PDA

View Full Version : CHAMBER OF COMMERCE TO SPEND $50 MILLION TO CRUSH TEA PARTY

Origanalist
12-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Again, excuse the caps in the headline;

On Christmas Day, the Wall Street Journal reported that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce says it plans to spend at least $50 million to "support establishment, business-friendly candidates in primaries and the general election, with an aim of trying to win a Republican Senate majority."
"Our No. 1 focus is to make sure, when it comes to the Senate, that we have no loser candidates," said U.S. Chamber of Commerce top political strategist Scott Reed. "That will be our mantra: No fools on our ticket."

GOP establishment officials hope to elide Tea Party challenges by shrinking the nomination process down to a tight four-month window replete with penalties for states that shirk the rules.
The WSJ reported that Republican leaders "hope a less restive Republican caucus will allow the House to pass a farm bill and push ahead on at least incremental overhauls of the immigration system."

The Chamber's comments are just the latest salvo in a widening battle between the conservative Tea Party grassroots and the establishment wing of the Republican Party. Increasingly, the Tea Party's growing power and influence has unmoored Republican politicians from their traditional alliance with Wall Street in favor of grassroots conservative activists.

The shift comes as grassroots activists have re-framed the GOP's old "pro-business" stance into a "pro-free markets" positioning that eschews corporate welfare and taxpayer-funded crony capitalist giveaways to industries that make major political contributions and reap big government contracts paid for by voters.

The Journal says that joining the Chamber of Commerce will be groups like Karl Rove's American Crossroads, who "are preparing an aggressive effort to groom and support more centrist Republican candidates."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/26/Chamber-of-Commerce-To-Spend-50-Million-To-Crush-Tea-Party

oyarde
12-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Chamber Commerce have become a douchebag orgination from hell.I only frequent maybe a couple places that may be in , I let them know .

nobody's_hero
12-27-2013, 06:26 AM
I wish I had $50,000,000 to waste.

oyarde
12-27-2013, 06:58 AM

Yes , that is a valid point , I hope people see this .

Warlord
12-27-2013, 06:59 AM
They can't crush the grassroots

kathy88
12-27-2013, 07:08 AM
So calling people losers is now a political strategy. Good to know.

oyarde
12-27-2013, 07:19 AM
So calling people losers is now a political strategy. Good to know.

I have a destinct feeling they would define that differently than I .

HOLLYWOOD
12-27-2013, 07:23 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?436456-WSJ-GOP-Estab-Corporatists-Rove-Aim-to-Diminish-Conservative-Tea-Party-Members-amp-Activists

Icymudpuppy
12-27-2013, 09:01 AM
I cancelled my membership with the Chamber years ago. Not a good use of my advertising dollars.

Cleaner44
12-27-2013, 09:04 AM
We are the metal. You can't kill the metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA

Brian4Liberty
12-27-2013, 01:08 PM
I cancelled my membership with the Chamber years ago. Not a good use of my advertising dollars.

A Tweet for those who are still members:

Peace&Freedom
12-27-2013, 05:16 PM
A Tweet for those who are still members:

The Chamber is providing smoking gun proof we can now present to the grassroots that the puppetmasters calling the shots (banksters/Wall St 1%ers et al) are not their friends, and are the power behind the establishment pols and pundits who beat them down this fall. These guys want ever increasing debt, taxes and spending "to infinity and beyond," as it's good for crony business. The white shoe boys have given us the ammo to re-charge the Tea Party in a more consistent grassroots, pro-liberty direction.

Mr.NoSmile
12-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Well, big money talks. Here's hoping grassroots are organized. Tillis and Brannon are going to be a big example of what wins out in the end: grassroots or big money. Folks will keep on attaching that 'obstructionist' label to Tea Party type politicians because they see them as do-nothing, while they look at someone like Paul Ryan as do-something....for some reason, because he got something passed. People look mostly at the surface details.

Carson
12-27-2013, 05:27 PM
I wonder how much of it is funneled and rains down from the central banks and the presses?

enhanced_deficit
12-27-2013, 05:33 PM
When Life gives lemons..
Would it be good strategy to divert CoC fight towards TP-neocon wing and use that opportunity to restore and strengthen a real Tea Party based primarily on Freedoming principles?

idiom
12-27-2013, 06:04 PM
When Life gives lemons..
Would it be good strategy to divert CoC fight towards TP-neocon wing and use that opportunity to restore and strengthen a real Tea Party based primarily on Freedoming principles?

