PDA

View Full Version : CNN AM Factcheck: RP supports FAIRTAX!

Question_Authority
11-29-2007, 07:01 AM
I just saw a list of candidates who support the Fairtax on CNN AM. Soledad (or whoever this lady is) had someone named "Ali" I think.

Great fact checking, thanks CNN.

PLease email them to correct this. WHat a bunch of putzes.

Question_Authority
11-29-2007, 07:02 AM
Sorry, that was a poorly written post. I am still bleary-eyed. For thos of you new to Ron Paul, he does NOT support the FairTax. He wants to eliminate the IRS and replace it with NOTHING>

Menthol Patch
11-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Exactly. He does not support the fair tax! He wants to abolish the IRS and the income tax and replace it with nothing!

The Fair Tax would do NOTHING to reduce the size, cost, and scope of government!

rfbz
11-29-2007, 07:05 AM
I thought I heard him say he did support a fair tax though..like zero.

:)

user
11-29-2007, 07:11 AM
I thought I heard him say he did support a fair tax though..like zero.

:)
Haha, you mean flat tax.

Freedom
11-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Ron Paul *DOES* support Fair Tax. He said so at the Iowa Straw Poll and it was listed as so at the Fair Tax tent. He says that it is better than the current system, however he would prefer to replace it with a 0% tax, which is of course, is the Fairest Tax!

Here is a letter that Ron Paul wrote about Fair Tax: http://weblog.larrydburton.com/archives/2006/09/26/ron-paul-and-the-fairtax/

user
11-29-2007, 07:25 AM
It is misleading to say, "Ron Paul supports the FairTax" without any details, if that's what CNN did. RP doesn't really support the FairTax. He'd just prefer it to the current income tax structure.

Menthol Patch
11-29-2007, 07:32 AM
He does NOT support the Fair Tax! He supports ZERO tax!

Listen to his speech after the debate last night! He made FUN OF THE FAIR TAX! He totally opposes it!

Menthol Patch
11-29-2007, 07:35 AM
By the way, you can say something like the "Fair Tax" while still being a NIGHTMARE DEVIL FROM HADES is a "tiny itty bit" better than the income tax WITHOUT SUPPORTING IT!

Ron Paul totally opposes the Fair Tax! However, he does admit it's a little itty tiny bit better than the income tax. But he still opposes it completely!

For example, a war "only" in Iraq is better than a war with Iraq AND Iran! However, it does not mean that the War in Iraq is anything short of an ABOMINATION!

The Fair Tax is an abomination just like the Income Tax. It's just a "slightly" less severe demon!

KewlRonduderules
11-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Ron Paul *DOES* support Fair Tax. He said so at the Iowa Straw Poll and it was listed as so at the Fair Tax tent. He says that it is better than the current system, however he would prefer to replace it with a 0% tax, which is of course, is the Fairest Tax!

Here is a letter that Ron Paul wrote about Fair Tax: http://weblog.larrydburton.com/archives/2006/09/26/ron-paul-and-the-fairtax/

WRONG!!! He does not support it.

This is misinformation.

he wants to replace the income tax with 0% tax.

Question_Authority
11-29-2007, 07:43 AM

In the link you gave, Paul says: "While I certainly support eliminating the income tax, I do not want to see it replaced with a high national sales tax which attempts to collect the same amount of revenue. Spending is the real problem."

Bruehound
11-29-2007, 08:02 AM
He has said repeatedly that he would vote for the Fairtax if it came to a floor vote but he refuses to Co-sponsor the bill because he believes method of revenue collection is a false argument that distracts from stopping unconstitutional spending.

Elwar
11-29-2007, 08:29 AM
He has said before that if it came across his desk he would vote for it. But tinkering with the tax code wasn't the answer.