PDA

View Full Version : CNN Post-Debate Transcripts

JAYCEE
11-29-2007, 09:25 AM
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0711/28/acd.01.html

Here are some low-lights:

MCCAIN: We allowed Hitler to come to power with that kind of attitude of isolationism and appeasement.

(AUDIENCE BOOING)

MCCAIN: And I want to tell you something, sir. I just -- I just finished having Thanksgiving with the troops, and their message to you is -- the message of these brave men and women who are serving over there is, "Let us win. Let us..."

(APPLAUSE)

(CROSSTALK)

MCCAIN: That's what they want.

REP. RON PAUL (R-TX), PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: What John is saying is just totally distorted. He doesn't even understand the difference between non- intervention and isolationism.

I am talking isolationism -- isolationist. I want to trade with people, talk with people, travel. But I don't want to send...

COOPER: Time is up, and we're going to talk about this later.

PAUL: ... our troops overseas using force to tell them how to live. We would object to it here and they're going to object to us over there.

(CHEERING AND APPLAUSE)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

COOPER: Campbell Brown, your thoughts on this exchange?

CAMPBELL BROWN, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Well, I think, Anderson, that McCain used that exchange very effectively.

I mean, Ron Paul is essentially where Democrats are on the war. And McCain used him, in a way, as a foil on this to -- to show how he would go after Democrats if he gets the nomination. And I think he did it pretty effectively, making his case for a strong military and an interventionist foreign policy.

Cambell Brown is soooo stupid.

COOPER: Jeffrey, who do you think had a good night?

TOOBIN: Well, you know, I think Mike Huckabee is clearly the best debater in this group. I mean, he is someone who is very charming and funny and articulate.

But, you know, if he's going to be a serious candidate, he's going to have to start answering serious questions, like calling for the abolition of the Internal Revenue Service. Well, no one likes to pay taxes. But I mean, what serious person thinks you can get rid of the Internal Revenue Service? What's the government going to make its money on?

I mean, just -- you know, that's -- I think if you want to be a serious candidate, I think you've got to say serious things. And you can't sound like Ron Paul, who is still on national television, talking about a trans-international highway that some secret forces are planning between Mexico and Canada, that is a figment of his imagination.

I mean, I think, you know, people need to address the facts of what they say. And Huckabee's got to explain what he -- what he means to do by getting rid of the IRS.

Toobin's hate-crazed ravings were way over the line. This bonehead shouldn't even be working in CNN's mailroom. How is a "legal analyst" qualified to comment on a presidential debate?

911cartoon
11-29-2007, 09:52 AM
HEY they made an error

on the commercial the transcript says : "There is something going on here in America and it stinks. It really stinks"

but in the commercial he says "It's big. It's really big"

leipo
11-29-2007, 10:45 AM
HEY they made an error

on the commercial the transcript says : "There is something going on here in America and it stinks. It really stinks"

but in the commercial he says "It's big. It's really big"

I could not find this. Is this for real?