PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Evaluation: Tho Bishop (State House, FL-6)

Bryan
12-31-2013, 04:39 PM
This thread is intended to be a collection point of the strong pros and cons of any potential liberty candidate / campaign that is being discussed / promoted on the forum. You are welcome to post both positive and not-so-positive attributes about the candidate as they related to their position on supporting liberty as well as issues relating to their campaign. The most important information may be aggregated in this top post for easy reference.

Candidate Name: Tho Bishop
Office Sought: Florida State House, 6th district
Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/ThoBishopFL
https://twitter.com/ThoBishopFL

Candidate Profile: On the Issues
Civil Liberties: [Rating TBD]
Constitutional Issues: [Rating TBD]
Economic Issues: [Rating TBD]
Foreign Policy: [Rating TBD]
Social Issues: [Rating TBD]
Overall Issues Rating: [Rating TBD]

Race Profile: Competition & Demographics
State: Florida
District: 6th
Incumbent:
Other Primary Candidates:
Non-Incumbent Candidates from Other Parties:
Relevant poll numbers: None.
Overall Race Profile Rating: [Rating TBD]

Miscellaneous Pros/Cons
Key strong points:

Unknown points for further research:

Possible weak points:

Possible deal breakers:

Overall Rating:

Rocco
12-31-2013, 10:19 PM
I truly believe that Tho is one of the rising stars of our movement, and if we can help him in this heavily split primary we can end up in a good position to have a bona fide liberty candidate run for senate or even governor of Florida down the line. Tho worked as the deputy communications director for the U.S. House Financial Services Committee, adding an important libertarian voice to the DC beltway in that time. Tho has four primary opponents after the retirement of the current state representative, with the primary winner guaranteed the spot in this deep red district. Tho is very much committed to the principles of Austrian economics, even writing for Mises.org in the past. He studied Austrian Economics at the Ludwig Von Mises Institute, and adheres to a strict pro liberty platform.

Tho is planning on introducing three pieces of legislation upon his entry into the Florida state house. 1. Is a Florida version of the Texas abortion bill. 2. Is a Florida gold tender bill. 3. Is a Constitutional amendment to allow the State to recall serving Senators. After this, introducing the REINS Act to Florida will become one of his primary objectives. Tho has a real policy plan that will both help his state and create a buzz around him and the Florida liberty movement in general.

Tho has a truly rare mixture of deep knowledge and commitment to our principles combined with the political aptitude and knowledge of having worked in DC, and I consider him a major rising star in our movement. He's one of the most impressive candidates we have on any level. I think it is ESSENTIAL that we get on board, and I will be shortly sending Tho money and volunteering to help him with social media. Someday we will look back at this race and every dollar we spent will look like pennies in comparison to the value we will get. I give Tho 6 stars out of 5.

compromise
04-30-2014, 03:23 AM
Bump - double thread