PDA

View Full Version : Arsonist Targetting Marion County, FL Law Enforcement

SeanTX
12-21-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm not necessarily condoning this sort of thing, I just found it interesting ...

http://ocalapost.com/arsonist-targeting-law-enforcement-marion-county/

Arsonist Targeting Law Enforcement In Marion County

House torched by arsonist

Ocala, Florida — Marion County law enforcement are under attack, and this time it’s not from the Commission.

Marion county has an arsonist that is targeting law enforcement. As with any arsonist the fear of him/her evolving is always a possibility, according to experts. Experts agree that this is a situation that should not be taken lightly. The possibility of law enforcement or Marion County residents being harmed is real and everyone is being asked to be on high alert.

As residents will see from the time frame below, the arsonist is displaying boldness by setting two of the fires in late evening and not always hiding in the darkness of early morning hours.

Numerous vehicles and a residence in the Whispering Pines Subdivision have been the target of an arsonist. The Marion County Sheriff’s Office, in conjunction with the State Fire Marshal’s Office and the Ocala Police Department has worked harmoniously to capture the person(s) responsible for the following acts:

snip

• On September 29, 2013 at 9:30 p.m. the personal vehicle of a Marion County Sheriff’s Deputy was burned in his driveway, near Whispering Pines Subdivision on S.W. 103rd Street Road.

• On October 7, 2013 at 1:43 a.m. the marked patrol vehicle of a Marion County Sheriff’s Deputy was burned in his driveway, Whispering Pines Subdivision off of S.W. 103rd Street Road.

• On October 13, 2013 at 1:30 a.m. the marked patrol vehicle and the personal vehicle of an Ocala Police Department Officer was burned in her driveway, Whispering Pines Subdivision off of S.W. 103rd Street Road.

snip

aGameOfThrones
12-21-2013, 11:31 AM
I guess to the "freedom fighter" the cops finally crossed the line.

http://medias.omgif.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/dont-cross-the-line.gif

tod evans
12-21-2013, 11:39 AM
So somebody torched two cop cars and a cops personal vehicle...

No tears shed.

DamianTV
12-21-2013, 12:24 PM
I couldnt hear you over the sound of me chewing on my Waah-burger and Freedom Fries! Anyone want a Whine-ekin to wash that down with?

Its almost as if people were trying to hold police personally responsible for their continued sustained abuses on them...

Cleaner44
12-21-2013, 12:34 PM
If this happens more and more to cops that illegally beat, frame and kills people... I wouldn't mind. This strike me as a variation of the quote that JFK made.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

When the system protects bad cops and there is no remedy through official channels, then people will fight back in other ways.

tod evans
12-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Its almost as if people were trying to hold police personally responsible for their continued sustained abuses on them...

Glad to hear it...

CPUd
12-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Whoever it was had some balls to hit 3 vehicles at the same address.

Danke
12-21-2013, 12:55 PM
No cops hurt, probably just the taxpayers.

pcosmar
12-21-2013, 01:10 PM

Noticed that too.

Seems the target may be just one individual. and not all cops as the narrative suggests.

Henry Rogue
12-21-2013, 01:11 PM
It hurt their feelings, they're not feeling the love.

Pericles
12-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Elsewhere, this may be considered blowback.

ghengis86
12-21-2013, 02:25 PM

Husband and wife deputy/police couple? Definitely is targeted and personal it would seem

Anti Federalist
12-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Roger Pion II

Anti Federalist
12-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Bump

GunnyFreedom
12-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Noticed that too.

Seems the target may be just one individual. and not all cops as the narrative suggests.

The cited address was just a street, not an actual street address. It's actually pretty common for most of the police in a given department to live in the same subdivision. I do not know if this Whispering Pines is a cop neighborhood or not, but it's awfully common here in NC.

Anti Federalist
12-21-2013, 09:14 PM
The cited address was just a street, not an actual street address. It's actually pretty common for most of the police in a given department to live in the same subdivision. I do not know if this Whispering Pines is a cop neighborhood or not, but it's awfully common here in NC.

Copland.

<shudder>

phill4paul
12-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Moar fodder for the Just-Us vs. them mentality. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It is, after all, only property damage.

acptulsa
12-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Noticed that too.

What? A media source spinning a story? And then reporting the facts so everyone and his dog can see that they're spinning the snot out of the story? And credibility be damned?

Amazing, isn't it?

fr33
12-21-2013, 10:53 PM

Taxpayers share some guilt for paying those cops.

pcosmar
12-21-2013, 11:22 PM

That is possible. perhaps they all get some special deal. Like a kickback (bribe)

It would make targeting them easy, so it is a tactically unsound decision.

phill4paul
12-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Maybe they were outdated cruisers and it was a decision to collect insurance for some new ones.

Pericles
12-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Maybe they were outdated cruisers and it was a desition to collect insurance for some new ones.
Were it New Jersey or Chicago, I'd be right there with you.

oyarde
12-22-2013, 12:23 AM
That is possible. perhaps they all get some special deal. Like a kickback (bribe)

I think it is farly common . I have seen housing additions like that near me . I suspect it is because while they are pd fairly well , can afford a house , its not enough for anything more than the houses going up in sub divisions.....

acptulsa
12-22-2013, 12:30 AM
I think it is farly common . I have seen housing additions like that near me . I suspect it is because while they are pd fairly well , can afford a house , its not enough for anything more than the houses going up in sub divisions.....

