PDA

View Full Version : Post this "Press Release" anywhere you can!

tonyr1988
11-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Let's show the MSM that we can play their game just as well as they do. Here's a quickly-written up "press release" about McCain's comments during yesterday's debate.

Post this on your blog, digg it (don't digg this thread....digg it somewhere else :D), and put it anywhere else you can think of. There have been several times where stories that broke online were taken up by the MSM. We can do it again.

Decent idea? Terrible idea? Miserable failure?

Feel free to let me know what needs to be changed, or make changes when you re-post it.

McCain: America Caused WWII, Hitler's Rise to Power
29 November 2007

In the most recent 2008 Republican Presidential debate, hosted on November 28 by CNN, Presidential hopeful John McCain said that America was responsible for Hitler's rise to power and the World War that ensued. His statement was directed towards Texas Congressmen and Presidential candidate Ron Paul, when he said:

"Congressman Paul - I've heard him now in many debates, talking about bringing our troops home, and about the War in Iraq and how it's failed. I want to tell you that that kind of isolationism, sir, is what caused World War II. We allowed Hitler to come to power with that kind of attitude of isolationism."

The Arizona Senator's statement elicited a generally negative response from the audience members. Paul was quick to fire back:

"What John is saying is totally distorted. He doesn't even understand the difference between non-intervention and isolationism. I'm not an isolationist - I want to trade with people, talk with people, and travel, but I don't want to send our troops overseas using force to tell them how to live. We would object to it here, and they will object to us over there."

Representative Paul, a former obstetrician who has received more donations from military personnel than any other Republican candidate for two quarters in a row, has consistently advocated a humble foreign policy which emphasizes diplomacy and free trade, wanting to pull U.S. troops out of all foreign countries, especially Iraq. For most people, McCain's accusation is certainly questionable. Most historians point to other reasons, such as German attitudes towards the Treaty of Versailles and the Great Depression, for Hitler's rise to power and the subsequent world war.

McCain's attack on Ron Paul was just one of many among the candidates during the CNN/YouTube Debate, which saw the primary's first attack ad from Fred Thompson. McCain's intentions in going after Paul are in question. He was originally asked a question about the FairTax proposal, but quickly changed the topic to Paul's stance on the Iraq War.

Politics may have been the real motivation for McCain as Ron Paul has recently seen a surge in funds and poll numbers while McCain's campaign has continued to falter. In several early primary states, such as Nevada and Iowa, Ron Paul has pulled close to, or ahead of, McCain. Most notably, Paul's begun to challenge McCain in New Hampshire, a state McCain carried in the 2000 primary. A recent Suffolk/WHDH poll shows Paul only 5 points away from McCain. Most importantly is Ron Paul's support among independents in the state. With 27% support among independents according to a CNN/WMUR poll, Ron Paul is only behind Giuliani for the independent vote in a state where 50% of voters are independents. Since McCain has made winning New Hampshire crucial to his primary strategy, Ron Paul's gains pose a serious threat to the McCain campaign strategy.

sirachman
11-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Print this out at Kinko's and spread it around your neighborhood!

ITS CHEAP!

Hurricane Bruiser
11-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Very nice

sstarch1
11-29-2007, 10:33 AM
A little too much paul and not enough McCain.

mmink15
11-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Its on my myspace page now

tonyr1988
11-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Can we get some linkage? I'll gladly make a list of everywhere it's posted, if you want.

Talldude1412
11-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Let's show the MSM that we can play their game just as well as they do. Here's a quickly-written up "press release" about McCain's comments during yesterday's debate.

Post this on your blog, digg it (don't digg this thread....digg it somewhere else :D), and put it anywhere else you can think of. There have been several times where stories that broke online were taken up by the MSM. We can do it again.

Feel free to let me know what needs to be changed, or make changes when you re-post it.

Yea, this is true enough. McCain was clearly looking to get some of his major points a crossed, last night, and if you support the Iraq War the only target on the stage is Dr. Paul. I don't blame him for sidetracking, we all know how skewed that debate was, I think MCcain realized that his only chance last night to get some votes was to openly challenge Dr. Paul. I don't blame him for it, MCcain is a very virtuous politician, and a real American war hero, he's just not looking at the bigger picture outside of what the Iraq war symbolizes. He wants to make the Iraq war a check mark in the win column for the US, for national morale, inspite of its costs for our nation. He's just overlooking the broader picture of how it pretty much epitomizes our current failure at combating the terrorists responsible for 9/11.

tonyTheBest
11-29-2007, 10:42 AM
The following article is very good:

Ron Paul vs Insanity
After watching Ron Paul in the last debate, it should become much more self-evident that Ron Paul is the last sane man in the GOP. In particular, I liked the exchanges between John McCain and Ron Paul, and then Tom Tancredo and Ron Paul.

