PDA

View Full Version : McCain's attack on RP being played on local news

icon57
11-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Looks like McCain got what he wanted in that the local radio news (orlando) is playing his preplanned WWII isolationist attack on RP every hour. They don't play RP's response. McCain's stupid soundbite worked.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Let me guess.. neocon radio?

Mr. Coolidge
11-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Which is great, because it defeats the purpose of having the debate in the first place. And they're doing it on CNN too, at least as often. (I'm only checking CNN to see what they're saying about the debates last night.)

peruvianRP
11-29-2007, 12:02 PM
It will backfire as Rudy's

vegetarianrpfan
11-29-2007, 12:41 PM
I agree that it will backfire. Mentioning Hitler gets some groups riled up because they don't like the Holocaust being brought up to make a quick political point. McCain showed his complete ignorance when he tried to say that Vietnam was only lost because of public opinion. Anyone alive during that time knows that we could not have "won" in Vietnam even if we were still there. That's going to get a lot of baby boomers (who have a semblance of intelligence) thinking that McCain just doesn't know what he's talking about.

------------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

bobmurph
11-29-2007, 12:53 PM
McCain was on Laura Ingraham this morning and they talked about the soundbite. McCain said "I'm just tired of Paul's rhetoric about the war in Iraq".

Please. Rhetoric? It's one thing to assert that what the Dems say about Iraq is rhetoric...but Ron Paul's stance is as genuine as they come.

Jimmy
11-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Saw it this morning on the news (don't remember which channel) they left out some of Pauls responces....I specifically remember they cut out the part when Paul said he got the most military donations. Wonder if they would have left that out of McCains responce if the shoe was on the other foot :rolleyes:

pacelli
11-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Saw it this morning on the news (don't remember which channel) they left out some of Pauls responces....I specifically remember they cut out the part when Paul said he got the most military donations. Wonder if they would have left that out of McCains responce if the shoe was on the other foot :rolleyes:

When CNN had their post-debate wrap-up in the hour after the debate, they replayed the melee, but edited out RP's comment about getting the most number of military donations as well, and started his response at his second sentence. This is good news because it shows that the neocons are now afraid of Dr. No and have to resort to distorting reality to make attempts to discredit him.

icon57
11-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Let me guess.. neocon radio?

yes you are correct, AM 540wfla neocon radio news. the station carrying limbaugh, G. Beck, ect

mordechai
11-29-2007, 01:25 PM
The neo-cons have been distorting reality since the 1970s, when they were spawned.

jenius
11-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Think about it this way...

It wasn't really an attack on Ron Paul as it was McCain's last attempt to prove that he is the principled war-hawk that pro-war Republicans are looking for. As such, Ron Paul's response doesn't really matter, and the attack won't hurt Ron Paul's credibility one bit. McCain simply needed to get himself positioned as the strong pro-war advocate (over Giuliani) and Ron Paul was the easiest to attack because Ron Paul is against the war.

RonPaulFTFW
11-29-2007, 01:59 PM
people... thinks look ok now in iraq, even though we all know they aren't.

But the a lot could happen between now and then and nobody is going to elect mccain.

malibu
11-29-2007, 02:13 PM
McCain was on Laura Ingraham this morning and they talked about the soundbite. McCain said "I'm just tired of Paul's rhetoric about the war in Iraq".

Please. Rhetoric? It's one thing to assert that what the Dems say about Iraq is rhetoric...but Ron Paul's stance is as genuine as they come.

http://la.gg/upl/PaulOwnsMcCain.gif

"Straight talk" is tired of "rhetoric" and confuses the meaning of isolationist -
maybe he needs to listen more to the English language instead of talking.

And remember his stupid comments in an earlier debate with Wolf Blitzer about English as our language - he's a buffoon..

Is McLame also tired of President Eisenhower's warning to the citizens of an upcoming military-industrial-"congressional" complex
during his farewell address to the nation in 1961-

and is McLame also tired of the West Point grads against the war's "rhetoric"?

http://www.westpointgradsagainstthewar.org/

We are all obviously tired of his lame campaigning over the past 8 years and the millions he's spent to promote his presidential bid campaigns favoring foreign interventionism - which in most cases leads to a worse foundation for national security.

