PDA

View Full Version : Faux-Newz blatant propaganda

tod evans
12-30-2013, 08:25 AM
The buzz words wrapped up in this fine piece of journalism are astounding!

That Boobus cheers and applauds is appalling!

Suspected bank robber who shot police officer was arrested in 2010 for threatening Obama

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/30/suspected-bank-robber-who-shot-police-officer-was-arrested-in-2010-for/?intcmp=latestnews

The lone suspect in a weeklong bank robbery spree that included the killing of a police officer in Mississippi was arrested in 2010 after making online threats against President Barack Obama.

A Secret Service spokesman told the Associated Press that Mario Edward Garnett was living in Oklahoma City at the time of his arrest. He would not say how the case was resolved.

Garnett, 40, was fatally shot by a responding police detective just after robbing a bank in Phoenix, Arizona Saturday morning. He had previously been linked to a robbery at a bank in Tupelo, Miss., which resulted in the shooting death of police officer Gale Stauffer. Garnett allegedly ambushed Stauffer and his partner while they were making a traffic stop of a vehicle thought to be linked to the robbery.

Earlier Monday, surveillance photos taken from a Bank of America branch in Atlanta showed a man a man wearing a black-and-white patterned jacket trying to commit a robbery. He was wearing a black ski mask and black gloves and carrying a handgun.

After failing to get any money from a teller, the man demanded and received an undisclosed amount of money from someone who was using an ATM in the bank's lobby.

The FBI said Sunday that the identification of the man killed in the Phoenix robbery was "made based upon similarities" between the three robberies, "including the clothing worn by the bank robber, statements uttered by the bank robber during the robberies, and the robber's overall modus operandi, supported by other evidence and information collected during the course of this investigation."

"Additionally, cell phone records, obtained via court order, indicated that this individual's phone was in Atlanta, Tupelo, and Phoenix when the bank robberies were committed," the statement added.

A spokesman for the Phoenix Police Department said that Garnett was originally from the Midwest and had served in the U.S. Army for four years. He had no connections to the Phoenix area and had no prior criminal record apart from his arrest by the Secret Service.

FrankRep
12-30-2013, 09:14 AM
What's not true about the story?

Oklahoma City man ordered to prison for threatening to kill president
http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-man-ordered-to-prison-for-threatening-to-kill-president/article/3581560

News OK
June 30, 2011

An Oklahoma City man was sentenced Tuesday to eight months in federal prison for threatening to blow President Barack Obama's brains out.

Mario Edward Garnett was ordered to get mental health care upon his release. He can't own a gun.

Garnett, 38, pleaded guilty Dec. 1 to threatening the president, a felony. He posted the threat on the official White House website Aug. 21, a U.S. Secret Service agent reported.

Intoxiklown
12-30-2013, 09:21 AM
I also guess that I am missing something. The story seems to be almost pure bulletin points of verified facts.

kcchiefs6465
12-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Has this been verified?

"Additionally, cell phone records, obtained via court order, indicated that this individual's phone was in Atlanta, Tupelo, and Phoenix when the bank robberies were committed," the statement added.

I doubt it.

Ronin Truth
12-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Is "blatant propaganda" bad only when we don't like it? :confused:

FindLiberty
12-30-2013, 09:39 AM
lol, "He can't own a gun."

I bet education was also a factor here, "eight months in federal prison".

Ronin Truth
12-30-2013, 09:55 AM
lol, "He can't own a gun."

I bet education was also a factor here, "eight months in federal prison". Maybe he can borrow one. :D

tod evans
12-30-2013, 10:22 AM
What's the "propaganda"?

How about a Caucasian vet who makes online threats, gets caught and then goes off to rob banks...The government agents freely admit to monitoring this dudes phone location "with a court order"..

Seems to me to be the perfect propaganda story that can be used to justify surveillance of those darned midwestern yahoo veterans....The brown people boogeymen are getting harder to foist on the Faux Newz audience when government wants to keep an eye on the more rural demographic.

