PDA

View Full Version : Anti Corporal Punishment Legislator: "None Of Your Damn Business!"

asgardshill
11-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Excerpted - see the whole story at:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1047705

Anti-spanking crusader wants his privacy

“None of your damn business.”

There it is in five, simple words - the motto of the Massachusetts liberal elites.

I first heard it yesterday, when I asked Rep. Jay Kaufman (D-Lexington) about legislation he filed banning corporal punishment. Kaufman - a “well-known voice for progressive policies and an outspoken leader,” according to his own Web site - bristled when I asked him if he spanked his own children.

“None of your damn business,” he replied angrily. He repeated. “It’s None. Of. Your. Damn. Business.”

Well, Jay, if it’s none of my damn business if you spank your kids, why do you want to make it the government’s business if I spank mine?

Why? Because he’s powerful, progressive legislator Jay Kaufman, and the rest of us are just dopey, taxpaying parents whose job is to do what we’re told.

Kaufman is right, of course, that it’s none of my business if he spanks his kids. Sadly, he’s not willing to extend that right to the average citizen, lobbying instead for some vague extension of state power into our homes as we decide if Johnny needs a swat on his fanny.

More "Do what I say, not what I do" from Massachusetts libs.