PDA

View Full Version : 300 Billboards in 300 Cities

vis-à-vis
11-29-2007, 05:50 AM
We have now surpassed the goal of pledges for the Blimp. Can we organize just like we've done with the Blimp, form a PAC, and put 300 billboards in as many cities?

Figure each board costs approx $2300. We would need to raise $690k to accomplish our goal. This would allow much more exposure than the blimp (the blimp is sweet, I cant wait to see it fly) and will be in every major city.

But organization is key. Can we do it? I definitely think we can. I doubted we could raise $12M. I doubted we could raise enough for the blimp! I was wrong! I think this is a good idea and so let's rally around it if you think it is worthy.

Grassroots FTW!

This is also being discussed at DP: http://dailypaul.com/node/9691#comment-77003

So far the discussion is positive. Will you unite and help us?

StephanieRelfe
11-29-2007, 08:01 AM
We would much rather give to this than to a blimp for a second month.

Sitckiness is key. Billboards are great.

We need much more than just TV since people are starting to stop watching TV.

They key, as you said, is organisation.

Whover organises it should include an audit of every existing billboard, so the program can be integrated around that. The website should have a map where people can visually see where they are. Cost for that should be included in the total cost.

StephanieRelfe
11-29-2007, 08:18 AM
We went to register www.ronpaulbillboards.com but someone is already using it. Should get in touch with that website.

The website for this will need to have a photo of every bill board paid for.

ronpaulbillboards
11-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Great idea! we are in the process of officially becoming a NP so that we can canvass important cities for the Super Tuesday Feb. 5th. We started with the early states and was testing the waters of support and the response has been amazing. We are now confident we have support for our billboard campaign so we will be growing accordingly to accomplish a nation wide effort.
Thanks for your support!

Peace and Liberty

Harold

Ron Paul 2008!!!

Alopederii
11-29-2007, 11:12 AM
What about using Lord Xar's PAC, United for Liberty?

No offense, but we should use someone with a history of managing donations. It would be very easy for someone to collect the cash and run off. Lord Xar has a PAC and has proven himself time and again.

StephanieRelfe
11-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Great suggestion. I don't want to promote this until there is a safe way for people to donate money.

We want hundreds of thousands of dollars. People must be safe in donating this.

And we mustn't give anyone the idea that they can pretend to raise money for RP and get it by paypal and run off with the funds.