PDA

View Full Version : NYC Bans Indoor Use Of E-Cigarettes

green73
12-19-2013, 06:29 PM
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The New York City Council approved legislation Thursday to ban the use of electronic cigarettes from indoor public spaces where smoking is already prohibited.

E-cigarettes have been endorsed by celebrities, marketed in multiple flavors and are soaring in popularity.

Battery operated, the device heats up liquid nicotine and delivers a chemical-infused vapor. They are billed by many manufacturers as the cigarettes you can smoke anywhere, but that is no longer true in New York City.

E-cigarettes are now prohibited in the same places as traditional cigarettes and other tobacco products throughout the city.

cont.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/12/19/city-council-to-vote-on-indoor-e-cigarettes-ban/

aGameOfThrones
12-19-2013, 06:41 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Oh..+Source+-+Humanity+has+declined_2ba8e5_4588824.gif

2young2vote
12-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Well, duh. That water vapor is dangerous! I got second hand vaped the other day and now I have cancer.

DamianTV
12-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Oh for fucks sake. Thank you Mr Mayor Banberg.

Does anyone here actually support banning E-Cigarettes? And why?

aGameOfThrones
12-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Oh for fucks sake. Thank you Mr Mayor Banberg.

Does anyone here actually support banning E-Cigarettes? And why?

It makes real smokers uncomfortable.

DamianTV
12-19-2013, 08:52 PM
It makes real smokers uncomfortable.

I dont see why they would. Or, did I just miss the sarcasm?

phill4paul
12-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Under what fucking grounds? Endangerment to others?

No. Because we fucking said so!

Get it? Got it? Good.

Anti Federalist
12-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Under what fucking grounds? Endangerment to others?

No. Because we fucking said so!

Get it? Got it? Good.

Hopefully these maggots will understand some day.

You fucking do what we say, when we say, ok?

fr33
12-19-2013, 11:20 PM
It's a dumb law and there is more of this BS happening/coming nation-wide. Many people and their dear leaders at local, state, and federal levels have been conditioned to discriminate against people that puff on something. Maybe e-cigs should look more like asthma inhalers. Nah then they'll require prescriptions if you concede that.

For the positive spin on this; there is a large and growing e-cig movement of people getting off tobacco cigarettes and it's waking many of those people up to the reality of the irrational and contradictory nanny state. E-cigs are an effective smoking cessation device. Former smokers are seeing these ridiculous laws pass and applying their disdain for it to other ridiculous laws. People are seeing that the emperor has no clothes.

phill4paul
12-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Hopefully these maggots will understand some day.

You fucking do what we say, when we say, ok?

Have a friend that owns a restaurant. Bought the small space next to it and expanded to a whiskey/craft beer joint. First night open to the public I'm sitting with my lady's cousin. He "fires" up a cigar vape. 7 minutes later my friend comes over and asks if we are smoking (realize it's against the law in N.C. now). We show him the vape. Offer it and he takes a drag. He likes it. He went and told the petty tyrants if they didn't like it they could leave. On opening night. Freedom. Until the next N.C. general assembly. Go states rights!

jonhowe
12-20-2013, 12:06 AM
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!

To be honest, though, everyone who uses those in the bar I work p/t at is using them for, uh, non tobacco purposes. But you know what? It doesn't smell. There's no smoke. No one else gets any contact "high" or "cancer". It is a victimless non-crime no matter what you stick in there.

As a non-cig smoker (but as someone who enjoys, uh, non tobacco vaping and smoking), a no-soda drinker, and a natural avoider of trans-fats, this is the first of Nanny B's fits of idiocy to affect me personally. I thought I'd made it through 3 years here in NYC safe. I loathe to imagine DiBlasio's bans (though, I think he's cool with my non-tobacco. I also thought Obama would be, though...).

Anti Federalist
12-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Have a friend that owns a restaurant. Bought the small space next to it and expanded to a whiskey/craft beer joint. First night open to the public I'm sitting with my lady's cousin. He "fires" up a cigar vape. 7 minutes later my friend comes over and asks if we are smoking (realize it's against the law in N.C. now). We show him the vape. Offer it and he takes a drag. He likes it. He went and told the petty tyrants if they didn't like it they could leave. On opening night. Freedom. Until the next N.C. general assembly. Go states rights!

Rest assured, the HalfBacks will correct this obvious oversight shortly.

phill4paul
12-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Rest assured, the HalfBacks will correct this obvious oversight shortly.

I have no fucking doubt. None. Zero. The foots in the door and the battering ram is next. Complete with flashbangs and a big serving of "Fuck you.'

Cleaner44
12-20-2013, 12:23 AM
At this point I hope it just gets worse and worse for the people in NY. Let them surrender their freedoms until it chokes them.

jonhowe
12-20-2013, 12:33 AM
At this point I hope it just gets worse and worse for the people in NY. Let them surrender their freedoms until it chokes them.

Hey, a lot of really good people live here. And most of us DON'T LIKE THIS CRAP. No one I have ever met (and I work on both wall street and in a dive bar, I meet a wide range of people across 3 boroughs) supported the 'soda ban'. Most of them don't like the smoking ban in parks. People went nuts when they heard Styrofoam might be banned. And I assure you no one likes this one either.

Just like no one likes congress, but every congressman is reelected; it's the same way in the city council. I like to quiz people: name me as many of your city, state, and federal representatives as you can. Everyone gets Schumer, and that's almost always it.

phill4paul
12-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Hey, a lot of really good people live here. And most of us DON'T LIKE THIS CRAP. No one I have ever met (and I work on both wall street and in a dive bar, I meet a wide range of people across 3 boroughs) supported the 'soda ban'. Most of them don't like the smoking ban in parks. People went nuts when they heard Styrofoam might be banned. And I assure you no one likes this one either.

Just like no one likes congress, but every congressman is reelected; it's the same way in the city council. I like to quiz people: name me as many of your city, state, and federal representatives as you can. Everyone gets Schumer, and that's almost always it.

Must be a minority. Otherwise things would be different. No?

jonhowe
12-20-2013, 12:48 AM
Must be a minority. Otherwise things would be different. No?

I'd say no. The majority of New Yorkers are good people and are "halfway there". Most want to end the war on drugs, war profiteering, war in general, bank bailouts, NSA spying, etc. But think about it, this is where wall street is actually located. This is where 9-11 happened; "see something say something". We have a lot working against liberty here.

Plus, if your thesis is "NYC is going off the rails, therefor most people there are bad", wouldn't that have to be your thesis on the USA as well? Or, heck, the world?