PDA

View Full Version : Free Market: Cheerios to Go GMO-Free

FrankRep
01-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Original Cheerios to Go GMO-Free
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=21406292

Jan. 2, 2014

General Mills says some Cheerios made without genetically modified ingredients will start appearing on shelves soon.

The Minneapolis-based company said Thursday that it has been manufacturing its original-flavor Cheerios without GMOs for the past several weeks in response to consumer demand. It did not specify exactly when those boxes would be on sale.

http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/images/446.jpg

There's no need for Big Government to protect us from GMO and no need for mandatory labeling.

Natural Citizen
01-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Bullshit, Frank. We absolutely need labeling. I want to know what is in my food. These biotechnology corporations certainly won't ever fess up. Trade secret...or something along those lines.

FrankRep
01-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Bullshit, Frank. We absolutely need labeling.

Non-GMO is a label.

asurfaholic
01-03-2014, 05:24 PM
I like Cheerios. Especially at night

Natural Citizen
01-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Non-GMO is a label.

Oh. Big Government forcing a label. I see what you did now. Sorry, Frank.

My biggest concern with all of this skullduggery from these multi-national biotech companies like Monsanto and others less discussed is that the people defending the tinkering of the human genome to a proprietary state won't be here to answer to their grandchildren why they're paying these multinationals royalties to justify their very existence. And that's where we're headed.

Cripes, we just saw the constitution basically erased by companies writing healthcare legislation and then the government making it law...legitimized by a "Terms of Service" agreement. This is corporate repatriation live and in living color. Healthcare terms of service (legislation in this case) runs abreast with what is happening with these genetically modified organisms being introduced to the human species natural structure as well. We just haven't got that far into the discussion in this neck of the woods yet because consumption based market science trumps the terms of daily controversy instead of the physical sciences and effects on the natural species. Of course, we see the same biotech companies placing a stake in Big Pharma too. This is a very big deal. It's bigger than labels. Much bigger.

FrankRep
01-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Oh. Big Government forcing a label. I see what you did now. Sorry, Frank.

Yes, "mandatory labeling" would be government enforced labeling.