PDA

View Full Version : Iraq war vet makes Colorado's first pot purchase

CaseyJones
01-01-2014, 10:29 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/01/colorado-pot-shops/4275267/

The new year got a little happier for pot smokers in Colorado on Wednesday when retail marijuana outlets began selling marijuana for recreational use.

"Marijuana does not have to be a burden to our communities," said Betty Aldworth, deputy director of the National Cannabis Industry Association. "Today in Colorado we shift marijuana from the underground into a regulated market."

The first sale, orchestrated as a media photo opportunity, was made to Sean Azzariti, an Iraq War veteran who has publicly lobbied for legalization and says pot helps mitigate problems stemming from his post-traumatic stress disorder. Azzariti spent about $60 at 3D Cannabis Center for an eighth of an ounce "Bubba Kush" and a pot-laden truffle.

"Thanks so much," he said to the cashier.

opal
01-01-2014, 10:36 AM
ok.. my age is showing again but man.. I remember 90 buck pounds.. whole pounds.. an eighth of an ounce? holy shit

thoughtomator
01-01-2014, 10:41 AM
You can still get $90 pounds, if you really want dirtweed - this is high-quality medical he's getting.

I find it interesting that Colorado basically accepted the street price as their market price, so they're claiming the same amount in taxes that dealers were asking to compensate for the risk of getting busted.