PDA

View Full Version : 'You can't win' guy previously asked by CNN to edit a question.

James R
11-29-2007, 03:26 AM
Mark Strauss of Davenport IA asked a question directed at Ron Paul during the CNN debate starting "I think we both know that the Republican party is never going to give you the nomination." However, the Huffington Post has previously run a story involving Mark Strauss in the Democratic debate saying:
"CNN didn't just "pick the questions." They identified contributors and in some cases worked with them to shape the video. Mark Strauss from Davenport, Iowa, ... told OffTheBus that "CNN called him and requested that he re-shoot the question and keep it to twenty-seven seconds."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/off-the-bus-reporter/no-sport-of-kings-how-th_b_57656.html

While Mark Strauss has made numerous public political statements, he has never publicaly expressed support for Ron Paul either on his YouTube site (http://www.youtube.com/user/nexpres) or on his website (http://www.my-america.biz/index.html).

However, Strauss publicly stated in April that he likes Democrat Bill Richardson, saying:
"He's not keen on any of the Democratic candidates at this point though he admits to liking Bill Richardson."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/off-the-bus-reporter/no-sport-of-kings-how-th_b_57656.html

acmegeek
11-29-2007, 03:35 AM
I knew it... especially if you saw his follow-up after the debate... equally scripted/crafted by CNN... He basically said that RP had no chance and that even as an independent, he'd have to go through 3 election cycles to get enough independent support in Congress to make anything happen. If you can find it, please post that video. It was very telling how he worded his response. No way it was off-the-cuff.

Too bad, all their efforts only helped the good doctor...

yoshimaroka
11-29-2007, 03:50 AM
Apparently he also asked a question on the Democrat Youtube debate. Is this true?

James R
11-29-2007, 04:11 AM
Apparently he also asked a question on the Democrat Youtube debate. Is this true?

Yes, but because he is apparently a registered independent, that fact isn't particularly suspicious. What is suspicious to me is that he has never said anything good about Ron Paul in public, in combination with the fact that CNN has solicited edited material from him in the past.

Mark
11-29-2007, 04:11 AM
It's criminal how the MSM trys to manipulate the public.

Where are their loyalties to America? To this great country? Traitors.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-29-2007, 04:15 AM
lol that guy is getting hammered. I checked out his comments section on his youtube ha ha I bet he's getting tons of messages

wisconsinite
11-29-2007, 04:17 AM
In any case, the reasoning behind his question is BS because Iowans can change party affiliation on caucus night. If he really supports Ron Paul, there is nothing preventing him from registering Republican on or before January 3 and casting his vote for Ron Paul.

Mortikhi
11-29-2007, 05:20 AM
These shenanigans will continue until the home addresses of those responsible are made public.

If they are going to stick their necks out there to manipulate what people see, then they can accept the consequences when people know where they sleep.

sharedvoice
11-29-2007, 05:21 AM
I knew it... especially if you saw his follow-up after the debate... equally scripted/crafted by CNN... He basically said that RP had no chance and that even as an independent, he'd have to go through 3 election cycles to get enough independent support in Congress to make anything happen. If you can find it, please post that video. It was very telling how he worded his response. No way it was off-the-cuff.

Too bad, all their efforts only helped the good doctor...

SO TRUE! VIDEO on my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_of7w174QU0

Menthol Patch
11-29-2007, 05:24 AM
Lets prove CNN wrong and humiliate them by raising 12 million dollars by the end of tomorrow!

That is the best way to make them look like the IDIOTS they are!

ionlyknowy
11-29-2007, 05:29 AM
These shenanigans will continue until the home addresses of those responsible are made public.

If they are going to stick their necks out there to manipulate what people see, then they can accept the consequences when people know where they sleep.

Yes! We need a list that has everyone that has ever defaced RP in any way.

Someone build a website that "registers" these people, with voting that allows users to vote on if the particular listing is an actual "offender" or not.

BeFranklin
11-29-2007, 05:32 AM
Mark Strauss of Davenport IA asked a question directed at Ron Paul during the CNN debate starting "I think we both know that the Republican party is never going to give you the nomination." However, the Huffington Post has previously run a story involving Mark Strauss in the Democratic debate saying:
"CNN didn't just "pick the questions." They identified contributors and in some cases worked with them to shape the video. Mark Strauss from Davenport, Iowa, ... told OffTheBus that "CNN called him and requested that he re-shoot the question and keep it to twenty-seven seconds."

While Mark Strauss has made numerous public political statements, he has never publicaly expressed support for Ron Paul either on his YouTube site (http://www.youtube.com/user/nexpres) or on his website (http://www.my-america.biz/index.html).

However, Strauss publicly stated in April that he likes Democrat Bill Richardson, saying:
"He's not keen on any of the Democratic candidates at this point though he admits to liking Bill Richardson."

Document it all in one thread later today, lets get writing and video-ing. (Don't forget the beck piece from CNN)

justinc.1089
11-29-2007, 05:43 AM
Yes! We need a list that has everyone that has ever defaced RP in any way.

Someone build a website that "registers" these people, with voting that allows users to vote on if the particular listing is an actual "offender" or not.

Well I think it should be more for slander and manipulation of facts type stuff, but yeah I'm for that too because this is just getting ridiculous. The media thinks they own America and have the right to tell people how to vote. Its pathetic. It reminds me of my highschool journalism class writing our highschool paper. If we liked something what do you think our "student polls" showed? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ionlyknowy
11-29-2007, 05:54 AM
I think that if we had this then people would think before they talked.. or they wouldnt talk at all... that would be the only blowback from this...

But I def. think that a list would be good. Because when we win, we want to know who opposed us...

We may forget that some did this to us, and I think documenting it in one place would be best.

Think about it in the future.. you are a hiring manager and before you hire someone you go check the AnitRP list.

Or if you are voting for someone in your community, then make sure you check the Anti RP list.

Conza88
11-29-2007, 07:26 AM
CNN called you right? Like they did with your Democratic debate question.

If you had a conscience, you would realise your actions - practically symbolize, spitting in the face of the founding fathers.

You'll go down in history, you'll be taught in lessons in the future. You'll be covered in the unit about 'Public Manipulation by the MSM', you'll be given as a prime example.

You want fame. But you sold your soul. I pity you & everything you represent.

Enjoy mediocrity, also please bet your house on Ron Paul not winning the nomination. I'll help you move your furniture.

- Tried to post that on his comment section, keep getting an error. Anyone help me out? :(

LFOD
11-29-2007, 07:33 AM

No, we absolutely do NOT need to harass people by publishing home addresses.

user
11-29-2007, 07:44 AM
I hope the other media outlets pick this up to discredit CNN.

Mortikhi
11-29-2007, 07:49 AM
No, we absolutely do NOT need to harass people by publishing home addresses.

Someone has to be held accountable and right now, the American people have no one to show our disapproval.
The lies keep streaming into our living rooms with impunity.

Boycotts don't work against multi-billion dollar multi-national companies.

Letting them know that we know where you lay your head at night seems to be the only option at this point.

If you have a better idea, please share it.

FreeTraveler
11-29-2007, 07:56 AM
Someone has to be held accountable and right now, the American people have no one to show our disapproval.
The lies keep streaming into our living rooms with impunity.

Boycotts don't work against multi-billion dollar multi-national companies.

Letting them know that we know where you lay your head at night seems to be the only option at this point.

If you have a better idea, please share it.

+1000