PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Texas drivers license - [form of National ID?]

chris0147
01-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum, I would like to get a help with my Texas driver license. I have a Texas driver license and I understand that dd means audit number, but I just curious what those 20 digits code stands for?

And do you know what is the 6 digits code on the mugshot actually stands for?

Thanks in advance.

CaseyJones
01-02-2014, 10:55 AM
moved to General Politics

Pericles
01-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum, I would like to get a help with my Texas driver license. I have a Texas driver license and I understand that dd means audit number, but I just curious what those 20 digits code stands for?

And do you know what is the 6 digits code on the mugshot actually stands for?

Thanks in advance.

Also theme of the day on ARFCOM

The audit number is used by the DPS database to determine if your particular ID is valid. Example:

You get your DL on 1/1/2014, expiration date of 1/1/2020, DL# 1234, Audit# of 9876.

On 2/2/2014 you move, and online you update your address on your license to a new license. You get a new license in the mail. Expiration date of 1/1/2020, DL# 1234, Audit# of 7384.

At this point you are in possession of 2 "valid" ID's, same DL# same expiration date. DPS can run the audit numbers to see which one is valid. This will prevent you from selling your old ID to a kid for use to buy beer.

Some of the newer bars have DL scanners that scan the mag strips on the ID. This scan checks two things, is the individual 21y old; and is the ID a valid ID via an audit number check.

The number on your mugshot is your birthdate - easy way to check if the photo belongs with the ID

DamianTV
01-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Its a form of National ID. I live in a different state, but Im sure that your Social Security Number is embedded somewhere on your ID. Not sure about RFID Chips in Texas Licenses, but Im pretty sure California has em.

Oh, and if your name is printed in ALL CAPS, its a form of Capitis Diminuto Maxima, the corporate version of you that has No Rights, only permissions. Unfortunately, it most likely wont ever hold up in a court of Law.

chris0147
01-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Thank you for the info guys which it much appreciated. That is the answer of what I'm looking for.

Cheers!!!