PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul talks to CNN 's John Roberts after debate

Revolutn
11-29-2007, 10:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smDEz9ovUao

He expresses CNN's ignoring him for 35 minutes and the overall unfairness of time given and other good nuggets.

Rev

ctb619
11-29-2007, 10:48 AM
What a scumbag. Why is it that every single interview on every single station ends with this mindless question about the third party run?

The Plan
11-29-2007, 10:50 AM
What a scumbag. Why is it that every single interview on every single station ends with this mindless question about the third party run?

It's a legitimate question really, but holy crap am i sick of hearing it.

ctb619
11-29-2007, 10:53 AM

There are many legitimate questions that aren't asked during every single interview. It just seems very calculated that they keep hammering him on this issue.

seapilot
11-29-2007, 10:53 AM
He should answer" No Im not going to run third party as long as the media isnt biased."

Midnight77
11-29-2007, 10:55 AM
I honestly think after watching that clip, that he may run third party if he doesn't get the nomination. You can tell from watching it that he isn't ruling it out completely. He keeps saying that he has "no intention" of running 3rd Party, but he will not come outright and say that he absolutely will not do it.

He's fighting for us and I think if the support is there, if he doesn't get the nomination, he may do it. God bless this man.

XelR8r
11-29-2007, 10:58 AM

Sure it's a legitimate question, but after it's been answered the exact same way a thousand times it becomes illegitimate.

Danny Molina
11-29-2007, 11:00 AM
And that godforsaken question was even asked DURING THE DEBATE. CNN really makes me angry.

ConstitutionGal
11-29-2007, 11:02 AM
I LOVED the 'In the UNLIKELY event that you don't get the nomination...". Is John just maybe finally starting to 'get it'?

MrCoffee
11-29-2007, 11:04 AM
I honestly think after watching that clip, that he may run third party if he doesn't get the nomination. You can tell from watching it that he isn't ruling it out completely. He keeps saying that he has "no intention" of running 3rd Party, but he will not come outright and say that he absolutely will not do it.

He's fighting for us and I think if the support is there, if he doesn't get the nomination, he may do it. God bless this man.

I agree. He's obviously not giving an absolute answer - and he's doing it for a reason.

Quick
11-29-2007, 11:04 AM
That wasn't all that bad. I like how he got to bash McCain a little bit. :)

Elwar
11-29-2007, 11:05 AM
He's always said "I have no intention".

Hillary Clinton probably said the same thing when she ran for Senate and promised not to run for president in 2008.

You just then have to turn around and say "Well, I had so many supporters that wanted me to run..."

Ron Paul is correct though...we do not live in a fair Democracy. We fight for it overseas while our own election system is horrible.

jgmaynard
11-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Where is the interview that I heard about here late last night where he had the shirt autographed by supporters and Rudy showed up and stuff? Why do you slackers not have it on YouTube yet? ;) :D

JM

JMann
11-29-2007, 11:26 AM
If Paul doesn't win the Republican nomination, a problem that I hope doesn't happen, I would suspect Paul would run as an Independent instead of third party.

Revolutn
11-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Where is the interview that I heard about here late last night where he had the shirt autographed by supporters and Rudy showed up and stuff? Why do you slackers not have it on YouTube yet? ;) :D

JM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8oJAm-06oQ

Finally!

ARRRGGGHHH The part with the T-Shirt!!! It gets CUT right when it happens, guy comes on stage with it in hand and it ends! ACK!

Need another version apparently.

Sey.Naci
11-29-2007, 11:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8oJAm-06oQ

Finally!
Sound quality is terrible. Is there a better version?

Revolutn
11-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Sound quality is terrible. Is there a better version?

I agree, it's not mine, just the only uploaded version I'm aware of as of this moment.

Hopefully a better one WITH the Tshirt will be up later.

As for the Independent candidacy thing I think at this point it's clear, that Ron Paul does not WANT to run as a 3rd party candidate, but is with holding guaranteeing he won't because of US.

Some here might not remember, but RP did NOT WANT to run originally.

Some very persuasive people pushed him along saying, please please we're in SO much trouble we need someone of your character in the race.

He agreed and has talked at at least 2 of the rallies I personally attended how he's been energized by the supporters .... hence..... he probably strongly suspects that IF he is not the nominee that WE, the people will cry out for him to PLEASE run as an independent - and he doesn't want to give the MSM a sound byte of him saying outright NO I won't run because even though he doesn't WANT to he knows in his heart that the people will all but demand it of him.

Rev

Arklatex
11-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes, I almost threw my remote when that question was asked tonight, jeez I thought the youtube format would be for questions THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ASKED A 1000 TIMES

wfd40
11-29-2007, 12:06 PM
That wasn't all that bad. I like how he got to bash McCain a little bit. :)

Not bad at all!

In fact, besides the silly '3rd party questions'... which Paul actually is starting to capitalize on... his answers are becoming more and more refined and 'perfected' with each new interview it would seem. :)

His tone is pitch-perfect.
His answered are 'above the fray' and utterly 'presidential'...

Long story short... He's been doing the dance for well over 7 months now and is now, really starting to find his stride.

:)

JosephTheLibertarian
11-29-2007, 12:10 PM
He should tell the interviewer to go fuck himself.. not classy, but would create headlines

richard1984
11-29-2007, 12:26 PM
I LOVED the 'In the UNLIKELY event that you don't get the nomination...". Is John just maybe finally starting to 'get it'?

Ha! Yeah, I was about to comment on that as well. I was expecting the same old trite, disrespectful, incredibly frustrating "since you won't win the Republican nomination, will you run as a 3rd party candidate?"
So the phrasing and the tone of the question is certainly a vast improvement over similar questions in the past. Honestly, they can ask that same damn question (and I'm sure they're usually just taking orders from the top when they do) all they want if the interviewer will phrase the question like that.

Bravo for recognizing that Ron Paul not winning the GOP nomination is unlikely!

The Good Doctor
11-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Fear baby. That is it. They are scared that he will run. They know the power of Paul. :D

Sure it's a legitimate question, but after it's been answered the exact same way a thousand times it becomes illegitimate.

PatriotG
11-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Very Much Agreed. And yes God Bless him!

Ive stated in other posts that I sense this mans humbleness, sincerity and love of country miles away

I know alot of RP supporters in this forum no longer care Dem or Rep.
We all pretty much have concluded that it doesnt matter anymore

Its all about Sovereign America vs. The Downfall Of the Republic.

Whatever RP does at this stage., Im behind him!

filmmaker58
11-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Politically, it would be a disaster for the republicans if Rp ran third party, but for the Clinton News Network, it would pretty much assure a Hillary white house. Maybe Dr. Paul is holding out as something to hold over the republican's heads. Either level the playing field, or I'll have no choice to run third party to not let all of his supporters down.