PDA

View Full Version : Inside The Debate And Post Debate:

po14015
11-29-2007, 08:57 AM
What a great night!!!!!

During the day there was 4 locations. (Check RonPaulDebate.com to see locations). One was a Straw Poll which was $20 for Ron Paul Patriots, but free to the other campaigns. They won't say that, but I saw enough tickets handed out of the last few weeks to know the truth. The REC was passing them out like candy to anyone who they thought wouldn't vote for Ron Paul. And when that didn't work, they let people vote as many times as they could. So people had stacks of votes. Scam.

Well, the Ron Paul Trolley and Ron Paul Bus went great to move the people from spot to spot.

Inside the Debate:
Like many I was expecting a FOX environment. But after the first questions when the audience BOOed Ghoully, all of us Ron Paul Patriots knew that we could have an impact on the audience. At one point, Anderson Cooper had to acknowledge us when McCain was talking "Please let him finish." :-) It didn't hurt that several of us were very close (My first seats were in the 6th row, but got moved back 12 rows for some other people.)

BUT the best part was that the theater was only 80% full. The RECs did everything they could not to have Ron Paul Patriots inside. But in the last 3-4 days, they had to open it up or it would have been half empty. From the stage looking out, look at the seats on the right. You can see whole blocks of empty chairs if you look closely. The middle balcony was even worse. It was lucky to be half full. If people can get the audience shots, please post so the truth be known.

To give you an idea:
The Republican Party with us at their event had 1100-1200 people.
The Ron Paul Rally had 700-800 people cheering at it.

After our rally I went to get free food at the after hours GOP event for guests of the Debate. And guess who everyone inside was talking about :-) Of course, they were laughing and making jokes about us. I was blunt and to the point. The first words out of my mouth was "WOW, Ron Paul did a great job tonight." I just came from an event with over 700 Ron Paul Patriots. And their smiles quickly disappeared to a look of confusion when they had to explain why they wanted BIG government as Republicans. The crowd was very small and were their just to network. The best part of this lame after hours was that every waiter will be going home to GOOGLE Ron Paul. Many were independents and green, and couldn't stand the ego maniacs in that room.

WE ARE NOW MORE ORGANIZED AND GROWING EVERYDAY. WE ARE TAKING BACK OUR COUNTRY!!!

ctb619
11-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Great report

cameronb
11-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Ditto. Thanks for filling the rest of us in. So exciting that we're consistently getting turnouts in the hundreds and hundreds... all over the place.

AlabamaWildMan
11-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Has anyone seen any photos from the inside yet ??

po14015
11-29-2007, 10:13 AM
We had three Professional Video Crews inside and the Theater's video.

The film from this should be perfect to edit down to 30 secs for a TV ad.

That was our goal :-)

Curt

Wyle
11-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Nice report.

foofighter20x
11-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Please tell me you told all those waiters about TAX FREE TIPS!!! :D

wsc321
11-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Of course, they were laughing and making jokes about us. I was blunt and to the point. The first words out of my mouth was "WOW, Ron Paul did a great job tonight." ...The best part of this lame after hours was that every waiter will be going home to GOOGLE Ron Paul. Many were independents and green, and couldn't stand the ego maniacs in that room.

WE ARE NOW MORE ORGANIZED AND GROWING EVERYDAY. WE ARE TAKING BACK OUR COUNTRY!!!

Excellent - thank you for your strong support of Ron Paul. Way to go! Proud of you!