PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Fever: Georgia Couple Shocked Over Racial Slur on Valet Ticket

aGameOfThrones
01-04-2014, 11:28 PM
A Georgia couple was shocked and disgusted to find a racial slur scrawled on a valet ticket after a night out at a local restaurant.

After Candea and Sam Aarons had dinner at the Spondivits restaurant in East Point, Ga., on New Year's Day, they found that the valet tag still affixed to their key chain had the phrase "jungle fever" written on one side.
The phrase is a racial slur for an interracial couple.

Candea Aaron said she initially didn't notice anything unusual in their interaction with the valet, but in previous visits the tag was always removed from their key before they received it back.

"I've never had their [valet] tag left on the key," said Aaron. "He wanted us to see it."
Aaron and her husband, a military veteran who had recently returned from Kuwait, immediately contacted the restaurant and valet company.
"It was the shock of it all, it was so upsetting to us," said Aaron.

The Spondivits restaurant contracts with APS Valet to run their valet service. Aaron said she was told by the owner of APS that the valet responsible would immediately be fired and was offered a gift certificate for dinner, which she turned down.

According to ABC News affiliate WSB-TV in Atlanta, the owner of APS Valet confirmed that the valet in question no longer worked at the company and that "APS does not tolerate racism of any kind whatsoever."

Aaron said she was bothered that the Spondivits' restaurant had not offered a further apology for the valet's actions.
Home Depot Apologizes for Racist Tweet

An unidentified restaurant employee at the Spondivits' restaurant declined to comment to ABCNews.com about the incident.
In a pointed statement posted on Facebook, Spondivits' chef and overseer Glenn Gagne said that the restaurant has "no tolerance for racism" and would not talk to news outlets about the case.

"Spondivits will not tolerate racial speak by employees or customers on our property. We are known for our racial diversity," wrote Gagne.

Gagne pointed out that the valet was fired within hours of the incident. But he disputes the slur was intentionally left to insult the couple, pointing out that many valets write descriptive details about customers, such as "leather jacket or white beard," to help them remember a car's owner.

"This valet wrote an unacceptable description on this customer's ticket, but it was not him trying to send a racist message to the customers," wrote Gagne. "He just has poor taste and this cost him his job."

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/georgia-couple-shocked-over-racial-slur-valet-ticket-201152333--abc-news-topstories.html

Cleaner44
01-04-2014, 11:40 PM
Quickly, setup a donation page before the world finds out this is a hoax!

FrankRep
01-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Gutfeld: The Hate Crime Hoax Business Is Booming (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/12/06/gutfeld_the_hate_crime_hoax_business_is_booming.ht ml)
(Video on page)

Real Clear Politics
December 6, 2013

GREG GUTFELD: At least one business is doing great these days: the hate crime hoax factory. They've even hit a new high, or low, as the perps of such crimes are the people meant to curb them.

The Daily Caller reports that a series of bigoted messages about women, blacks and transgendered were invented by a member of the Bias Incident Response Team or BIRT. It's the victims doing the victimizing. BIRT is the bigot.

So, how can creating false hate crimes not be hate crimes themselves? After all, the violators' intent is to help themselves by hurting others, right?

Sadly, the media and academics don't mind these deeds for they believe in one greater fact: It doesn't matter if that hate crime is fake because a real one just like it has to be happening somewhere else. It's the assumption that drives all perceived injustice. We don't need facts, just feelings, to find fault.

Sadly, this fetish for divisiveness makes for an environment that engages and rewards the resentful. And because hate is in short supply, the resentful have to create it. It's hate karaoke, where the singers bang out hit after hit to the delight of a cooing angry crowd.

Fabrication is their livelihood. The scary part is, in 20 years, they'll be the historians writing about this era as if all of their lies were true.

green73
01-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Wait, they admitted that the valet did it. What's with the hoax comments?

FrankRep
01-05-2014, 12:03 AM
Wait, they admitted that the valet did it. What's with the hoax comments?

There have been a ton of hoaxes lately. I get suspicious when stories like this hit the news.

alucard13mm
01-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Seems everything is a racial slur :p... twinkies.

Anti Federalist
01-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Oh FFS, this again.

Of course, nobody cares, but, you should always be wary of anything that is "Zero Tolerance".

green73
01-05-2014, 12:09 AM
Seems everything is a racial slur :p... twinkies.

You bastard. My cousin is in love with a twinkie.

Danke
01-05-2014, 12:14 AM
What's Next!? What's Next!? What's Next!?

James Madison
01-05-2014, 12:19 AM
"I've never had their [valet] tag left on the key," said Aaron. "He wanted us to see it."
Aaron and her husband, a military veteran who had recently returned from Kuwait, immediately contacted the restaurant and valet company.
"It was the shock of it all, it was so upsetting to us," said Aaron.

FFS, what does this have to do with anything? It's like we're living in Starship Troopers, and I'm Rico.

green73
01-05-2014, 12:21 AM
FFS, what does this have to do with anything? It's like we're living in Starship Troopers, and I'm Rico.

Oh, it matters.

oyarde
01-05-2014, 12:21 AM
What's Next!? What's Next!? What's Next!?

I dunno , I did not even know there were eating houses there with valet parking.....

oyarde
01-05-2014, 12:22 AM

Why would he be in Kuwait ? Vacation :) ?

Danke
01-05-2014, 12:23 AM
I dunno , I did not even know there were eating houses there with valet parking.....

We all know what is written on your valet ticket. :p

oyarde
01-05-2014, 12:26 AM
We all know what is written on your valet ticket. :p

I never read those . Punks better remember though , I have taken many more scalps than they. We did not have video games , lol

Anti Federalist
01-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Spondivits will not tolerate racial speak

What is that?

2young2vote
01-05-2014, 12:51 AM
What is that?

He done went and spoken all redneck like.