PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee: 50-50 chance of running in 2016.

RPfan1992
12-23-2013, 01:07 AM
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) said Sunday there is a 50-50 chance he will run for president in 2016.

Huckabee, who hosts a show on Fox News, made the comments to Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday.”

“I would say maybe at this point, it is 50-50,” he said. “But I don’t know. I don’t know that I would put a percentage on it.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/22/major-republican-says-the-odds-of-him-running-for-president-in-2016-are-50-50/

RonPaulFanInGA
12-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Bad news for Paul and Cruz if he runs, because both of them would run the kind of campaign that bets big on Iowa. Iowa, if past GOP winners such as Pat Robertson, Huckabee and Santorum are any guide, loves them some Christian social conservatives, and every possible 2016 Republican candidate besides Santorum pales in comparison to Huckabee in that regard.

rich34
12-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Bad news for Paul and Cruz if he runs, because both of them would run the kind of campaign that bets big on Iowa. Iowa, if past GOP winners such as Pat Robertson, Huckabee and Santorum are any guide, loves them some Christian social conservatives, and every possible 2016 Republican candidate besides Santorum pales in comparison to Huckabee in that regard.

Well you know Cruz would be parading his communist pastor father out in Iowa every chance he got. Not that that would be a bad thing, Huckabee would certainly have the money to expose Cruz n family. With them two fighting maybe Rand could pick up some of their support. Also even with this bloc going to Santorum in 12 Ron still bout pulled it off if Rand can make even a small dent a win would still be possible.

Christian Liberty
12-23-2013, 10:12 AM
When it comes down to it, I'm not really sure Cruz is any better than Huckabee or Santorum. On paper maybe he is, but I'm convinced if he actually got into the White House he wouldn't be. Cruz is annoying in the Senate ("Protect Israel" "Iran is such a threat" "Blah blah blah") but at least he's no different than the average GOP scum in that regard. In the White House, he's suddenly more powerful.

If Huckabee hurts Cruz, that may be a good thing, although hurting Rand Paul surely is not.

AdamT
12-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Good god please no.

jllundqu
12-23-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: OP

My thoughts on Huck running?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y_ODcECzxGQ/T4sMKffGa8I/AAAAAAAAA88/LnQ8Dvynqbg/s1600/michael-scott-no.gif

Dr.3D
12-23-2013, 11:18 AM
I thought the entire time his program has been on Fox, the reason he had that program was so people could get to know him and when the time was right, they would feel like voting for him.

Looks to me like he thinks the 2016 election is that time.

MichaelDavis
12-23-2013, 11:23 AM

A Huckabee run could be good for us. Paul is polling very well in New Hampshire. If Cruz looses in both Iowa and New Hampshire, he will probably throw his support behind Paul. With a unified "Tea Party", Rand can win the nomination against fakes like Huckabee and Christie.

Warlord
12-23-2013, 12:01 PM

Don't sweat it. There's more than one ticket out of iowa. NH is more important

Cleaner44
12-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Serously? Rebuilding Huck's Army? Could Republican voters actually be that stupid? Just kidding, I know the the answer.

Bastiat's The Law
12-23-2013, 06:37 PM
If Huckabee runs, we would need Santorum to run too...yuck, yuck, YUCK!

Occam's Banana
12-23-2013, 06:49 PM
“I would say maybe at this point, it is 50-50,” he said. “But I don’t know. I don’t know that I would put a percentage on it.”

"... and don't call me Shirley ..."

http://blogs.pop.com.br/cinema/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/CleslienielsentributoCapa.jpg

mad cow
12-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Rand needs some squirrel recipes pronto.

Oyarde?

12-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Why? An old fat white christian minister is not going to be the next potus.

Brett85
12-23-2013, 08:20 PM

Actually, the PPP poll from this month showed that Huckabee took more support away from Christie than anyone else. He apparently gets quite a bit of support from moderate voters.

Christian Liberty
12-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Why? An old fat white christian minister is not going to be the next potus.

True, but he might hurt Rand in the primaries.

green73
12-23-2013, 09:55 PM
They'll do like they did Ron Paul, run a shitload of non-electables only to kill the primary vote.

Warlord
12-23-2013, 10:47 PM
They'll do like they did Ron Paul, run a shitload of non-electables only to kill the primary vote.

