PDA

View Full Version : Cop tells wrongful raid homeowner ‘You’re Lucky I Didn’t F--King Shoot You’

phill4paul
12-22-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/cop-who-raided-wrong-house-tells-homeowner-you-re-lucky-i-didn-t-f-king-shoot-you#

A recent college graduate in Washington says he wants an apology after deputies in Spokane County mistakenly raided his home, with guns drawn, giving him the scare of his life.

Conner Guerrero says he noticed somebody sneaking around his yard at night and assumed it was burglars.

“Just trying to enjoy my evening. All the sudden, I see a flashlight shining through my doors…” said Guerrero. “I'm thinking this could be a dangerous situation for me.”

“I come over to my door and I slap it to say hey someone is in this house and they're not going to let you come in here,” he told KREM-TV. “Right as soon as I opened this door, and it's dark outside - it's very dark and all I can see is a pistol.”

A man yelled “Sheriff’s office” and told him to come out of the house.

“I'm wondering why the hell there is a gun being pointed at me right now! They directed me to take a knee, well both knees,” he said. “The gun [was] still drawn.”

Deputies reportedly said Guerrero was trespassing and didn’t live there. Not until they looked at his I.D. did they realize Guerrero did live there and they had the wrong home.

Instead of apologizing, one of the deputies told Guerrero, “You’re lucky I didn’t f--king shoot you.”

“We went to the wrong house, yes … after that they handled the call for what it was advised of,” said Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich. “They showed up, it was a dark house, fresh tire tracks, they were looking for a burglar.”

But officers were responding to a call about a suspicious vehicle, not a burglary.

Guerrero says he's been having trouble sleeping since the incident, but Knezovich blamed him for making it worse.

“You don't pound on a door, open it and slam it that way. Put yourself in the deputies’ position,” said Knezovich.

Knezovic says the Sheriff’s office issued an apology to Guerrero, but Guerrero wants a personal apology from the two deputies who got the wrong house.

Kotin
12-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Fuck your deputies. If you weren't a federally-militarized thug brigade, maybe these things wouldn't happen..

If he had shot him, he would have gotten a bonus, I'm sure.

Anti Federalist
12-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Knezovic says the Sheriff’s office issued an apology to Guerrero, but Guerrero wants a personal apology from the two deputies who got the wrong house.

Fuck you, maggot.

Wait 'til we catch you driving alone some night. - Officer Friendly.

VoluntaryAmerican
12-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Apology? How about a lawsuit.

Dr.3D
12-22-2013, 01:21 PM
The cop should be thankful he didn't get shot by the homeowner.

aGameOfThrones
12-22-2013, 01:59 PM
The cop should be thankful he didn't get shot by the homeowner.

It's illegal to shoot a cop who illegally enters your house to terrorize you.

Dr.3D
12-22-2013, 02:03 PM
How are you supposed to know it's a cop? Any common thug can yell, "police."

JK/SEA
12-22-2013, 02:22 PM
yeah, you might want to send christmas cards to these cops and apologize for asking for an apology, with a coupon for some donuts inside the card..

aGameOfThrones
12-22-2013, 03:39 PM

By asking them first.

A common thug would yell, "police, search warrant."

A common police thug would yell, "....................."

Occam's Banana
12-22-2013, 04:21 PM

You aren't supposed to know. Knowing requires thinking, and thinking interferes with your ability & willingness to submit.
If it is a cop, your skepticism obstructs him in the performance of his duty. (Ignorance of his copness is no excuse.)
If it is not a cop, then your unwillingness to comply in the face of the fact that it might have been a cop is problematic.

Your unhesitating willingness to comply with anyone who might be a cop is all that matters.
Just so long as you always submit to cops, why should cops care whether you might end up submitting to a (non-cop) thug?

Pericles
12-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Do these guys really think that I àm going to tolerate living in a country that when your door is busted open, you're supposed to think: "hey, that could be the police"?

