PDA

View Full Version : NSA Locks San Antonio Residents Out!

Carson
01-01-2014, 10:26 AM
I saw this one over on the Daily Paul.

http://www.dailypaul.com/309025/nsa-locks-san-antonio-residents-out-san-antonio-texas-residents-were-unable-to-access-garages-via-garage-door-openers

"According to a report from the Municipal Government of San Antonio Texas, city residents were unable to access garages via garage door openers for hours. The NSA was forced to admit it was running a sweeping “spying” frequency from the NSA’s radio antennas that were broadcasting at the same frequency as the garage door openers."

http://guerillamedianetwork.com/nsa-locks-san-antonio-residence-out/

Some of us are still hung up wondering, what, if anything is in Fort Knox and who's is it. Stand way back and reconsider; is their anything you still control.

FrankRep
01-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Here's the actual article from Spiegel.de.

Inside TAO: Documents Reveal Top NSA Hacking Unit (http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/the-nsa-uses-powerful-toolbox-in-effort-to-spy-on-global-networks-a-940969.html)

The NSA's TAO hacking unit is considered to be the intelligence agency's top secret weapon. It maintains its own covert network, infiltrates computers around the world and even intercepts shipping deliveries to plant back doors in electronics ordered by those it is targeting.

Spiegel.de
December 29, 2013

In January 2010, numerous homeowners in San Antonio, Texas, stood baffled in front of their closed garage doors. They wanted to drive to work or head off to do their grocery shopping, but their garage door openers had gone dead, leaving them stranded. No matter how many times they pressed the buttons, the doors didn't budge. The problem primarily affected residents in the western part of the city, around Military Drive and the interstate highway known as Loop 410.

In the United States, a country of cars and commuters, the mysterious garage door problem quickly became an issue for local politicians. Ultimately, the municipal government solved the riddle. Fault for the error lay with the United States' foreign intelligence service, the National Security Agency, which has offices in San Antonio. Officials at the agency were forced to admit that one of the NSA's radio antennas was broadcasting at the same frequency as the garage door openers. Embarrassed officials at the intelligence agency promised to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and soon the doors began opening again.

It was thanks to the garage door opener episode that Texans learned just how far the NSA's work had encroached upon their daily lives. For quite some time now, the intelligence agency has maintained a branch with around 2,000 employees at Lackland Air Force Base, also in San Antonio. In 2005, the agency took over a former Sony computer chip plant in the western part of the city. A brisk pace of construction commenced inside this enormous compound. The acquisition of the former chip factory at Sony Place was part of a massive expansion the agency began after the events of Sept. 11, 2001.

Other sources:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2013/12/29/inside_tao_documents_reveal_top_nsa_hacking_unit_3 22646.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/12/30/the-switchboard-inside-the-nsas-elite-hacking-unit/

HOLLYWOOD
01-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Class Action Lawsuit... Sue the shit out of the 'Stasi State' Get them as much bad publicity, as for as long as possible.

Incredible, no cost is too much for the NSA Borg with centers across the globe, all at your US taxpayer's expense and inflation taxes.

angelatc
01-01-2014, 11:08 AM
In January 2010, numerous homeowners in San Antonio, Texas, stood baffled in front of their closed garage doors. They wanted to drive to work or head off to do their grocery shopping, but their garage door openers had gone dead, leaving them stranded. No matter how many times they pressed the buttons, the doors didn't budge.

You know, if it's really what happened, that's sort of sad. Nobody knows how to manually lift their garage door?

Dr.3D
01-01-2014, 11:12 AM
You know, if it's really what happened, that's sort of sad. Nobody knows how to manually lift their garage door?

Our garage door has two separate ways to run the motor. The RF controls and a hard wire that runs out to the garage with a push button in the house.
I don't understand why anybody would rely on just the radio controls units.

HOLLYWOOD
01-01-2014, 11:21 AM
FCC clear the NSA's transmission of frequencies and power levels in the San Antonio metro area? Or is this more of; JUST-US immunity, states secrets, & national security bullshit?

Carson
01-01-2014, 05:09 PM
"In January 2010,"

Oops. I thought this sounded like an old story.

Way in the back of my mind I'm picturing a story of car hole doors mysteriously opening. ???

aGameOfThrones
01-01-2014, 05:35 PM
It's for your safety. Love it or leave it!

Occam's Banana
01-01-2014, 05:39 PM
It's for your safety. Love it or leave it!

But how'm I supposed to leave it if I can't get my garage door open?

jmdrake
01-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Our garage door has two separate ways to run the motor. The RF controls and a hard wire that runs out to the garage with a push button in the house.

Yeah. Or just use the emergency cord lift. Seriously, what happens to these people when the power goes off?

mwkaufman
01-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Yeah. Or just use the emergency cord lift. Seriously, what happens to these people when the power goes off?

It's pretty silly to blame the people that were intruded upon. If some gadget I owned stopped working I would spend some time investigating also. If someone willfully continues to do what the NSA was doing and prevents people from using their property they should be held responsible.

angelatc
01-01-2014, 07:09 PM

There's also a thingy to disable the opener, so you can get out if it fails for any reason. Like, a power outage or a mechanical failure.

angelatc
01-01-2014, 07:11 PM

We will look like rocket scientists as we stroll around our neighborhoods, freeing cars from their prisons.

angelatc
01-01-2014, 07:12 PM
It's pretty silly to blame the people that were intruded upon. If some gadget I owned stopped working I would spend some time investigating also. If someone willfully continues to do what the NSA was doing and prevents people from using their property they should be held responsible.

Nobody is saying that the reason for the failure should not be investigated. What we are saying is that if these people really all stared helplessly at their garage door, the NSA isn't our biggest problem.

jmdrake
01-01-2014, 07:17 PM

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm all against the NSA. But if you don't know how to open your garage manually and your power goes out what do you do?

JK/SEA
01-01-2014, 07:42 PM
just go full throttle in reverse blowing the garage door open sending debris across the neighborhood, and send the bill to Peter King.

fuck this shit.

Henry Rogue
01-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Nobody is saying that the reason for the failure should not be investigated. What we are saying is that if these people really all stared helplessly at their garage door, the NSA isn't our biggest problem.

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm all against the NSA. But if you don't know how to open your garage manually and your power goes out what do you do?I had to laugh when i read that OP. I'm not making light of what the NSA is doing, but people, develop a little mechanical aptitude.

pcosmar
01-01-2014, 08:27 PM

Just look at the panic anytime there is a power failure..

People rely on the convinces,,and are lost without them. Self reliance is not generally encouraged.

FindLiberty
01-01-2014, 08:31 PM
But how'm I supposed to leave it if I can't get my garage door open?

Make sure all the doors are closed up "'air-tight" and then just start the engine... :eek: (javascript:void(0))

Reason
01-01-2014, 10:31 PM

My thoughts exactly...