PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Christmas Card Bomb

ladyliberty
11-29-2007, 08:42 AM
I know I know we have been having bomb after bomb....

Ron Paul needs to know that we truly do believe in him! He is only human after all, and I am sure that this campaign is wearing him out and getting him down - it is hard not to get discouraged when he is the brunt of sooooo much negativity.

Yes, I plan to donate to the campaign.

However, I have just also added Dr. Paul and his family to my Christmas Card list too - I wanted to send him some words of encouragement to get him through this very stressful time of year. I thought there might be some others who feel the same way. U want to create a sort of "Miracle on 34th Street Moment" for him? I know it is king of corny and cheesy to believe that such a thing might lift his spirits, but I do think he needs it right now!

We don't need a whole website and stuff for this - just an ink pen, a Christmas Card w. envelop and a stamp. If you don't believe in Christmas just write him a note to let him know that you believe in Ron Paul!

Here is his address as posted on his congressional website:

Washington, DC:
203 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515

Lake Jackson, Texas:
122 West Way, Suite 301
Lake Jackson, TX 77566

Galveston, Texas:
601 25th Street, Suite 216
Galveston, TX 77550

Victoria, Texas:
1501 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 229
Victoria, TX 77904

jpinkerton
11-29-2007, 09:03 AM
I like this idea, what day should we all mail them out on? maybe December 12-December 14th be mailing them so that he can have them for the TeaParty? :)

hillertexas
11-29-2007, 09:04 AM
I like this idea, what day should we all mail them out on? maybe December 12-December 14th be mailing them so that he can have them for the TeaParty? :)

Yea...how about mailing out on Monday December 10th to make sure he gets them before the Tea Party

ladyliberty
11-29-2007, 09:08 AM
December 10th sounds like a good day to send them!

mosquitobite
11-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Great idea!!

jpinkerton
11-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Yea...how about mailing out on Monday December 10th to make sure he gets them before the Tea Party

Ha, yes - I looked at my calendar and didn't think twice about it. It's still on November ;).

December 10th would be a better date :)

jpinkerton
11-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Should we all decide on one address or divide it between the 4 listed above?

ladyliberty
11-29-2007, 09:50 AM
HOw about sending 4 cards?

hillertexas
11-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Should we all decide on one address or divide it between the 4 listed above?

I think it would be cool to divide it amongst the 4 addresses...that way, he will ge "bombed" 4 times instead of 1. How cool will it be when he gets the first card bomb and is all happy and then he travels to the next location and he gets it again!!

hillertexas
11-29-2007, 09:52 AM
HOw about sending 4 cards?

That works too...but make them different...because you know that he will probably actually read all of them

ladyliberty
11-29-2007, 09:55 AM
MAke sure your children draw him a cute letter too! :) he adores children!

hillertexas
11-29-2007, 10:00 AM
FYI: here are some Ron Paul Christmas cards that you can send to other people
http://www.ronpaulchristmascards.com/order.aspx?pid=34
http://www.ronpaulchristmascards.com/images/foldedcard.gif
inside top
http://www.ronpaulchristmascards.com/images/2_RPxmas_front.jpg
inside bottom
http://www.ronpaulchristmascards.com/images/1_RPxmas_back.jpg
back
http://www.ronpaulchristmascards.com/images/2_RPxmas_back.jpg
40 - $32.00
60 - $42.00
80 - $49.00
100 - $55.00
includes shipping and envelopes

jpinkerton
11-29-2007, 10:03 AM
I like the 4 idea. Should we have a site setup for this?

hillertexas
11-29-2007, 10:07 AM
I like the 4 idea. Should we have a site setup for this?

I think we should...but I have no computer skills...what should we call it?

jpinkerton
11-29-2007, 10:28 AM
www.CardsForPaul.com is available...

Taken: www.MerryChristmasRonPaul.com, RonPaulChristmas.com

jpinkerton
11-29-2007, 12:30 PM
how about www.ChristmasBomb.com ? :D

jpinkerton
11-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Bump?

Maltheus
11-29-2007, 02:08 PM
This sounds like a great idea in theory, but they do have to open all those letters. Do you really want to inundate his staff with stuff like this? My Christmas card will be a Mastercard come tomorrow and the 16th.

mollila
11-29-2007, 02:29 PM
This sounds like a great idea in theory, but they do have to open all those letters. Do you really want to inundate his staff with stuff like this? My Christmas card will be a Mastercard come tomorrow and the 16th.
True. A few cards is nice, but a lot would just create more work for his campaign staff that could instead be spent on promoting him.

Mckarnin
11-29-2007, 02:34 PM

We could send Christmas postcards?

liam
11-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Why not send them all to

Congressman Ron Paul
U.S. House of Representatives
Washington
DC 20515

all to arrive on the same day! I will find out when I would need to post from the UK.

thehighwaymanq
11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I love it! Great idea!

ladyliberty
11-29-2007, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmLzJ4kXEPQ

I was thinking about the Miracle on 34th St. - in the movie Kris Kringle comes to town and everyone thinks he is a crazy old man who thinks he is Santa Claus - but he REALLY is Santa Claus! Then he goes to court and they are trying to have him committed for being crazy and suddenly the door bursts open and there are all of these duffle bags filled with letters to Santa Claus - and the judge says that since US Postal Service has verified that he is Santa Claus, then that is who he is - case dismissed!

