PDA

View Full Version : TX- Mayor says: "So don’t call me and complain about an officer not being very pleasant.”

Anti Federalist
12-26-2013, 12:55 AM
So, fuck off, maggot and move along. - Officer Friendly

Even though being a cop has never been safer, is not in the top ten of most dangerous jobs, and cops killed in 2013 is at a historic low.

Nope, they make everything possible, even Christmas, and they have a tough job, so, if you get treated like shit by a cop, STFU and take it, Mundane, and be happy you didn't get shot.

Suspect killed in shootout with Grand Prairie police was a 16-year-old Mansfield boy

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/12/grand-prairie-authorities-search-for-man-who-shot-at-police-officer.html/

Two Grand Prairie police officers were wounded in a Christmas Day shootout with a man who led authorities on a 10-hour manhunt near Joe Pool Lake.

The suspect was also shot and died in surgery Wednesday evening, said police spokesman Mark Beseda.

The injured officers, whose names had not been released, were both reported to be in good condition. They were released from Methodist Dallas Medical Center Wednesday night with wounds to their “outer extremities” that authorities said never appeared to be life-threatening. The officers are 16 and seven year veterans of the police department.

The suspect, who was identified only as a 16-year-old boy from Mansfield because of his age, was taken by helicopter to the trauma center at Parkland Hospital in Dallas. Authorities didn’t release details of his injuries.

The manhunt started before daybreak after an officer attempted to pull the man over for what was expected to be a routine traffic stop on North Camino Lagos, a residential street less than half a mile from the lake, near North Grand Peninsula Drive and England Parkway.

The suspect led the officer on a brief chase that ended in the middle of an open field, where the suspect abandoned the car he was driving and opened fire. The officer shot back, but neither man was wounded and the suspect escaped into a densely wooded area. It’s unclear what caused the man to flee.

That prompted a search that lasted into the early afternoon as Grand Prairie police were joined by officers from Arlington and Mansfield. SWAT teams hacked through trees and brush while a Department of Public Safety helicopter hovered overhead.

Authorities said it was fortunate the suspect fled to a secluded spot rather than nearby residential areas. But people in the Mira Lagos and Grand Peninsula neighborhoods were still advised to stay indoors during the search.

About 2 p.m., police tracked the suspect to near East Seeton Road, roughly a mile and a half from where the chase started. There the man engaged in another shootout that injured two officers before authorities surrounded him and he was shot.

The mayor said the situation should remind people of the dangerous work police do.

“We take what our officers do for granted,” Jensen said. “We get angry at our officers when they pull us over because they are a little gruff, or they aren’t really pleasant. Folks need to realize that they put themselves at danger.

“They don’t know what a routine traffic stop is going to do. So don’t call me and complain about an officer not being very pleasant.”

Jensen said he visited the hospital room of one of the wounded officers soon after the shooting and found him to be in good spirits. The officer had been shot in the foot and the bullet had exited cleanly, he said.

“He is doing great,” Jensen said. “He’ll be just fine.”

phill4paul
12-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Sounds to me as if they fear for their lives simply by approaching a mundane's car in a routine traffic stop. They should be able to flash-bang any mundane car to disorient the driver until such a time as they have the situation under control. Theyre safety is, after all, paramount in this chaotic and lawless country.

satchelmcqueen
12-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Sounds to me as if they fear for their lives simply by approaching a mundane's car in a routine traffic stop. They should be able to flash-bang any mundane car to disorient the driver until such a time as they have the situation under control. Theyre safety is, after all, paramount in this chaotic and lawless country.seems we now should do the officers a favor anytime we get pulled over. just go ahead and either shoot ourselves in the head and die, so theres no threat, or inject ourselves with a tranquilizer.

this way there is no threat to the officer. except for needle exposure or the mishandling of our gun by the cops afterwards.

phill4paul
12-26-2013, 09:19 AM
seems we now should do the officers a favor anytime we get pulled over. just go ahead and either shoot ourselves in the head and die, so theres no threat, or inject ourselves with a tranquilizer.

this way there is no threat to the officer. except for needle exposure or the mishandling of our gun by the cops afterwards.

You'd be infringing on their right to a "fist-bump."

pcosmar
12-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Somehow I doubt the whole story is anything like what was reported by the police.

Christian Liberty
12-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Sounds to me as if they fear for their lives simply by approaching a mundane's car in a routine traffic stop. They should be able to flash-bang any mundane car to disorient the driver until such a time as they have the situation under control. Theyre safety is, after all, paramount in this chaotic and lawless country.

Don't give them any ideas;)

Somehow I doubt the whole story is anything like what was reported by the police.

It doesn't seem like they even said why they were chasing him. It could have been a drug "crime."

Or the whole story could have been a lie.

At any rate, if you're not willing to deal with that risk, don't be a police officer. Come to think of it, don't be a police officer, period.

TheNung
12-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Highway patrol cars should be outfitted with dual front-mounted .50 cal Browning machine guns and heatseeking barracudas that are fired from a launcher in the trunk.

That way we're safe. as. ****

Ronin Truth
12-26-2013, 10:52 AM
So don't call me and complain about a mayor not getting reelected.

Ronin Truth
12-26-2013, 10:55 AM
seems we now should do the officers a favor anytime we get pulled over. just go ahead and either shoot ourselves in the head and die, so theres no threat, or inject ourselves with a tranquilizer.

You'd probably also get charged for littering.

heavenlyboy34
12-26-2013, 11:22 AM
You mean the public servants aren't really serving the public? :eek: Slander, I say. Reported to Big Sister.