PDA

View Full Version : Debate Videos: Attack Huck if anyone

Rhys
11-29-2007, 04:22 AM
Huck should be our target for our nastier videos and such. I know it's mean, but not if we use his words and deeds against him. There's plenty of ammo to contrast what he said tonight and in the past.

Plus. Huck is RP2008 public enemy #1 right now. He has momentum, and he mostly hasn't been attacked like Paul.

Also, the moral majority folks are going to start finding reasons to like this pastor with promise... and now he's gunning for the fiscal conservatives. I don't know what to do about his christian right, but his fiscal conservative base will be easy.

He's ran his mouth a lot about government should do this and that and basically be a conservative moral nanny state. and there's that golden goose of a tax video.

goRPaul
11-29-2007, 04:35 AM
The Ron Paul campaign as well as our grassroots campaign should steer clear of "nasty" videos that target other candidates. The Fred Thompson video in this debate is a good lesson for this. Also, Huckabee loves it when he gets attacked, that's reason enough not to attack him. It's better to ignore him like the longshot he really is.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 04:40 AM
We don't have to be rude... the man speaks for himself.

synthetic
11-29-2007, 04:43 AM
Huckabee is not a threat to Ron Paul. Forget what the media is pushing on you for a second. Consider, Huckabee has almost no money and has no organization outside of Iowa. You cannot pursue the US presidency with organization in one state. Its really that simple.

The whole Huckabee lovefest serves Rudy alone. Rudy uses Hucks money and name recognition to undermine Romney in Iowa. For this, Rudy gets to bypass the state and save millions by NOT campaigning there.

ButchHowdy
11-29-2007, 04:43 AM
Agreed! But leave his glass eye out of the equation!

Rhys
11-29-2007, 04:46 AM
Huckabee being out there is like dead weight to the Paul camp until he's disqualified, I think. Romney, Rudy and Thompson will take care of eachother. I think McCain could be the real problem in the end... but that's later. I'm talkin day to day, I see Huck needing to get chucked.

t3soro
11-29-2007, 04:49 AM
Huckabee being out there is like dead weight to the Paul camp until he's disqualified, I think. Romney, Rudy and Thompson will take care of eachother. I think McCain could be the real problem in the end... but that's later. I'm talkin day to day, I see Huck needing to get chucked.

How do you see McCain becoming a problem?

Rhys
11-29-2007, 04:51 AM
in a last man standing sort of way.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 04:54 AM
Oh, and also look who's been coming in second online. sometimes not so distant. This means we might just have a better chance at Huck than we do at anyone else... which is convenient since we need to get him.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Huck just beat us in a MSNBC poll.

jumpyg1258
11-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Huck just beat us in a MSNBC poll.

No... MSNBC beat us in that poll.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
doubt it.

Huck's team has the internet too.

angrydragon
11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Ending the IRS: Mike Huckabee (Revenue Neutral) vs. Ron Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS3BxggBTa8

forsmant
11-29-2007, 03:46 PM
The CNN show that was on after the debate and Anderson 360 was all about negative ads. They came to the conclusion that they work. Perhaps we should begin to run negative ads not endorsed by Ron Paul.

ursamajor
11-29-2007, 03:47 PM
just keep telling people about ron paul. no hit pieces. no nasty nothing. the truth will come out. let the media and huckabee do it themselves.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Examples of people who tried to run a clean race and won:

Examples of people who went on the attack and won: everyone including Ron Paul. I heard Paul ran an ad in Texas 20 years ago saying his opponent wants kids to get raped. Paul won.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Ending the IRS: Mike Huckabee (Revenue Neutral) vs. Ron Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS3BxggBTa8

Good job.

We also need to ask what is Fair Tax.

Noleader
11-29-2007, 03:59 PM
just keep telling people about ron paul. no hit pieces. no nasty nothing. the truth will come out. let the media and huckabee do it themselves.

That assumes that the American public at large researches who they vote for. Sadly they do not and I do think Huckabee would lose a lot of support if we started exposing his stances.

angrydragon
11-29-2007, 04:01 PM
The Fairtax is a national sales tax.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Then we can show all the states, including his, who raised sales tax and lost. My state, MI, raised it to 6 cents several years ago, and nothing's ever improved... actually, we had a government shutdown in October.