And his candidate-approved video clip last night was among the worst - his "tied up" sound bite and all.

Derek Johnson
11-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Since McCain blamed the US non-interventionalism for the rise of Hitler (who himself was using pre-emptive war ~ sound familiar?), I'd like to give Senator McCain a reading assignment, and he can read it online, here it is:

http://reformed-theology.org/html/books/wall_street/index.html

WALL STREET AND
THE RISE OF HITLER
By
Antony C. Sutton

and another good book for McCain is:

http://www.biblegateway.com/

The Holy Bible
by
Various, inspired by God.

The parts of the bible I'd like Senator McCain to focus on in terms of Iraq, "Islamofascists" and pre-emptive was is:

Mat.5:28-42, Mat.5:39, 26:52, Rom.12:19, Mat.5:33-41, Mat.26:50-54, Lk.22:51, Rom.12:17-21, Lk.2:14, Jn.20:19,21,27, Rom.8:28-39, Jn.2:14-15, Mat.21:12-13, Eph 2:14, Mat.5:9, Rom.8:28-39, Ps.18:2-3, Ps.23:1,4

"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."

All Quotes from Albert Einstein

As a curious side note, Senator McCain: our president's grandad, Prescott Bush, was a large financier for Adolf Hitler.

Liberty Star
11-29-2007, 03:36 PM
News link below has video of it:

Debate Audience Boos McCain for Comparing Ron Paul's Anti-War Stance to Appeasing Hitler [VIDEO]

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/waroniraq/69210/

Ron Paul comes across as a leader while McCain repeats the same old same talking points.

lemnad
11-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Just read an article on front page of Yahoo that proclaimed McCain gave Paul a history lesson.

InterestedParticipant
11-29-2007, 04:05 PM
The neo-cons have been distorting reality since the 1970s, when they were spawned.
Umm, the Neocons are merely a new invention, a tool, to be used to attain a long term agenda. Reality distortion has been a fact of life since the beginning of history.

I'm fascinated that people on this forum believe anything they hear or see anymore, especially when it comes from such highly controlled sources as the government, news media (both corporate and "alternate"), and "elite" figureheads.

They own the tools that make up the system, do you really think they are going to use these tools for anything else other than to feather their own nest?

johnjen
11-29-2007, 04:20 PM
How long before Youtube videos show up highlighting this fact? 24 hours? :)

GorGor
11-29-2007, 08:00 PM
As such, Ron Paul's response doesn't really matter, and the attack won't hurt Ron Paul's credibility one bit.

I disagree. What I saw on my local FOX news this a.m. was disgusting. The played the entire side of McCains diatribe, but edited the crap out of RP's. It made him look like a doofus with the editing.

That whole deal may not hurt his credibility, but where the problem lies in my opinion is that people who aren't on board with RP, will see this stuff and be turned away from giving him a chance.

I see a lot on here and other RP communities that people say things that are true, but only in regards to people who know and are on board with RP.

The thing a lot of RP supporters need to remember in their strategies and thoughts is that we don't need to prove RP to us, but we need to make other people see the truth behind RP and his plans. So what may seem like no big deal to a Paulite, it very well may be a big deal in the long run.

RobS
11-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Even if Iraq is getting "better", I think the American people are sick of it. Almost 70% want a withdrawal A.S.A.P.

ChickenHawk
11-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Even if Iraq is getting "better", I think the American people are sick of it. Almost 70% want a withdrawal A.S.A.P.

I think that is true. Even though I supported the Iraq war I realize that mission we set out to do is pretty much accomplished. I don't think we need to be there any longer and should declare victory and start bring the troops home.

I found that I don't really disagree with Ron Paul much on foreign policy I just think that the Iraq war was not really a deviation from it.

I wonder how many of those 70% think that the war was the right thing but it should be over now. If it is a high percentage than the constant anti war theme of his campaign isn't going to help much. I think Ron Paul should be telling everyone that since we won the war it is time to come home. That is a much more positive message and wouldn't alienate pro war Republican as easily. The fact that he has always been against it wouldn't matter as much because whats done is done.