PDA

View Full Version : In Canada, Can't find a job? Then make one, youth told

AngryCanadian
01-04-2014, 06:31 AM
In Canada, Can't find a job? Then make one, youth told (http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/can-t-find-a-job-then-make-one-youth-told-1.2483457)
The majority of the Youth in Canada whatever or not they finish college/university were told if they cant find a job then they should make one.
Thats the advice they are getting.
Canadian Youth unemployment rate stands 14%.

With youth unemployment at 14 per cent, more than double the rate for adult workers, Canada’s young people are being encouraged to innovate to create their own jobs.
The Canadian Youth Business Foundation provides mentoring, training and help with finding financing for young graduates who hope to be entrepreneurs.

Its new CEO Julia Deans would like to create a national action plan for youth entrepreneurship and plans a summit later this year to pull together interested professionals.

“We know there aren’t jobs for every youth coming out of school and we also know not every youth wants to have a traditional job,” Deans said in an interview with CBC’s Metro Morning.

That's the usual crap we are being exposed with here. No one here is going to look a job for you basically you have to take measures in order to be successful.

tod evans
01-04-2014, 06:47 AM
That's the usual crap we are being exposed with here. No one here is going to look a job for you basically you have to take measures in order to be successful.

Good!

Government is not your friend, even in Canada.

Make or build something, anything, and do it well...

Or provide a service and do it well....

Origanalist
01-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Is this a troll post?

AngryCanadian
01-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Is this a troll post?

How does posting an news article with my thoughts make this a troll post again?

Origanalist
01-04-2014, 07:23 AM
How does posting an news article with my thoughts make this a troll post again?

I was asking, not calling. This is the sentence that has me confused;

Is someone supposed to look for a job for you?

AngryCanadian
01-04-2014, 07:26 AM

No thats why some people in Canada are desperate enough and are looking for a job at some job searching agencies. Some people never do learn when they search there.

FindLiberty
01-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Youths could set up lemonade stands, install parking meters and construct DIY cardboard toll booths on all streets around local government office buildings in order to raise funding required for lobby efforts aimed at reducing the size and scope of local government.

Origanalist
01-04-2014, 12:21 PM
You know, my eyes aren't the best, is that a neg rep you gave me AC?

specsaregood
01-04-2014, 12:29 PM

Yeah, I'm confused by the OP. Does OP think this is a bad thing? Because it sounds like a great thing to me.

Petar
01-04-2014, 12:58 PM
OP is a guy from the former Yugoslavia who is still sore that communism was an abysmal failure.

He blames the West for "sabotaging" what surely would have worked perfectly without their pernicious influence (even though the West financially sponsored the whole monstrosity).

It's not important to him that the regime was totalitarian and genocidal, and he thinks that we should support him because we are against foreign intervention.

Oh, and if you want to make money in Canada then you need to find some way to go west.

Some way, any way, just do it...

Origanalist
01-04-2014, 01:03 PM
I guess he really is angry.....

AngryCanadian
01-04-2014, 01:40 PM
OP is a guy from the former Yugoslavia who is still sore that communism was an abysmal failure.

He blames the West for "sabotaging" what surely would have worked perfectly without their pernicious influence (even though the West financially sponsored the whole monstrosity).

It's not important to him that the regime was totalitarian and genocidal, and he thinks that we should support him because we are against foreign intervention.

Oh, and if you want to make money in Canada then you need to find some way to go west.

Hows the failing new Bosnia Doing Peter? you avoided the numbers i gave to you that are from Bosnia of its Unemployment rate.

Your forgetting to state that America backed the Saudi Islamists Bosnians.

we should support him because we are against foreign intervention
The last time i checked time this forum is called liberty.

AngryCanadian
01-04-2014, 01:55 PM

It's not important to him that the regime was totalitarian and genocidal
I am sure you could explain to all the users why the new Bosnian census report arent even out yet? oh thats right your beloved Bosnian Muslim led government doesn't want the truth out on how many the Serbs are still left.

As for your claims that Yugoslavia and Serbs that were totalitarian and genocidal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg4HH9TSSuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtfDi6nb4H8
Yeah thats right Peter keep ignoring History.

Ender
01-04-2014, 03:08 PM
In Canada, Can't find a job? Then make one, youth told (http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/can-t-find-a-job-then-make-one-youth-told-1.2483457)
The majority of the Youth in Canada whatever or not they finish college/university were told if they cant find a job then they should make one.