The people we can ignore is Rudy and Romney. We're not in the same market... highly doubt we can convert trigger happies.... we HAVE to stop Huck now though, cause he could get dangerous.

Matt
11-29-2007, 04:14 PM
I heard Paul ran an ad in Texas 20 years ago saying his opponent wants kids to get raped. Paul won.

Before my time but Lew Rockwell said that's a lie from the guy he defeated.

janeuner
11-29-2007, 04:25 PM
We should not run negative ads.

As it is, Ron Paul comes under fire for the behavior of his supporters. Up until today, this has been a false argument - even a biased observer has to look long and hard to find a RP supporter who is not very careful with their actions. This alone has been a short, effective defense against such accusations.

There is another danger. We are currently "grassroots" supporters. The moment we launch an ad that deals with anything other than positive fact, we lose that innocent label. This movement has ambitions that are bigger than Ron Paul - ultimately this ideology has to fill Congress or else Paul will be a one-term president.

Lord Xar
11-29-2007, 04:41 PM
I agree. I think YOTUBBERS should be making videos showing this guy for what he is..

rpfreedom08
11-29-2007, 04:44 PM
I think we need to start exposing the huckser thats all. Nothing negative needs to be said, he says it all. Just make videos of him flip flopping on the issues. Let the youtubers know what he is really about. Again this can be done in a way that is not negative but informative. Go get em' guys!!!

FreeTraveler
11-29-2007, 04:58 PM
I've done a couple on Giuliani and one on Mitt, and they've all gotten a decent number of views and good ratings. They're not hatchet jobs, just informative reports on positions past and current.

I don't mention the good doctor if I'm commenting on another candidate, although viewing my entire collection makes it plain who I support.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 05:15 PM
We should not run negative ads.

As it is, Ron Paul comes under fire for the behavior of his supporters.

And yet, we never fire back.

Al Gore was a nice guy. Kerry was a nice guy. We're not fighting democrats... we're fighting republicans. I told an independent that I'm making radio ads and they laughed and said "a republican would already have radio ads." I'd add, "republicans already have nasty radio ads".

These aren't democrats, we're not playing with kittens.

JaylieWoW
11-29-2007, 05:22 PM
The Ron Paul campaign as well as our grassroots campaign should steer clear of "nasty" videos that target other candidates. The Fred Thompson video in this debate is a good lesson for this. Also, Huckabee loves it when he gets attacked, that's reason enough not to attack him. It's better to ignore him like the longshot he really is.

+1

Huckabee is not a threat to Ron Paul. I can understand the anger (as I share) about the media finding another darling to back. Huckabee is miles away from Ron Paul and I don't mean in the lead.

As another poster stated in another thread. This is an information war! We're really good at knowing Ron Paul's positions but we should also have the same familiarity with all the other candidates positions as well. Know thy enemy (or in this case political opponent).

I do also agree with getting information out there about the Huckster. He is the worst kind of hypocrite there is, one who cloaks himself in righteousness and touts his theology degree as proof of such. Do NOT engage in dirty politics! Rather, let the Huckster speak for himself! I'm sure there are more than just the two videos out there to find. Research, research, research!

KDT1961
11-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Huckabee is not a threat to Ron Paul. Forget what the media is pushing on you for a second. Consider, Huckabee has almost no money and has no organization outside of Iowa. You cannot pursue the US presidency with organization in one state. Its really that simple.

The whole Huckabee lovefest serves Rudy alone. Rudy uses Hucks money and name recognition to undermine Romney in Iowa. For this, Rudy gets to bypass the state and save millions by NOT campaigning there.

Exactly. Huckabee is going to take votes from Romney, so look for the Romney campaign to come after him hard and fast.

Dr. Paul doesn't engage in attack politics and neither should we.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 05:29 PM
I do also agree with getting information out there about the Huckster. He is the worst kind of hypocrite there is, one who cloaks himself in righteousness and touts his theology degree as proof of such. Do NOT engage in dirty politics!

You just did. not to be rude to you... but do you see why that helped?

TheIndependent
11-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Should the campaign run attack ads? No.

Should its supporters, independently-minded, do so? Hell yes.

It's time to take the gloves off.