PDA

View Full Version : Ohio balloting news and info

Bradley in DC
06-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Native Buckeye here, so bear with me. First, news that the Ohio LP is petitioning for ballot status (I wish them well).

http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/06/25/arizona-greens-and-ohio-libertarians-making-petition-progress/

Now, just to avoid any confusion, let's be clear: registered voters signing petitions for the Libertarian Party in Ohio CAN also sign ballot petitions for the slate of Dr. Paul's delegate candidates to the Republican nominating convention. It really does make sense, trust me. So long as one did not vote in the Democratic Party primary the previous two elections (and even there it's mroe of a fuzzy rule), one can sign ballot petitions for Dr. Paul. No, signing up for the LP as a party does not disqualify you--since the LP would not yet be a recognized party by the time Ohio Republicans vote (yes, even if they signed the LP petition), they would be considered independents and eligible.

I'll check with a local to see if I've got the dates right or if the law has changed, but when I organized for Forbes in Ohio the second time, some Libertarians signed the ballot petitions for us and for them (we helped each other out).;)