The simple fact that such a "story" is accepted as factual reporting instead of clandestine justification for tighter surveillance by the crowd here is kinda scary..:eek:

Guess I could just wrap the tinfoil a bit tighter and shut up...

tod evans
12-30-2013, 10:24 AM
What's not true about the story?

It's probably all true, it's the slant that I attribute to propaganda...

FrankRep
12-30-2013, 10:27 AM

I don't see a propaganda slant. The information within the article is accurate.

Root
12-30-2013, 11:19 AM
What's the "propaganda"?

How about a Caucasian vet who makes online threats, gets caught and then goes off to rob banks...The government agents freely admit to monitoring this dudes phone location "with a court order"..

Seems to me to be the perfect propaganda story that can be used to justify surveillance of those darned midwestern yahoo veterans....The brown people boogeymen are getting harder to foist on the Faux Newz audience when government wants to keep an eye on the more rural demographic.

The simple fact that such a "story" is accepted as factual reporting instead of clandestine justification for tighter surveillance by the crowd here is kinda scary..:eek:

This.

Christian Liberty
12-30-2013, 11:33 AM
I don't see how threatening the President should be a crime. First of all, "The President" is a capital criminal. For that reason alone, a libertarian President would be right to pardon anyone who actually did commit this "crime", let alone threatening to. Second of all, even if the President was someone like Ron Paul, I fail to see how a "threat" could actually be criminal without at least verifying that the threat is somewhat credible. The statement he made about Obama seems more likely to have been a joke (albeit a stupid one) than serious, much like that person who threatened to go and shoot up a school while playing a video game. Stupid, yes, but not serious.

On the other hand, bank robbery is rightly a crime and punishable as such.

Regarding the "slant", I'm usually bad at noticing that unless its really, really obvious, and I didn't notice it when reading through, but I understand tod evans' point. I'm just really bad at detecting that sort of thing most of the time.

erowe1
12-30-2013, 12:02 PM

What slant? That robbing people is bad?

Suzanimal
12-30-2013, 12:02 PM

This line reads like PR for the surveillance state. People will read lines like this and somehow think it helped catch the guy but in reality...

Garnett, 40, was fatally shot by a responding police detective just after robbing a bank in Phoenix, Arizona Saturday morning

erowe1
12-30-2013, 12:03 PM

Are you saying that it's not factual reporting?

donnay
12-30-2013, 12:13 PM
What's the "propaganda"?

Glorifying and acclimating people that this surveillance is good--it helped them catch the bad guy. USA! USA! USA! This goes over a lot of people's head, unfortunately.

Root
12-30-2013, 12:20 PM
donnay gets it, +rep

tod evans
12-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Are you saying that it's not factual reporting?

I read reports such as this as pure unadulterated propaganda, doesn't matter if they're based in fact or fiction.

I have no reason to believe this particular story is fabricated.

HOLLYWOOD
12-30-2013, 03:25 PM
I read reports such as this as pure unadulterated propaganda, doesn't matter if they're based in fact or fiction.

I have no reason to believe this particular story is fabricated.I just keep correcting friends and family anytime they mention "NEWS"... I say, you mean "Infotainment".

LibForestPaul
12-30-2013, 04:01 PM
This line reads like PR for the surveillance state. People will read lines like this and somehow think it helped catch the guy but in reality...

ding winner

DamianTV
12-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Propoganda isnt just about telling Lies. Its about Distorting the Size of the Truth.

Look at the number of times MSM talks about "School Shooting", "Gang Violece, Store / Bank Robbery", and compare that to the number of times that they do NOT report on "Homeowner Uses Gun In Self Defense".

Now read between the lines. What they are saying is that "Gunowners are unable to defend themselves". They also say that Guns are only used to commit Unlawful Actions. And further claim in reading between the lines "Only Police Should have Guns, Mundanes Should Not". In and of itself, this story is not propoganda. But when this story is included in the Big Picture of Reality vs What News Says Reality Is, you see this is a Part of the Propoganda.