Obviously it isn't a gated community. Obviously it should be.

It would be handy to have them all behind bars. All the easier to lock them in...

GunnyFreedom
12-22-2013, 01:21 AM

Oftentimes, a developer will offer cops a steep discount. They justify that saying that a neighborhood full of cops is a neighborhood with a very low crime rate, and not wanting to deal with the headaches of owning a crime-ridden development they will offer steep discounts to cops, who will only ever make up at best 20-30% of the development's population, but allegedly (in the development owner's mind anyway) have a dramatic impact to reduce crime rates.

I am guessing that the development owners who do this aren't actually doing the badge-worship thing, they just see dollar-signs from non-cop tenants paying full price to live in a "safe" neighborhood, and you better believe that "one third of the people who live here are police, and we have the lowest crime rates in the city" is a huge marketing point for these people.

CPUd
12-22-2013, 03:17 AM
I know one who parks his car at the edge of his driveway, facing the street. You can tell who the locals are, because they aren't the ones slamming their brakes when they drive by.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-22-2013, 03:40 AM
I love it how the media always equate some 'attacks' on cops, as an extreme danger to the rest of us aka non-State enforcers. Note how they equate the two. Ah, propaganda and State-worship conditioning.

Marion county has an arsonist that is targeting law enforcement. >> Marion County residents being harmed is real and everyone is being asked to be on high alert.

Yeah...ok...Cops are some of the biggest fucking pussies. They can dish it, but as soon as the heat (har pun) starts rising they become the most unglued, unhinged, paranoid people you've ever seen. Case in point: Dorner. I can't imagine the response of the police if an actual Revolution occurred.

Scrapmo
12-22-2013, 05:32 AM
Obvious answer is to increase their budget....

tod evans
12-22-2013, 05:43 AM
Obvious answer is to increase their budget....

More laws too....:rolleyes:

pcosmar
12-22-2013, 06:49 AM
I can't imagine the response of the police if an actual Revolution occurred.

I can,, imagine it.

Dorner was not targeting anyone. He was Targeted. He was hiding.

And he was within striking distance of them and never fired a shot.

Scrapmo
12-22-2013, 07:11 AM
I can't imagine the response of the police if an actual Revolution occurred.

Most would have no part of it.They would strip off that uniform and never speak of it again if they could. Just think of anytime a cop, or swat team encounters a truly dangerous and violent person. What do they do? They rope off the area, gather every available officer, stand 100 yards back and have a starring contest for hours on end. But if its a family sleeping at 2 am, 110 pound woman, a rat terrier or 15 cops vs. one unarmed man in cuffs, watch out they are real bad asses then.

During columbine, hundreds of Cops and dozens of SWAT teams stood outside while the shooting was occurring. Why? Officer safety. Not only that, they frisked and searched all the victims as they came out of the school. To top it off, no one was allowed in until 2 hours after the shooter killed themselves, not the cops, not the paramedics, no one. Meanwhile, several people were bleeding out.

If a revolution were to occur, I imagine a few would be game, but most are GIANT FUCKING COWARDS.

Scrapmo
12-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Of course I should also say that I doubt a revolution of any sort is going to happen in my life time. The cable would have to go out and people would have to miss a meal or two before they decided to get off the couch.

Barrex
12-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Of course I should also say that I doubt a revolution of any sort is going to happen in my life time. The cable would have to go out and people would have to miss a meal or two before they decided to get off the couch.

That is not the spirit of Great Groucho.... please dont defame him like that.

People in ex-yugoslavia had same way of thinking...and then war started.

Scrapmo
12-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Actually groucho was a lifelong pessimist. I am too and see little reason for optimism for this country.
People who are well fed and entertained arent going to buck the system. They are going to keep eating and keep watching american idol.
To prove my point the closest thing I hve seen to a call to arms was recently...when A&E droped Some guy named Phil from a reality tv show. That is what people care about.
To go even further, if we went into a full blown police state tomorrow, with neighborhood round ups and executions, I believe the average american would watch thier entire family get shot then kindly get on thier knees and wait for thier turn while the pigs reload.
I have no hope for this generation, I beleive we have hit a point where writing and education that pertains to liberty is being done soley for posterity.

Pericles
12-22-2013, 11:37 AM
When government fall, the worm turns surprisingly fast. Once the revolutionaries experience some success, the snowball effect is tremendous, and the rot causes collapse in short order.

Barrex
12-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Actually groucho was a lifelong pessimist. I am too and see little reason for optimism for this country.
People who are well fed and entertained arent going to buck the system. They are going to keep eating and keep watching american idol.
To prove my point the closest thing I hve seen to a call to arms was recently...when A&E droped Some guy named Phil from a reality tv show. That is what people care about.
To go even further, if we went into a full blown police state tomorrow, with neighborhood round ups and executions, I believe the average american would watch thier entire family get shot then kindly get on thier knees and wait for thier turn while the pigs reload.
I have no hope for this generation, I beleive we have hit a point where writing and education that pertains to liberty is being done soley for posterity.

Even pessimist will say about you that you are a pessimist....
I intend to live forever, or die trying-Groucho
Doesnt sound like pessimist.

:D

Czolgosz
12-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Burn it *all* down.

RJB
12-22-2013, 03:40 PM

"Revolution? Cool, what channel is it on?" asked Boobus Americanus.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/couch-potato-8097916.jpg