People treat Dr. Paul like he is some kind of crazy old man - but all of us really know different! I wasn't thinking of giving his staff bunch more work to do, but something that would have a powerful emotional impact that will let him know how many people out here really do BELIEVE he can be the President. Maybe he can keep them around and when he feels down, he can open a few of them up and read them to lift his spirits.

Maybe we can send him testimonials from a personal point of view regarding why we support him and how much we love him and how much we love his message of Freedom. No media attention required, no political campaign intervention, just a personal note from us to him.

It can be a post card, or a little photo, or a drawing, etc - anything that will cheer him up and bring him a smile.

If you want to send all the cards to Washington, he probably wont see them until after Congress comes back in session in January - they break for recess in December.

If you want to do a website, that is okay to, but I really dont think it is necessary. You can do it if you want to - and perhaps figure out a way to send him a ton of ecards while you are at it?

jpinkerton
11-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Or put a check for $10 in the card and mail it to the donation address ;)

VicVixvi
11-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Just an idea. If we are going to do a mass send, let's do it all on one day AND to one address for Ron Paul. Can you imagine hundreds of thousands of cards all being delivered to to the Congressional Office Bldg. -- very much like the Miracle on 34th street movie as was mentioned -- so much mail they had to bring semi's in to haul it all in? That alone might be newsworthy.

A couple of other suggestions:

Instead of just sending to RP -- why not send the card to various journalists? Can you imagine semi-trucks full of hundreds of thousands of cards wishing them a "Merry Freedom" being delivered to CNN, CBS, NBC, FOX, et al -- all on the same day? If we are going to send cards, why not send 5 cards each and mass wish a "Merry Freedom" to a few of the newscasters (hello Lou Dobbs) who need to get on board the Ron Paul Express!

One more and then I'll quit. I humbly suggest that the day of the mass mailing shortly follows the teaparty. TeaParty07 is going to be HUGE folks. It IS going to make the news and make it big! Let's co-opt that news cycle with a follow-up mailing to Ron Paul and as many of the MSM talking-heads as we can.

dcatman
11-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I will send a card as well.

dcatman
11-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Do not send mail to the congressional office in DC. Remember after the anthrax scare all the mail sent to the congress is handled off-site and scanned which adds days/weeks to the delivery time. That is why most offices ask for e-mail when corresponding w/ their constituents.

Ruby Justice
11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
our family sent out cards to everyone we know with the following text:

ALL WE WANT FOR CHRISTMAS......IS A RON PAUL PRESIDENCY!

Dear family and friends,

This year, instead of spending money on expensive gifts, our family has chosen to take the $10 Gifts Challenge and spare some money to donate to The Ron Paul for President Campaign at

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

It’s easy and the rules are simple:

• Spend only $10 or less on each gift we buy. There are thousands of ideas!! Favorite foods, unique socks, spices, art supplies, Ron Paul buttons & posters, candles, or better yet, MAKE a gift like a family calendar.
• Give what you can to the RON PAUL campaign on DECEMBER 16, 2007. Details @ TeaParty07.com
• Feel the satisfaction of creative thinking, money saved, and the greatest gift you will give to your family, America, and generations to come.

Merry Christmas, and may 2008 be the election year American history will never forget!

RON PAUL R3VO]UTION..Be a part of it!
www.RonPaul2008.com

hillertexas
11-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Just an idea. If we are going to do a mass send, let's do it all on one day AND to one address for Ron Paul. Can you imagine hundreds of thousands of cards all being delivered to to the Congressional Office Bldg. -- very much like the Miracle on 34th street movie as was mentioned -- so much mail they had to bring semi's in to haul it all in? That alone might be newsworthy.

A couple of other suggestions:

Instead of just sending to RP -- why not send the card to various journalists? Can you imagine semi-trucks full of hundreds of thousands of cards wishing them a "Merry Freedom" being delivered to CNN, CBS, NBC, FOX, et al -- all on the same day? If we are going to send cards, why not send 5 cards each and mass wish a "Merry Freedom" to a few of the newscasters (hello Lou Dobbs) who need to get on board the Ron Paul Express!

One more and then I'll quit. I humbly suggest that the day of the mass mailing shortly follows the teaparty. TeaParty07 is going to be HUGE folks. It IS going to make the news and make it big! Let's co-opt that news cycle with a follow-up mailing to Ron Paul and as many of the MSM talking-heads as we can.

I think this is a great idea....sending christmas cards to our enemies...fabulous! :)

mvlazysusan
11-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Money, cristmiss cards,I'd send hem my old sneekers if it would help... Let's bomb him back to the liberty age, you know truth justus and the american way

VicVixvi
11-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Oh, and ... I think we should refer to it as a "card shower" or some such ... if we refer to "mail" and "bomb" in the same sentence, it can do nothing but give those who oppose us ammo.

---
Though the enemy is many, he can be prevented from doing battle. Therefore, know the enemy's plans and calculate their strengths and weaknesses. -Sun Tzo