PDA

View Full Version : Winter Olympics Wimp-out: Is Obama Afraid of Putin?

HAC
12-27-2013, 07:41 PM
http://broodofclowns.com/news-clowntable-discussion-winter-olympics

Guess he won't scramble the jets for some 2,500 year old Olympics! (or maybe he is just afraid of Putin)

Last week's news I know, but come on...he is afraid of Putin! It's so obvious.

Zippyjuan
12-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Lots of foreign leaders are staying away from the Russian games. They aren't afraid of him. If they were afraid of him, they WOULD go since he wants them to. They don't approve of a lot of his policies (note that Putin has been trying to woo them back- releasing some prisoners and sending more natural gas to Europe). In 1980 the summer games were in Moscow and the entire US Olympic team stayed home (perhaps it is ironic now that the reason for that one was the Russian invasian of Afghanistan).

AngryCanadian
12-27-2013, 08:23 PM
I am sure an Republican president would have being tough right? :rolleyes:
Lets arm the Jihadists again.

HAC
12-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Lots of foreign leaders are staying away from the Russian games. They aren't afraid of him. If they were afraid of him, they WOULD go since he wants them to. They don't approve of a lot of his policies (note that Putin has been trying to woo them back- releasing some prisoners and sending more natural gas to Europe). In 1980 the summer games were in Moscow and the entire US Olympic team stayed home (perhaps it is ironic now that the reason for that one was the Russian invasian of Afghanistan).

Obama is different because he's the leader of the "exceptional" #1 nation, and he has a history of avoiding Putin. If he is not afraid of Putin, he would take the natural action which is to attend as most presidents do. I think he just doesn't want to go there and get overshadowed by the better leader.

HAC
12-27-2013, 09:57 PM
I am sure an Republican president would have being tough right? :rolleyes:
Lets arm the Jihadists again.

No, McCain could basically be Obama's vice president then they could try to tweet and protest Putin to death. I'm a Libertarian, and I don't care much for the Republicans either.