PDA

View Full Version : Tom McMillin Money Bomb Dec. 30th

EBounding
12-27-2013, 11:33 AM
For those that might not know, Tom McMillin is a term-limited state rep and is running for an open state senate seat (Senate District 13). He's been the biggest defender of civil liberties in the Michigan legislature since Justin Amash, so it would be a real shame if he didn't get elected in the State Senate.

His primary opponent is the establishment's choice, but the primary and the general are both winnable races for him. I live in the district and it leans slightly Republican.

You can donate HERE (http://tommcmillin.com/contribute/) and sign up for the Money Bomb at his facebook event page (https://www.facebook.com/events/454173541353921/458253787612563/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity) (70+ are attending so far). Below is a portion of a campaign e-mail he sent recently.

Friends of Tom McMillin

I've been busy campaigning for State Senate. I've found there are of course a variety of issues that are important to citizens in the Senate district and throughout Michigan. Folks tell me that they appreciate my leadership in many of these areas:

• fighting the nationalization of our education and healthcare systems
• fighting proposed tax increases and increased government spending
• championing a business environment friendly to job providers
• championing "value for money budgeting" that is placing more measurements on government spending, to help determine what we are getting for each tax dollar
• fighting those trying to neuter the excellent new Freedom to Work law
• fighting the government picking winners and losers with corporate welfare
• fighting the expansion of government surveillance on us all
• championing property rights and privacy rights
• championing transparency in government spending
• championing our state's 10th Amendment rights against federal overreach
• defending our religious liberties and parental rights
• defending the unborn and traditional marriage
• defending the right for our citizens to have due process

These are not small, flash-in-the-pan issues. These are big issues - that will be around a long time, which is why it is important that I get to the State Senate next year. That 38 member body needs more conservatives who will not back down on their principles under pressure - whether that pressure comes from special interests, lobbyists, fellow Republicans, liberals, the media...or even a governor. I have a strong five year legislative history of holding fast to my principles. That will not diminish if I get to the State Senate.

FSP-Rebel
12-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Attending, what kind of volunteer squad yall got over there, EB?

EBounding
12-27-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm not really plugged into the campaign yet, but my area has a lot of Ron Paul delegates who should be motivated to help. The other delegates in my town seem to like Tom too. Hopefully he has the same amount of support in the Troy and Rochester Hill area.

FSP-Rebel
12-30-2013, 11:42 AM
McMillin for State Senate: Website Donations
Amount $50.00 USD
Date Dec 30, 2013