People need to understand what Propoganda is and what it is not. Propoganda is NOT about telling all Lies. Propoganda IS about distorting the Truth so that you Percieve a different conclusion than what is Real. We know Real Magic is NOT Real. Magicians take advantage of the way our brains work and manipulate our Perceptions so that we "see" what the Magician wants us to "see".

We do not have the power to observe First Hand every event that happens on this planet simultaneously. We claim that we know what is going on because "we watch the news". Media at its core is about Communication. Communication has allowed us to have an expanded awareness of the world around us without direct or first hand observation through the observations and carried information through others. But just as Magicians can deceive our real eyes and ears, MSM has figured it they can also deceive us through our Perceptions.

Another case in point. Ron Paul vs MSM. The MSM would have had you believe (but you probably didnt fall for it), that Ron Paul was not even qualified to be a third rate candidate during both of the Presidential Elections that he took part in. They reported on Obama and Romney many times more than they would even mention Ron Pauls name. They wanted you to believe that Ron Paul did not exist. On rare occasions, they would mention Ron Paul, but only as a means of discrediting him. When the MSM mentioned Ron Paul's name, it added a very small element of truth to their lie in that they barely acknowledged that he did exist. That very small element of truth tried to make the claim that what the MSM was telling you was Reality. It is a Fish Eye Lens. Sure, a Fish Eye Lens can show you Reality, but it shows a distorted view of reality. Things look larger than they should while other things appear to be smaller than they are. When you do the measurements, you may find that to apparently different sized things measure out to be the exact same size. Hypothetical. Obama, Romney, and Paul were the only people in the last election. If they were equal, each candidate would have received 33.3% of the Media's attention. But through the Fish Eye Lens, Romney and Obama received 49% of the MSM's attention (not Media in this case due to Distortion), while Paul only received 2%. It is by these means that the Perception of Reality is altered to twist the truth and cause people to conclude something that is different than actual reality.

The MSM relies on Half Truths to distort your Perceptions of reality. The MSM would have you believe that Gun Violence is completely out of control. They would have you believe Fukushima is "no big deal", because its not mentioned any more as much on the Nightly News.

Regular people, like you and me, as well as everyone else on the planet try to manipulate each others view when we communicate in order to try to place bias on something we feel strongly about. Some might claim this to be Conspiracy Territory. It isnt. We get mad that our employer screwed us, we communicate that information. But this isnt about just communicating, its about our perceptions of that received information. Some who listen to a story about an employer that screwed someone might percieve that person to be a complainer, or percieve an employer to behave completely unfairly in every single action they take.

Now lets step into Conspiracy Theory Territory. Even people who disregard certain information as being Conspiracy Theory will openly admit that this country has some major problems. Conspiracy comes into play when we start to believe that the MSM and certain Presidential Candidates are fully in kahootz with each other. The truth is that they are not fully in kahootz, thus, there is no conspiracy. Those certain Presidential Candidates and the MSM are much closer to being at war with each other than they would be fully cooperating. There are some points that they do agree on, which is where the root of the idea of a Conspiracy comes from. The MSM propped up Obama during the last election, but suddenly, they are doing everything in their power to paint him as being a Terrible President? And they are fully enacting some sort of "Secret Plan" to hijack the Govt? Unlikely. Each Conspirator desires to have more and more control, sometimes they agree, but sometimes they dont. When they agree, you'll see the MSM prop them up. When they don't agree, you'll probably see the MSM report "Bad News" about the subject. Not always the case. Currently, I think the plan is to put another Puppet Republican into office. The democrats are most likely not going to win the next Presidency.

But since this entire post is about Distortion of Perceptions, we cant really know what Reality is unless we know the Big Picture. What is their plan? What is the agenda? Who is at war with who? Is what we are witnessing a means of accomplishing one factions goals? Without that information, we can't compensate our perception of the already provided information to have a clearer view of what is going on.

