PDA

View Full Version : Lon Snowden For Congress! (Edward's father if you don't know)

Bastiat's The Law
12-26-2013, 01:24 AM
This is a spinoff from the Edward for Congress thread. Edward would be impossible, but his father on the other hand would be a very, very intriguing proposition! Look who his attorney is; Constitutional scholar Bruce Fein. He's already got someone within the Liberty Movement by his side.

Lon Snowden for Congress!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sao6W3sNQkQ

HenryHall
12-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Lon Snowden for Vice President! Ron has a real chance if he chooses Lon Snowden as his running mate and promises amnesty and pardon to Edward. Then Ed Snowden can be put in charge of the NSA.

Bastiat's The Law
12-27-2013, 02:11 AM
Lon Snowden for Vice President! Ron has a real chance if he chooses Lon Snowden as his running mate and promises amnesty and pardon to Edward. Then Ed Snowden can be put in charge of the NSA.

nice troll.

HenryHall
12-27-2013, 07:54 AM
nice troll. Opinion will be divided on the NSA, of course. But don't you think a majority of Americans are fed up with the two major parties and their policies on NSA domestic spying?

And most Americans supportive of Ed Snowden, who is not a US resident and so clearly unable to be elected for anything. Who else but Lon Snowden supporters would have any credibility is promising Ed amnesty and pardon?

enhanced_deficit
12-27-2013, 10:50 AM
This is a spinoff from the Edward for Congress thread. Edward would be impossible, but his father on the other hand would be a very, very intriguing proposition! Look who his attorney is; Constitutional scholar Bruce Fein. He's already got someone within the Liberty Movement by his side.

Lon Snowden for Congress!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sao6W3sNQkQ

My fear is that he can win Senate seat even in the heartland of neocon constituency like NY, anywhere else will be even easier for him. Pretty strong name recognition and potential for fun raising that could give sleepless nights to even McCain or Lindsey Graham or Rubio or any other neocon voicebox in senate.

surf
12-27-2013, 11:57 AM
help me out here - what district (or state - PA?) and who would his opponent(s) be?

i'd forgotten how baffled and incredulous Georgie S looked in this interview and how much better Lon sounds than Fein does.

Bastiat's The Law
12-27-2013, 01:08 PM
help me out here - what district (or state - PA?) and who would his opponent(s) be?

i'd forgotten how baffled and incredulous Georgie S looked in this interview and how much better Lon sounds than Fein does.

He lives in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

Bastiat's The Law
12-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Allentown is in Pennsylvania's 15th congressional district, which is a republican district currently represented by Charlie Dent.

XNavyNuke
12-27-2013, 01:20 PM
nice troll.

Please. Un-ranked amateur at best. There are some tips to be learned from the others lurking under the RPF bridge.
XNN

surf
12-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Allentown is in Pennsylvania's 15th congressional district, which is a republican district currently represented by Charlie Dent.
thanks. is he worth a damn?

he hasn't signed on to hr 3361 so I think I just answered my question.

I was very impressed with Mr. Snowden as a father. less so with Fein, but Snowden would work for me. i'd contribute.

enhanced_deficit
12-27-2013, 07:50 PM

A name like Snowden running a House district does not fully exploit the advatanges that the name brings and impose funding burden upon opponent. Who has Senate seat from his area?

Bastiat's The Law
12-28-2013, 12:49 AM
A name like Snowden running a House district does not fully exploit the advatanges that the name brings and impose funding burden upon opponent. Who has Senate seat from his area?

Yeah House seat is small potatoes.

enhanced_deficit
01-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Wonder if any journalists have asked his father about this.

Bastiat's The Law
01-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Wonder if any journalists have asked his father about this.

Maybe we should? Or perhaps start a "Draft Lon for Congress" campaign.

mosquitobite
01-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Maybe we should? Or perhaps start a "Draft Lon for Congress" campaign.