And Rand will still come out on top

bolil
12-24-2013, 01:53 AM
Good, he will offer a nice statist fat fuck foil for Rand. People might be dumb, but the person is often otherwise. Besides, Rand will cut through him like a knife through man-form-butter. 2016 is libertie's year. I'm staying in chicago and I hope one of you that knows how to do it actually contacts me with some advice this time, I asked in 11 and no one gave me anything. Or maybe I should just obtain a bullhorn and set up shop on the red line stop on State and Lake. "Hey, People, you have value. Your being "Murican" is irrelevant." rinse and repeat.

Oft evil will doth evil mar. Tolkien, I hope you are right. RIP.

dillo
12-24-2013, 02:40 AM

Ron lost by what 1% in Iowa against Santorum, I think Rand is going to do much better than Ron in debates. Not to mention grassroots made some great strides last cycle, they could pay off in 2016

Original_Intent
12-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Ron lost by what 1% in Iowa against Santorum, I think Rand is going to do much better than Ron in debates. Not to mention grassroots made some great strides last cycle, they could pay off in 2016

Thanks for reminding me of how they only announced the "winner" and somehow "forgot" to mention the rest of the results - even the TeeVee talking heads were scratching their heads and saying "What?....That's it?"

Back on topic - if he is saying 50/50 then duh - he's running.

jkob
12-24-2013, 04:29 AM
Huckabee is a lot stronger candidate than Santorum, this is bad news for Iowa and beyond.

jmdrake
12-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Well it's time to compile our "Why Huck sucks" list.

1) He waffled on the Common Core curriculum. Basically calling it a good idea implemented badly. (So Huck. You really are for a federal takeover of K-12 education as long as they do it right?)

2) He's campaigned for people like Senator Lamar Alexander and called him "conservative" in campaign mailings. (So the senator who wants to open the door to Internet sales taxes, votes with Obama 62% (http://www.redstate.com/jayp/2013/07/27/senator-lamar-alexanders-fishy-voting-record/) of the time, voted for ALL bailouts, voted for cloture for Obamacare and voted to raise the debt ceiling, VOTED FOR CLOTURE ON HARRY REID'S GUN CONTROL BILL, is somehow conservative?)

There's got to be more. Really, I'm sad he ended his radio program because I was planning to call in and take him to task for his support of Lamar Alexander. So here's the deal. You want to stop Huckabee? Help us in Tennessee stop Alexander.

trey4sports
12-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Rand is really an incredible politician. I have a lot of faith that Rand will be competetive with any candidate. Look at the way he has positioned himself as somewhat of a moderate. I mean here is a guy who probably would end the fed, the drug war, just about every single department of the federal government and yet he is seen as more moderate than Ted Cruz because his words are carefully crafted and he works on moving the paradigm rather than blowing up the institution. It just goes to show you that perception trumps reality in politics.

Bastiat's The Law
12-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Well it's time to compile our "Why Huck sucks" list.

1) He waffled on the Common Core curriculum. Basically calling it a good idea implemented badly. (So Huck. You really are for a federal takeover of K-12 education as long as they do it right?)

2) He's campaigned for people like Senator Lamar Alexander and called him "conservative" in campaign mailings. (So the senator who wants to open the door to Internet sales taxes, votes with Obama 62% (http://www.redstate.com/jayp/2013/07/27/senator-lamar-alexanders-fishy-voting-record/) of the time, voted for ALL bailouts, voted for cloture for Obamacare and voted to raise the debt ceiling, VOTED FOR CLOTURE ON HARRY REID'S GUN CONTROL BILL, is somehow conservative?)

There's got to be more. Really, I'm sad he ended his radio program because I was planning to call in and take him to task for his support of Lamar Alexander. So here's the deal. You want to stop Huckabee? Help us in Tennessee stop Alexander.

Try explaining that to the large zombie voting bloc in Iowa (Evangelicals). They still think Santorum was some staunch economic/constitutional conservative.

jjdoyle
12-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Try explaining that to the large zombie voting bloc in Iowa (Evangelicals). They still think Santorum was some staunch economic/constitutional conservative.

Well, considering Santorum wasn't attacked in Iowa until the last 2 days by Rick Perry's campaign, should they have thought anything else? If the zombies get their message from the TV, they didn't see anything but positive mentions of Rick Santorum for nearly the entire month of December.
Sure, you can blame them for not researching on their own, but if they are brain dead zombies, we shouldn't even expect them to research on their own at this point.

compromise
12-24-2013, 03:24 PM
If Huckabee runs, we would need Santorum to run too...yuck, yuck, YUCK!

He's pretty much ensured to run. He's constantly talking about 2016.