PDA

View Full Version : Random Political Poll 1A

LibertyCzar
06-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Okay, I've been tracking the news today, and I was wondering about the sort of opinions there for these things. So I have a poll. Please check all you agree with on this poll, or each item that you support. This is a private poll (it won't show what you've checked). But I'd like to know what you think. :D

LibertyCzar
06-26-2007, 09:14 AM
I think more people would vote on Saturday.

LibertyCzar
06-26-2007, 11:56 AM
If I add Option 8, None of the Above, will more people vote?

austinphish
06-26-2007, 12:18 PM
you need none of the above.

tsoldrin
06-26-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure why people would want to vote for the Speaker of the House, which is largely a ceremonial position. Because it's in line for the presidency? Whatever the unlikely circumstance that could take out both the Pres and Vice, it'd probably take out of most of congress as well.

It is noteworthy that the Speaker doesn't technically even need to be an elected Representative.

LibertyCzar
06-26-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure why people would want to vote for the Speaker of the House, which is largely a ceremonial position. Because it's in line for the presidency? Whatever the unlikely circumstance that could take out both the Pres and Vice, it'd probably take out of most of congress as well.

It is noteworthy that the Speaker doesn't technically even need to be an elected Representative.

The Speaker decides who leads various Committees, and has other procedural powers. Since it's a position outside the ordinary framework of House membership, it might be nice to have a separately elected Speaker.

Mesogen
06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
We've already got a privacy amendment.
The 4th.

LibertyCzar
06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Privacy is vaguely covered in the 4th Amendment. It deals more with searches and seizures. The Supreme Court has ruled that by taking the totality of the Constitution, Privacy is an implied Right, but undefined. What I am suggesting is an explicit definition of Privacy, and what is covered by the Amendment.

Such an Amendment would prevent intrusive governmental overreaching.