Apparently, the simple logic behind Ron Paul's argument against non-intervention is way over-the-heads of the other candidates. Whether or not the U.S. wins every battle in Iraq really is inconsequential in terms how successful the geopolitical agenda is. For those who didn't pay careful attention to what I just wrote, I wasn't diminishing the consequences in terms of blood and treasure. What I am saying is that the U.S. can win every battle, but still not achieve military victory.

Unfortunately for Senator McCain, he must not be aware that this is an occupation. It is fairly hard to win an occupation. It is the occupation itself that fuels the insurgency, and no matter how many battles the U.S. wins, as long as the battles never end, military victory will be elusive.

There is yet another fallacy in McCain's thinking: Conflating a military victory with success. In other words, even if the U.S. were to achieve a military victory, what do We-the-People win?

Today, we are less free than ever before. We have less economic opportunity than ever before. These are corollaries of being on a perpetual war footing. The natural consequence of empire is destruction of liberty and wealth.

Furthermore, in response to John McCain sounding off about the troops, I can think of no position friendlier to the troops than to bring them home immediately. When veterans are as under-served as they are, the last thing we should be doing is creating even more disabled veterans. Every day the war continues, there will be more disabled veterans, making it that much less likely that any one of them will get the help they need.

Tom Tancredo's point about the terrorists who wish to kill us was misplaced, and does nothing to show that Ron Paul is wrong. That there are people throughout the world who wish to kill Americans has never been in dispute. But this is the wrong answer to the two questions that need to be answered.

Why does this threat exist? If it is due to a lack of intervention abroad, then why isn't every other country throughout the world at war for the same reason? Burkina Faso doesn't have a huge security-industrial complex, nor does she have troops all over the globe, yet her fate isn't imperiled. Seriously. Pursuant to neoconservative orthodoxy, non-intervention itself creates the conditions for intervention, which means every country not at war should be at war.

What is the most efficient way to deal with the threat? How does invading and occupying foreign territory do anything to curtail the threat of asymmetrical warfare, i.e., terrorism? That there are terrorists across the globe does not excuse the occupation of Iraq, nor does it make Iraq a mission worth finishing. Tancredo's point was a non-sequitur.

Out of all of the Republican candidates, only Ron Paul answers the above two questions with sense. Ron Paul is the cure to the insanity.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=44163

jgmaynard
11-29-2007, 10:47 AM
On the first article: It's good but it sounds too "Pro-Paul."

I'd say remove the "Of course," and change the "People's minds" and "Most people['s]" to "Some people say..." and such. A press release is supposed to be news, not opinion. You just have to learn to make your opinion sound like news. :)

JM

tonyr1988
11-29-2007, 11:16 AM
On the first article: It's good but it sounds too "Pro-Paul."

I'd say remove the "Of course," and change the "People's minds" and "Most people['s]" to "Some people say..." and such. A press release is supposed to be news, not opinion. You just have to learn to make your opinion sound like news. :)

JM

Agreed, and fixed. Anything else blatantly bias? :)

Hurricane Bruiser
11-29-2007, 11:30 AM
http://victorzill.newsvine.com/_news/2007/11/29/1130354-mccain-claims-america-caused-wwii

Posted on my news site.

JMann
11-29-2007, 11:39 AM
I would start to doze off every time McCain would talk. He was by far the least inspiring of the candidates. Excluding Paul I thought Thompson had a few good moments and the Huckster seemed very Clintonesque especially when talking about the Bible. Looked like he had given that sermon before. Rudy and Willard were awful.

Naraku
11-29-2007, 11:48 AM
I suggest an explicit mention of Ron Paul's surge in New Hampshire. McCain has spent a lot of energy in New Hampshire and the moment that comment came up I thought, "Seems like McCain is going after Ron Paul because he's threatening him in New Hampshire.