Or perhaps on Commerce principles?

paulbot24
12-27-2013, 06:13 PM
"No fools on our ticket" he says. Yeah? Who do people vote for when the contest is between a liberal candidate and a moderately liberal candidate? How's that moderate thing going? The only fools I hear are them if they think they can beat a liberal with a moderate. WILL NOT HAPPEN. Stop demonizing and alienating people in your party. I don't think they'll ever get it. They'll be muttering in their nursing homes....something about how the world's going to hell in a handbasket because of a few whackobirds and they tried so hard.....

seapilot
12-27-2013, 10:22 PM
They do not want anyone they cant buy or control. This is good it means they are losing at least a little bit of control.

georgiaboy
12-28-2013, 09:26 AM
They do not want anyone they cant buy or control. This is good it means they are losing at least a little bit of control.

good point. they wouldn't be fighting this so hard if they didn't have to. this move by them actually reflects just how strong we've become. this is not the time to back down, but to keep pushing.

we are continuing to grow. we just need to stay focused so we can get our candidates through the primaries.

their resorting to name calling is also very telling. They can't go toe to toe on the issues, because theirs are the liberal positions.

Anti-Neocon
12-28-2013, 09:45 AM
The Chamber is well known in conservative circles to support amnesty for illegals. Bringing up this issue is a good way to energize the base. Since Brannon is outwardly opposed to amnesty, he will be in their crosshairs from day 1 of this smear campaign. We need to be prepared.

klamath
12-28-2013, 09:47 AM
So the next time I get campaign literature from a candidate saying "endorsed by COC".......BEWARE!

JK/SEA
12-28-2013, 10:04 AM
i'm confused. Are they saying they're buying 50 million worth of GPS guided cruise missiles?...

thats not enough...

we march on. We are legion.

pcosmar
12-28-2013, 10:08 AM

Fools and their moneys,,,

A foole & his money,
be soone at debate:
which after with sorow,
repents him to late.

Neil Desmond
12-28-2013, 10:27 AM
They can't crush the grassroots

Yep, that's right. It's like trying to deal with or get rid of bitcoins. They don't understand where it comes from, and it's never going to go away.

Brian4Liberty
12-28-2013, 01:54 PM

Brian4Liberty
12-28-2013, 01:56 PM

Peace&Freedom
12-28-2013, 03:03 PM
The COC developments are follow-up to sentiments Wall Street expressed about their lack of control over the TP in this article from October, during the shutdown:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/government-shutdown-wall-street-tea-party-97734.html?ml=tb

jbauer
12-28-2013, 05:38 PM
The COC developments are follow-up to sentiments Wall Street expressed about their lack of control over the TP in this article from October, during the shutdaown:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/government-shutdown-wall-street-tea-party-97734.html?ml=tb

Sending to our coc. Bunch of crap

Brian4Liberty
12-29-2013, 01:16 PM
The COC developments are follow-up to sentiments Wall Street expressed about their lack of control over the TP in this article from October, during the shutdown:

Good background reference...

anaconda
12-29-2013, 03:57 PM
How does "shrinking the nomination process down to a tight four month window" work against Tea Party candidates?

klamath
12-29-2013, 04:15 PM
How does "shrinking the nomination process down to a tight four month window" work against Tea Party candidates?because it requires a lot of money up front. A candidate doesn't have time to personally get to know the voters, he has to pay for huge media ads and pay for campaign organization big money interests can supply up front.

HOLLYWOOD
12-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Liberals have been pissed at the "Star Chamber" for some while now. I guess as long as we hit them from both directions.
http://www.constantinereport.com/scalia-and-the-u-s-chamber-an-ugly-combination/
Scalia and the Chamber of Commerce: An Ugly Combination
http://www.constantinereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/heil_scalia.jpg

The U.S. Supreme Court’s recent decision in Citizens United v. FEC opened the flood gates for corporate dollars to influence elections. That means the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and its president, Thomas Donahue, must be salivating at the thought of manipulating our democracy even more than they already do.
Donahue & Co. are certain to be major players (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rebecca-abrahams/the-us-chamber-of-commerc_b_441001.html)in the 2010 state and federal elections, reports Rebecca Abrahams at Huffington Post. She points to Mississippi as a cautionary tale that illustrates how the chamber stacks the legislative and judicial decks in favor of corporations–at huge cost to consumers.