PDA

View Full Version : New Poll - "Testing the Waters"

AZ Libertarian
06-25-2007, 08:30 PM
I created this poll for one of my Yahoo! Groups - I'd like to get this Group's opinion also:

"What do you feel are Ron Paul's chances to get the Republican Nomination for President?"

mdh
06-25-2007, 08:32 PM
100%. Duh.

Anyone who says otherwise is a terrorist. :)

remaxjon
06-25-2007, 08:32 PM
same as vegas 7-1

CJLauderdale4
06-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Too early...
At this point, anything can happen, and in many Presidential campaigns at this point, many crazy things have happened..

I think it's 50-50 either way, especially with the growing RP support, uniqueness of Ron's position on the War on Terror, and Ron's message of liberty that is ringing in the minds of the young people (who usually don't vote).

We'll see...

LibertyCzar
06-25-2007, 09:44 PM
It depends on whether the Neocon wing or the Conservative wing wins the day with the Republican Party.

Zydeco
06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
better than 50%

dspectre
06-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Can I be honest with you guys?

I think unless there is something REALLY dirty done, and I mean REALLY dirty, I think it is really up to us for him to win(or just plain bad luck). It's our game to lose or win, all the candidates out there are hollow(except RP of course), and thanks to the internet, the MSM is slowly losing it's grip.

If We the People can get his message out there and raise a ton of money, I think we will win.

tsoldrin
06-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Honestly?

I'd hate to sink the morale.

Seriously... I see it coming down to the three-way race for the nomination... Paul, Giuliani and Thompson (Fred).

Lots of twists and turns can happen there. Obviously Giuliani can't win, but if he quits and endorses Fred then we're in trouble. If he stays in, the neocon vote is diluted and we're sitting pretty. If it doesn't even get that far and Fred or Giuliani gets knocked out early (soon), then it's a win hands down, but some upstarts will contend and have to be dealt with.

Was someone thinking McAmnesty and Romney? Please. Think about the base. It's the nomination and those are general election candidates at best. Neither has any chance, regardless of money.

The real problem is, we're dealing with a HUGE unknown. The GOP has been hemoraging voters since Bush and his neocon pals took office... will they come back? Will the independents (which is the largest voting bloc) support us? Will NEW and previously disenfranchised voters get excited enough to both register and vote? Will the delegates even accept a Ron Paul win?

So many questions. Most of them will remain unknown until polling time. I say hope for the best... nobody else outside the mainstream thinking has even come this far and that's a damn good sign. Another one is... we're still growing and I've yet to see even a slow down to that!

Shmuel Spade
06-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Somewhere between "looking good" and "so-so."

amonasro
06-26-2007, 12:05 AM
We'll get another glimpse when Thompson announces on July 4th. There is speculation as to whether he will sink or swim. If he swims, it will be a big hurdle for RP.

austin356
06-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Good, so long as a nuke does not go off. And if that happens......... well I am gonna get my passport stamped anyways.