I have a couple of major points to make here. First, our Perceptions are based on the quantity vs relevancy of information we are provided. This is one way of causing a Distortion in our Perceptions. Next, it isnt just the Govt or MSM or Banks all working together in complete agreement to take control of the world. These groups are Factions vying for power. And they are at each others throats and will slit throats the first chance they get. There are probably Dozens if not Hundreds of different factions trying to seize the power for themselves. When they are in agreement, we see cooperation. They are out for each others blood, but recognize that they need to destroy our ability to fight back is a major obstacle to them. Thus, they agree that our Gun Rights need to be systematically destroyed. Once / If that is accomplished, they will again turn focus to each other. Look at how many Banks have gone under. The Banks are at war with each other. But Banks will agree that they need to maintain a Fiat Currency for any Bank to have a chance at gaining more power. The control of the Banks will be opposed by the Military Industrial Complex. The Military Industrial Complex will be opposed by other groups with other agendas, each leveraging their strengths to eliminate those who oppose them. That is the Conspiracy that we fail to see when we look at the world through their Distorted View of Reality.

Is this article Conspiracy? Not in and of itself. But seen as being a part of the Big Picture, we can see that "White Man with Gun" is distorted to be percieved as being a much bigger problem than it actually is. What is expected to be Percieved is that "White Nutjob with Gun" is a major problem so that those who only view the world through their Fish Eye Lens fall into the Problem, Reaction, Solution paradigm.

Problem: White Whacko with Gun
Reaction: Fear of Guns and White People. Cry to Govt to get rid of Guns.
Solution: Govt further restricts Guns

We are manipulated and lose our Liberty through a series of Expected Reactions. We have these Expected Reactions because our World View is distorted by the way the Information is presented to us. The way the Information is presented to us Distorts our Perceptions of Reality. Many of us have been tricked into percieving specific information as being a problem, and thus have an expected reaction that the solution to the problem is to give up the very things that have made us Free and Independant. You can hide from another person from you by either sticking in the shadows as well as by many other means. If you could do something to cause the other person who is seeking you to have merely a Blurred view of the world, it would allow you to stay hidden, and thus, act as you see fit. If the Perception is so Blurred and Distorted that a person is not able to discern any useful information about the world in any way shape or form, they end up relying on the eyes and ears of others, and percieve that information as being wholey and completely factual, undistorted, and absolutely unbiased.

The end result is that a person with this type of Perspective can be completely controlled because they are in essence blind to the world around them.

HOLLYWOOD
12-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Well, it's also an equation for people to judge the result... given the impression those that judge have all the facts and figures when making their final judgement.

When corporations and government, who are in bed together, only provide half the equation, you're most likely not going to ever get the correct result. That's their game plan, provide only half the information.

Yesterday, (PROPAGANDA SUNDAYS in AMERICA) the USUAL SUSPECTS in mind control and deceit, hosted a slew of half truths and even lies.

Nazi Michael Hayden called Eduard Snowden a Traitor, with the usual buildup by the script and hosts. Hayden also lied about Eduard Snowden's open letters to German and Brazilian people/governments, where the former U.S.A.F. General and CIA director stated about Snowden,"he has offered to reveal more American secrets to those governments in return for something. and in return was asylum. I think there's an English word that describes selling American secrets to another government, I do think it's Treason"

NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH... General Michael Hayden is a Lying Nazi Scumbag and the true treasonous entity to the US Constitution and America. Let's not forget, General Michael Hayden was in charge of the CIA during the W. Bush years od illegal crimes against humanity with illegal; Kidnapping-Rendition, Torture, Felony law breaking of the US Constitution of spying on Americans, lying to Congress, lying to the people, endangering America from this one criminal. Not only is Hayden a liar, he doesn't even know what the US Constitution states from his blurbs on CBS' FACE the NATION... so he's ignorant too. Yet these are same executive government criminals that are constantly given immunity for their crimes, are given wealthy paying positions at DC parasite special interest groups, and hosted weekly on corporatist propaganda media.

The propaganda show and the mouthpiece of the week: CBS FACE the NATION and Michael Hayden

http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2013/12/29/290f4478-cbdb-4f65-8849-d94df60b258c/thumbnail/620x465/FTN_Hayden_1229.jpg?hash=3e79b005df3a2380e92005bc6 ac8252c