PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporters

ladyliberty
11-29-2007, 08:03 AM
I want you to know that we are a forced to be reconed with. I have not read all of the threads here - but I wanted to give my first hand account to add into the mix.

We started arriving in the park by busloads! People from the other campaigns were not just outnumbered - they were overwhelmed! each of us carried three or four Ron Paul signs with us everywhere we went it was like a 6 hour sign waving! The Guiness Book of World Record sign waving! Hundreds upon hundreds of us.

I saw only one - count them one - Mitt Romney supporter. He was so angry he was purple and his eyes bulged out and the viens in his neck were popped out. Will we hear anything in the news about the "Mean Mitt Romney Supporter?" Nope. Whenever we saw the plane going by we stood and pointed and yelled "Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! IT'S RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!" and this only served to fuel the Mean Mitt Guy's anger even more! He yelled at us and said we are all crazy!

We were the only group laughing and making a party out of it. Ron Paul Supporters are a Happy Group of people! At Vinoy Park, when we were having the bar-be-que and straw poll, our line stretched out for miles and miles - and it was ALL Ron Paul Supporters! There were one or two other people interspersed in among us, but they did not wear so much as a pin or a button to identify themselves. And they WERE NOT smiling at all! :D The hired entertainment caught on quick that we supported Ron Paul, and so he would mention Ron Paul's name in his songs in order to get a cheer from the crowd - making a handful of people including the Mean Mitt Guy all the more miserable.

As we spread out across the downtown area like so many lit matches, the Ron Paul Freedom Message started burning and catching fire. It crackled and darted down the sidewalk, people who were there just to watch the excitement were completely taken by the crowd! We shared the message and gave them a sign to carry! They joined the march and the chanting! We passed by restaurants and bars who had their doors open to the cool night air, and our Message caught fire inside those establishments too! We gave them whatever signs we had and continued on! Our fire blazed across the grassy knoll of another park, catching a large gathering of Democrats in its path! They too turned from their Peace Protest and picked up the Ron Paul chant. What had originally been a few hundred lit matches had become several thousand caught up in the Ron Paul Freedom Message wildfire!!!!

There was a brief downpour of rain and not even the rain could put the wildfire out! It continued to burn all the way to the Palladium Theater...there were some 800-1000 people in the main auditorium (full capacity) and there were a couple hundred more in another area under the satge watching on a big screen there, and untold numbers who gathered on the streets and sidewalks in fropnt of the Palladium who continued with the sign waving!

I am absolutely hoarse - I have no voice today. I can only say the debate - from our point of view - was not all that bad! It was most enjoyable and extremely entertaining to watch the so called "Top Tier Candidates" go after each other like a pack of dogs!!! Ron Paul did not really have to say much - just stand back and allow these guys to destroy each other! It was sort of like watching a World Wrestling Federation Cage Match with Huckabee, Thompson, McCain, and Guiliani power slamming one another trying to win the title of President. Then as they are all left in mangled heap in the middle of the ring, Ron Paul just politely steps over all of their bodies and takes the title!

His speech last night was indeed Amazing and I agree he seemed sort of down when he started, but he was really energized by the end of the event! Maybe he did feel sort of defeated after the debate, but when he met with us he could see that he had indeed been bestowed the title of President by all of us!

I just saw a New York Times blog about us - they still do not "get it." But at least they are not calling us kooks, nutjobs, fruitcakes, or crabgrass anymore!

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/28/ron-paul-fans-in-florida/

PS I did 2 interviews yesterday - one for Bay News 9 (which from what I can tell they did not air that segment) and the other live for Ron Paul Radio after the debate!

terryp
11-29-2007, 08:37 AM
I wish i could have made it. I think a lot of people watching TV including a lot
here on the site did not see that side of things. I don't recall seeing any of the supporters on TV before the debate but i could have missed it.

GREAT JOB

ladyliberty
11-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Nope, they would not put us in front of the cameras - so we marched around the block to where the Big Wigs were entering the parking lot and we had a massive Sign Waving there! We were so loud they could here us several blocks away!

torchbearer
11-29-2007, 08:45 AM
bump. good read. goes well with coffee.

hillertexas
11-29-2007, 08:45 AM
thanks ladyliberty...i wish i could have been there

ladyliberty
11-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Yall dont realize - everyone of you was there! Your spirit could be felt throughout all of that whole area! The air fairly crackled with Ron Paul lightening and energy!