PDA

View Full Version : University developing technology to vote on your tablet, smartphone

CaseyJones
01-04-2014, 01:11 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/04/university-developing-technology-to-vote-on-your-tablet-smartphone/#ixzz2pRPlp7ly

A Clemson University professor is developing a new electronic voting system that will allow voters to cast their ballots from home computers, tablets and smartphones.

As Clemson’s chair of human-centered computing, Juan Gilbert has lead teams of students over the last 10 years to create an online voting system accessible at home or on the go that will be more accurate, have increased verification and make voting more accessible to people with disabilities by offering mobile and voice-command options.

The system will be downloadable via computer, tablet or smartphone, and be significantly cheaper and easier to use than conventional electronic voting machines, The Greenville News reports.

“Prime III is the world’s most accessible voting technology ever created,” Gilbert told The Greenville News Thursday. “And we did that in our labs.”

The Premier Third Generation Voting System will be offered for free and already has plans to go into use in Wisconsin by the 2014 midterm elections, with voting-machine manufacturers in South Carolina looking into it as well.

Grubb556
01-04-2014, 01:41 PM
So will the plebs be allowed to propose bills and vote on them ?

Natural Citizen
01-04-2014, 02:08 PM
I think that we predicted this a while back. I know that there is a thread here some place because I added it. Bad news. We already have our votes being counted offshore for cripes sake which is very, very dangerous. Absolutely no transparency with this.

aGameOfThrones
01-04-2014, 02:14 PM
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/TJStepp99/VoteGIF-1.gif

Ronin Truth
01-04-2014, 03:28 PM
If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.

nobody's_hero
01-04-2014, 04:36 PM
By all means, lets find ways for the laziest, uninformed people to get involved in the voting process.

Ronin Truth
01-04-2014, 04:57 PM
By all means, lets find ways for the laziest, uninformed people to get involved in the voting process.

Recent results would seem to indicate that they already are and have been for some time.:(

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/quotes/authors/g/george_bernard_shaw.html)

Anti Federalist
01-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Oh Joy...just what we need...millions more voters who are upset that government isn't doing enough to them.

Yay Democrazy.

idiom
01-04-2014, 05:49 PM
This is great! The NSA will be able to double check all the vote tallies.

muh_roads
01-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Oh Joy...just what we need...millions more voters who are upset that government isn't doing enough to them.

Yay Democrazy.

On the flip-side, getting the right to vote down all the shitty trade agreements that ship jobs overseas would be nice. These displaced manufacturing workers aren't dead...yet.

But since this isn't about direct bill voting, I'm gonna side with Ronin Truth.