Agree. I think it's brilliant. Especially given Rand's newest headlines of suing over the NSA!!

mosquitobite
01-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Someone needs to get a URL going with a pledge ticker! ;)

Doesn't need to be the formal one for the future, just one to let Lon know he has support.

RunLonRun!

mosquitobite
01-04-2014, 09:57 AM
http://whoismyrepresentative.com/search/zip/18105

Casey and Toomey are the Senators for his residence.

mosquitobite
01-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Casey is up for election in 2014
http://www.conservative-congress.info/pennsylvania_senator_candidates.phtml

Bastiat's The Law
01-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Casey is up for election in 2014
http://www.conservative-congress.info/pennsylvania_senator_candidates.phtml

Replacing Bob Casey with Lon Snowden would be such a coup!

Casey is a co-sponsor of SOPA/PIPA,
Casey voted to ban magazines carrying over 10 rounds, restrict the ability of citizens to buy certain semiautomatic firearms, and voted against a bill that would have allowed concealed carry permits to be valid in every state.
Casey supported Obamacare, naturally.
Casey supported illegal immigrant citizenship.
Casey voted in January 2010 to re-confirm Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

mosquitobite
01-04-2014, 11:01 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bastiat's The Law again.

Also, the establishment can't seem to coalesce around a candidate according to the article I linked.

Despite a very heated race for US Senate in 2014 in Pennsylvania, and despite what appeared to be an imminent open primary, Steve Welch (WelchForPA.com) has taken the PA State Republican Committee endorsement. In a vote that appeared to be much closer from the outside, Welch won on the first ballot cast by simple majority. No small feat when you consider that there were 5 candidates vying for the endorsement. The Welch campaign had been gaining momentum with many endorsements from countywide officials over the last few weeks/months. However, an endorsement by Gov. Tom Corbett Friday launched establishment candidate Steve Welch to the top.

However, at a time when we should be united towards one agenda, defeating Bob Casey- Barack Obama lite, 4 candidates had already made clear their intentions of running despite the State Committee endorsement. This will continue to be a race to watch very closely. Recruiting a top-tier candidate to challenge Senator Bob Casey has been a challenge for Republicans, to say the least. The conservative alternative answer is Marc Scaringi or Sam Rohrer (R).

compromise
01-04-2014, 11:46 AM
He lives in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

Isn't that the same place where the Subway accepts Bitcoins?

compromise
01-04-2014, 11:52 AM
There is little hope of Snowden or any other Republican candidate beating Casey. Casey has high approval statewide and has Pittsburgh and Philly firmly behind him. If Snowden wins the GOP nomination he will face denunciation by half the elected Republicans in the northeast, scaring off moderate voters. The House race is better, but even then his chances aren't too high.

enhanced_deficit
01-04-2014, 12:14 PM
There is little hope of Snowden or any other Republican candidate beating Casey. Casey has high approval statewide and has Pittsburgh and Philly firmly behind him. If Snowden wins the GOP nomination he will face denunciation by half the elected Republicans in the northeast, scaring off moderate voters. The House race is better, but even then his chances aren't too high.

Another very good observation. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?437345-Israel-To-U-S-Don-t-Delay-Iraq-Attack&p=5362424&viewfull=1#post5362424)

Bastiat's The Law
01-04-2014, 12:36 PM

Snowden's name recognition would make this a national race very quickly and he'd also have a national donor base. The NSA spying issue would also put progressives in an extremely awkward position. Many would be completely dumbfounded and likely wouldn't be motivated to go to the polls. Supporting Casey would equate to support for the NSA.

mosquitobite
01-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Snowden's name recognition would make this a national race very quickly and he'd also have a national donor base. The NSA spying issue would also put progressives in an extremely awkward position. Many would be completely dumbfounded and likely wouldn't be motivated to go to the polls. Supporting Casey would equate to support for the NSA.

And with Rand Paul's lawsuit, personally I think the timing is great!

compromise
01-05-2014, 06:47 AM

Polls suggest that many progressives actually support the NSA spying program. The NSA is not a huge issue for much of the American left.