Uriel999
12-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Put a sign in your yard: "all trespassers will be shot, ESPECIALLY police and fedcoats."

ClydeCoulter
12-22-2013, 06:12 PM

Actually, it depends on the state. In Indiana you have a right to protect yourself from illegal law enforcement entry. I'm still waiting for the first case to test those waters, but I'm not in a hurry. :)

aGameOfThrones
12-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Actually, it depends on the state. In Indiana you have a right to protect yourself from illegal law enforcement entry. I'm still waiting for the first case to test those waters, but I'm not in a hurry. :)

Nothing more than the legislature buying votes. Once enough mundanes get injured those legislators will see the light. Sometimes you have to sacrifice freedom for safety.... but not your safety.

Anti Federalist
12-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Do these guys really think that I àm going to tolerate living in a country that when your door is busted open, you're supposed to think: "hey, that could be the police"?

We already are.

In fact, based on where I live, if a bunch of armed goons kick in my door in the middle of the night, I'm going to assume they are cops.

Dr.3D
12-22-2013, 06:32 PM
One would think the good guys would knock on the door and the bad guys would simply break it down. Seems like about the time the door pops open, those who broke it down should expect a few rounds of 00 buck to come flying in their direction.

ClydeCoulter
12-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Nothing more than a court doing Judicial activism. Once enough mundanes get injured those Judges will see the light. Sometimes you have to sacrifice freedom for safety.... but not your safety.

The legislation recently passed was because of Judicial activism, where the Indiana Supreme Court ruled against a person defending his home against warrantless entry. The legislators passed a law that explicitly includes defense against warrantless and unlawful entry to the Castle Doctrine.

GunnyFreedom
12-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Put a sign in your yard: "all trespassers will be shot, ESPECIALLY police and fedcoats."

If you do that then you will need to surround your compound with tank barricades. :p

Henry Rogue
12-22-2013, 07:42 PM
How are you supposed to know it's a cop? Any common thug can yell, "police."How are you supposed to know all the thousands, perhaps millions of laws, statutes and regulations? Yet they will punish you regardless of ignorance. It is why ask, is it necessary for a government to create new laws or are Natural Laws writ at governments inception sufficient for a government to govern?

Uriel999
12-22-2013, 07:49 PM
If you do that then you will need to surround your compound with tank barricades. :p

Personably I want a moat...with gators in it. Or maybe sharks with fricking laser beams on their heads!

Also, the more I think about it the best response to that cop would have been: "funny I was thinking the exact same thing."

Christian Liberty
12-22-2013, 07:53 PM

+rep.

I can't stand the scumbags who do this crap...

pcosmar
12-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Right now,, I am glad I am at the end of a 1/4 mile of snow filled road.

Snow shoes or sled.. they ain't driving up.

Uriel999
12-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Right now,, I am glad I am at the end of a 1/4 mile of snow filled road.

Snow shoes or sled.. they ain't driving up.

Are you forgetting they have MRAPS? They will drive up if they want to.

jjdoyle
12-23-2013, 12:13 AM
Apology? How about a lawsuit.

That's why he is having trouble sleeping at night. :D
Lawyer will eat it up, they'll settle out of court. He'll probably make a few grand.

Pericles
12-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Are you forgetting they have MRAPS? They will drive up if they want to.

Check out the technical manual on those - they have about zero off road capability.

LibForestPaul
12-23-2013, 08:24 PM
You aren't supposed to know. Knowing requires thinking, and thinking interferes with your ability & willingness to submit.
If it is a cop, your skepticism obstructs him in the performance of his duty. (Ignorance of his copness is no excuse.)
If it is not a cop, then your unwillingness to comply in the face of the fact that it might have been a cop is problematic.

Your unhesitating willingness to comply with anyone who might be a cop is all that matters.
Just so long as you always submit to cops, why should cops care whether you might end up submitting to a (non-cop) thug?

That is beautiful.