PDA

View Full Version : 12yo smuggles 80lb weed on back, months after Rep King blasted for saying kids smuggle 75lbs

MRK
12-27-2013, 01:04 PM
This one turned out pretty interesting.

Iowa R-4 Rep Steve King was called out for claiming illegal immigrants were smuggling massive amounts of drugs, more so than they were becoming valedictorians by a ratio of 100 to 1. He said kids were smuggling up to 75 pounds on their backs into the country from Mexico.

The pro-illegal immigration groups went nuts, causing a big outcry from the media and forcing Boehner to make a denunciation of the statements.

Months later, turns out the border patrol found kids doing just that - smuggling marijuana across their border, one, a 12 year old kid, with 80 pounds on his back. More at the link.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/dec/27/12-year-old-drug-smuggler-reignites-immigration-de/

MRK
12-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Unlike Mr. King I welcome all immigrants to the United States with or without overlord approval, but it is funny to see a situation where people get caught with their foot in their wailing mouth when something this uncanny happens to back up supposedly controversial statements.

dannno
12-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Heh, it would be funny if that kid who smuggled 80 lbs. of weed into the U.S. became valedictorian of his high school :D

Occam's Banana
12-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Iowa R-4 Rep Steve King was called out for claiming illegal immigrants were smuggling massive amounts of drugs, more so than they were becoming valedictorians by a ratio of 100 to 1.

Given this, does anybody think King will arrive at any of the obvious conclusions regarding the War on Drugs or government schools?

Nah, me neither ...

AuH20
12-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Drug mules? I thought they were only found in fairy tales. So much for that lie.

ClydeCoulter
12-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Heh, it would be funny if that kid who smuggled 80 lbs. of weed into the U.S. became valedictorian of his high school :D

And, then a successful businessman. :)

compromise
12-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Probably true. After marijuana is legalized, we need free trade with Mexico and Colombia.

pcosmar
12-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Probably true. After marijuana is legalized, we need free trade with Mexico and Colombia.

If it is legalized,,we can grow plenty here..
And get really nice jeans at a reasonable price.

And that 12 yr old kid can get a job building Chevys in Mexico.

thoughtomator
12-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Unlike Mr. King I welcome all immigrants to the United States with or without overlord approval, but it is funny to see a situation where people get caught with their foot in their wailing mouth when something this uncanny happens to back up supposedly controversial statements.

It's not "overlord approval" that's in question. The overlords very clearly approve just fine. It's the people's approval which is the roadblock to unrestricted immigration.

pcosmar
12-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Pretty industrious kid. If it weren't for the marijuana shortage in the US he would have to find other work.

phill4paul
12-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Pretty industrious kid. If it weren't for the marijuana shortage in the US he would have to find other work.

I'd hire him any day. Except laws forbid me from hiring 12 yr. olds.

pcosmar
12-27-2013, 02:30 PM
I'd hire him any day. Except laws forbid me from hiring 12 yr. olds.

Damn shame. Packing 80 lbs across open country..
Kid is a hard worker.

enhanced_deficit
12-27-2013, 02:30 PM

Well he seems to be resourceful enough to buy all the votes with "goods" :)

dannno
12-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Well he seems to be resourceful enough to buy all the votes with "goods" :)

You seem to be confusing valedictorian with Prom King or something :p

Unless you're talking about him buying off school officials..

belian78
12-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Cut out every bit of state paid welfare/schooling/healthcare/etc... Then I'll be ok with unfettered immigration.

acptulsa
12-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Rep. Steve King called that pretty accurately for someone allegedly talking out his as--er, I mean speaking hypothetically. Makes me think he might have inside information.

We know the Clintons got their start by being part of The SuperHIGHway across Arkansas. Maybe King was in on it with them...

Snew
12-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Good for him.

jkr
12-27-2013, 03:58 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
fuhq
dat
guy

sluggo
12-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Child labor laws didn't keep that kid from going drug mule either. :p

LibForestPaul
12-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Cut out every bit of state paid welfare/schooling/healthcare/etc... Then I'll be ok with unfettered immigration.
Greedy! People need help. Another gradma can eat dogfood line of thinking no doubt.