
01-06-2014, 08:49 AM
I hope that Rand's position on unemployment insurance is based off of political expediency and wanting to become President in 2016. Because if he actually supports unemployment insurance, that would mean that he doesn't understand the Constitution. I hope that he's at least opposed to the program privately, but I have no way of knowing.

I think he supports it if the companies are responsible for the tab, and not the federal govt.

Publicani
01-06-2014, 10:34 AM
I think he supports it if the companies are responsible for the tab, and not the federal govt.

In other words, he supports the federal gov insurance if it's not fed gov insurance?

Christian Liberty
01-06-2014, 11:00 AM

This was one of the two I was talking about in my above post. The disgusting comment about Snowden deserving any penalty at all is another one.

FSP-Rebel
01-06-2014, 11:49 AM
This was one of the two I was talking about in my above post. The disgusting comment about Snowden deserving any penalty at all is another one.
What I took from that part of the interview is that Rand was trying to purvey that anything beyond a year or two in prison was absurd over this. Basically driving the conversation in the average boobs' eye (ABC is the king of boobs) that clemency should be a realistic option and that the life sentence currently being served by Bradley Manning (w/o mentioning it) is unacceptable for these sorts of whistleblower situations. As it stands, Obama and co have come down hard on any and all of these guys as clearly explained by Greenwald in his recent interviews. It's another form of civil liberties warfare against the left from the libertarian camp in the GOP. My fellow ancaps should know by now that Rand beats around the bush on certain matters and you're not going to get an iconoclastic truth bomb as offered by Ron on every issue. Presentation may differ at times but the end result is the same.

ObiRandKenobi
01-06-2014, 12:02 PM
I hope that Rand's position on unemployment insurance is based off of political expediency

i'm thinking that a lot lately.

i guess as long as its political expediency and he governs like he used to be, its worth it.

jbauer
01-06-2014, 12:06 PM

No such thing as bad press. Heck even the idiot in Toronto is going to run again for Mayor.

You have to realize that 99% of the voters don't give a damn about politics. Its all about name recognition and getting on the boobtube (and now internet) is how you gain that name recognition. Just because you partially disagree with a few of the particulars of how he framed an answer doesn't make it a bad article.

With regards to the unemployment insurance. Would you have preferred he come out and say that no one should be getting anything and those lazy bastards should get off their duff? Framing his answer by saying he's ok with "compromise" as long as the other side compromises as well is exactly what he should be saying. His "economic freedom zone" idea is that of ledgends. He's going to push for it and the Dem's and even some of the Rep's are going to push back against giving the poorest/most depressed areas in the country a leg up.

As for Snowden. The numbers I've seen says the majority of Americans still think he should go to the pen and throw away the key. Framing his answer by saying Snowden did something wrong (in that he did break the law by stealing and then releasing government information) but so has the NSA's spokesman also falls under ledgendary terms. You can't be "for" punishing Snowden and against punishing the NSA guy even if your Neocon blood tell you that's what you should be. It's making the average joe think. Not so different but a bit more tactful than Rand's old man.