McCain carried that state last time around, and he would definitely be worried about Ron Paul's surging there.

literatim
11-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Did you submit this to actual press release agencies? If not, hook up with an organization (or make one up) and submit it. If some cost a bit of money it would be worth it!

http://www.marketwire.com/

Naraku
11-29-2007, 12:30 PM
I think the release needs a little amending:

McCain: America Allowed Hitler's Rise to Power, Caused WWII
29 November 2007

In the most recent 2008 Republican Presidential debate, hosted on November 28 by CNN, Presidential hopeful John McCain said that America was responsible for Hitler's rise to power and the World War that ensued. His statement was directed towards Texas Congressmen and Presidential candidate Ron Paul, when he said:

"Congressman Paul - I've heard him now in many debates, talking about bringing our troops home, and about the War in Iraq and how it's failed. I want to tell you that that kind of isolationism, sir, is what caused World War II. We allowed Hitler to come to power with that kind of attitude of isolationism."

The Arizona Senator's statement elicited a generally negative response from the audience members. Paul was quick to fire back:

"What John is saying is totally distorted. He doesn't even understand the difference between non-intervention and isolationism. I'm not an isolationist - I want to trade with people, talk with people, and travel, but I don't want to send our troops overseas using force to tell them how to live. We would object to it here, and they will object to us over there."

Representative Paul, a former obstetrician who has received more donations from military personnel than any other Republican candidate for two quarters in a row, has consistently advocated a humble foreign policy which emphasizes diplomacy and free trade, wanting to pull U.S. troops out of all foreign countries, especially Iraq. From a historical perspective, McCain's accusation is certainly questionable. Most historians point to other reasons, such as German attitudes towards the Treaty of Versailles and the Great Depression, for Hitler's rise to power and the subsequent world war.

McCain's attack on Ron Paul was just one of many among the candidates during the CNN/YouTube Debate which saw the primary's first attack ad from the Thompson McCain. McCaing's intentions in going after Paul are in question. He was originally asked a question about the FairTax proposal, but quickly changed the topic to Paul's stance on the Iraq War.

Politics may have been the real motivation for McCain as Ron Paul has recently seen a surge in funds and the polls while McCain's campaign has continued to falter. Ron Paul has pulled up to McCain or ahead in several early primary states such as Nevada and Iowa. Most notably Paul's begun to challenge McCain in New Hampshire, a state McCain carried in the 2000 primary with a recent Suffolk/WHDH poll showing Paul only 5 points away from McCain. Most importantly is Ron Paul's support among independents in the state. With 27% support among independents according to a CNN/WMUR poll Ron Paul is only behind Giuliani for the independent vote in a state where 50% of voters are independents. Since McCain has made winning New Hampshire crucial to his primary strategy Ron Paul's gains in the state along with his his devoted base likely to generate high turnout pose a serious threat to the McCain campaign strategy.

tonyr1988
11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
I think the release needs a little amending:

I like the changes. I made a few adjustments (mainly grammatical) and incorporated them into the original post.

Naraku
11-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I just realize a slight problem with the flow of the article:

McCain: America Allowed Hitler's Rise to Power, Caused WWII
29 November 2007

McCain's attack on Ron Paul was just one of many among the candidates during the CNN/YouTube Debate which saw the primary's first attack ad from the Thompson campaign. The Arizona Senator's statement elicited a generally negative response from the audience members and prompted Paul to fire back:

Representative Paul, a former obstetrician who has received more donations from military personnel than any other Republican candidate for two quarters in a row, has consistently advocated a humble foreign policy which emphasizes diplomacy and free trade, wanting to pull U.S. troops out of all foreign countries, especially Iraq. From a historical perspective, McCain's accusation is certainly questionable. Most historians point to other reasons, such as German attitudes towards the Treaty of Versailles and the Great Depression, for Hitler's rise to power and the subsequent world war.

McCain's intentions in going after Paul are in question. He was originally asked a question about the FairTax proposal, but quickly changed the topic to Paul's stance on the Iraq War.

Politics may have been the real motivation for McCain as Ron Paul has recently seen a surge in funds and the polls while McCain's campaign has continued to falter. Ron Paul has pulled up to McCain or ahead in several early primary states such as Nevada and Iowa. Most notably Paul's begun to challenge McCain in New Hampshire, a state McCain carried in the 2000 primary with a recent Suffolk/WHDH poll showing Paul only 5 points away from McCain. Most importantly is Ron Paul's support among independents in the state. With 27% support among independents according to a CNN/WMUR poll Ron Paul is only behind Giuliani for the independent vote in a state where 50% of voters are independents. Since McCain has made winning New Hampshire crucial to his primary strategy Ron Paul's gains in the state along with his his devoted base likely to generate high turnout pose a serious threat to the McCain campaign strategy.

JimDude
11-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Very nice

your not bad yourself.

JeffersonThomas
11-29-2007, 04:50 PM
bump

ronpaul.in
11-29-2007, 04:53 PM
added to http://ronpaul.in/