PDA

View Full Version : FBI Drops Law Enforcement as 'Primary' Mission

green73
01-05-2014, 11:25 PM
The FBI's creeping advance into the world of counterterrorism is nothing new. But quietly and without notice, the agency has finally decided to make it official in one of its organizational fact sheets. Instead of declaring "law enforcement" as its "primary function," as it has for years, the FBI fact sheet now lists "national security" as its chief mission. The changes largely reflect the FBI reforms put in place after September 11, 2001, which some have criticized for de-prioritizing law enforcement activities. Regardless, with the 9/11 attacks more than a decade in the past, the timing of the edits is baffling some FBI-watchers.

cont.
http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2014/01/05/fbi_drops_law_enforcement_as_primary_mission#sthas h.dTe9DVfT.dpbs

Kotin
01-05-2014, 11:40 PM
New primary mission: giving doops fake bombs and arresting them and then calling it successful counterterrorism and demanding more funding.

Warlord
01-05-2014, 11:47 PM
New primary mission: giving doops fake bombs and arresting them and then calling it successful counterterrorism and demanding more funding.

Yep. And the victim usually gets about 30 years in prison

Anti Federalist
01-05-2014, 11:53 PM
the FBI fact sheet now lists "national STATE security" as its chief mission.

Fixed.

Комитет государственной безопасности

Might as well stop beating around the bush, FFS.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-06-2014, 12:07 AM
The wording change is actually accurate for these dopey tax leeches. They don't enforce law, but rather order. And we all know what Ben Franklin said about security.

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Fixed.

Комитет государственной безопасности

Might as well stop beating around the bush, FFS.

Ministerium für Staatssicherheit, comrade.

Tod
01-06-2014, 12:40 AM
national security excludes anyone who doesn't support the status quo........grow your own garden is a failure to support the food system. live off grid is a failure to support the infrastructure. belief in liberty is a failure to support the society.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-06-2014, 03:12 AM
national security excludes anyone who doesn't support the status quo........grow your own garden is a failure to support the food system. live off grid is a failure to support the infrastructure. belief in liberty is a failure to support the society.

We're all Reds now. Boobus Americanus...genus stupidus. If I have to hear, but I have nothing to hide, one more time..about as annoying as who will build the roads!

green73
01-06-2014, 03:31 AM
We're all Reds now. Boobus Americanus...genus stupidus. If I have to hear, but I have nothing to hide, one more time..about as annoying as who will build the roads!

Actually "Boobus" is the genus. "stupidus" would be the sub species. /HB moment.