That's called capitalism in the real sense- need more Steve Jobs.

Petar
01-04-2014, 03:15 PM
I am sure you could explain to all the users why the new Bosnian census report arent even out yet? oh thats right your beloved Bosnian Muslim led government doesn't want the truth out on how many the Serbs are still left.

As for your claims that Yugoslavia and Serbs that were totalitarian and genocidal.

Of course Yugoslavia was totalitarian and genocidal, only a complete welfare loving Balkan idiot would not be aware of that...

And who said anything about loving the Bosnian Moslem government?

Quit trying to change the topic you friggin' toolbag...

MelissaWV
01-04-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm also confused on this one. Even though Government bends over backwards to make it difficult for you to really get a good idea to market, at least the advice itself is solid. If you do not want a traditional job, and if you are having problems selling yourself as a product to employers, then you need to differentiate your product in some way... or you need to become the boss.

Tod
01-04-2014, 03:32 PM
I think no small part of our problems with government today is due to the fact that too many people are employees that have developed a mentality of having a boss telling them what to do. Not all employees have that mentality, but there are an awful lot that do.

It is a sort of stunted growth, like two kids asking for a parent to solve their dispute for them, only instead of a parent, it is the employer and the government.

eduardo89
01-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Sounds like the advice my dad gave me.

FindLiberty
01-12-2014, 02:45 PM
sore that communism was an abysmal failure

Timely... watch (listen to) this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA2lCBJu2Gg

Lucille
01-12-2014, 02:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQscE3Xed64

erowe1
01-12-2014, 03:05 PM
I don't get the OP. Is that supposed to be a bad thing to tell kids?

Here in America they're told, "Here's the way life works. Get a job that we approve of that meets our regulations, or do nothing. Don't even think about working outside the system."

AngryCanadian
01-12-2014, 03:37 PM

Here in America they're told, "Here's the way life works. Get a job that we approve of that meets our regulations, or do nothing. Don't even think about working outside the system."

It is if you dont have any connections on which ever job industry you decide to work from either home or your own start up. Everything in the job industry relates to connections.

Cleaner44
01-12-2014, 03:43 PM

Are you pissed that the government isn't doing more to provide you with a job? Help me understand your point?

MelissaWV
01-12-2014, 03:50 PM
It is if you dont have any connections on which ever job industry you decide to work from either home or your own start up. Everything in the job industry relates to connections.

Which is why no one can ever make a living or start a company without connections. Yep. Never. No one can privately provide a service or product, without some kind of protection money or elaborate system of "knowing the right people."

It's not automatically going to work out for you. You do actually have to work at things, and you will have a number of refusals and doors slammed in your face. Knowing the right people just happens to cushion those slams and provide a few extra doors to knock on. "The job industry" isn't an industry. All this is, is another way to differentiate your product (you). Start your own business, look into doing something you might not have considered, research fields where people are retiring and not enough people are replacing them, etc.. Make yourself more unique one way or another, or be one of a hundred other "business administration" graduates with debt and not much practical knowledge, whining that you can't find the job of your dreams.

RickyJ
01-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Is this a troll post?

Hardly, this is an Angry Canadian post!

compromise
01-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Slobodan Milosevic/Ratko Mladic 2016!

:D

erowe1
01-12-2014, 04:07 PM

Wow. So, what I should take away from this post is that what Petar said about you was pretty much right.

VIDEODROME
01-12-2014, 04:38 PM
This seems problematic to me, because starting up a business seems like it would require startup money or resources. Unless you want to gamble and ask for a business loan.

I guess I just imagine that if I wanted to start a business, I would want to get it together gradually while working part-time. I bet if many you people got such a part-time job while living cheaply with parents or roommates, they might consider this step.

angelatc
01-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I'm confused by the OP. Does OP think this is a bad thing? Because it sounds like a great thing to me.

There was a time when an American Dad would have told his son that.

MRK
01-12-2014, 11:03 PM
This is the advice I gave myself and followed when I couldn't get employed the way I wanted. Whomever I helped by not competing for their employee job - you're welcome!

But I know I didn't build that - there were people who helped me along the way. But there were a lot more people who got in the way to be honest. Most Americans (including my close friends and family) don't respect the concept of being self-employed anymore, you will get ridiculed by everyone - whether you're making money or not. "Y u no have health insurance/401k plan? Y u lazy? Y u no 'use' degree? Y u no have real job?" etc.