PDA

View Full Version : The whole become a church idea to stop paying property tax is being tried in Keene, NH

Keith and stuff
12-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Have you ever tried this type of activism? Do you know anyone that has tried this type of activism? I don't own a duplex in a high property tax city, or a home at all. Sure, I live in a home but my rent is about the same as the average home owner's property taxes. Anyway, did it work out for you, him or her? I am not sure how to feel about this type of activism. It will be interesting to follow what happens with the Shire Free Church and this particular duplex in Keene, NH. My guess is either it will be taken by city of Keene or the property taxes and penalties city of Keene claims the Church owes will be paid. Ian Freeman doesn't believe that a church has to file government paperwork as a church to be exempt from taxes. We shall see.

Shire Free Church Donates $1,431 to “City of Keene”
December 19, 2013 by Ian
http://freekeene.com/2013/12/19/shire-free-church-donates-1431-to-city-of-keene/

Yesterday, Darryl W. Perry and I went and paid a visit to the “City of Keene” building and cut them a check for valued services provided, but forbade them from using the money to aggress against peaceful people. Here’s the full text of the letter we delivered with a check for $1,431.21 and their property tax bill demanding $3,045.13:

To our neighbors calling themselves the “City of Keene”:

Greetings! This letter is in response to the letter sent to us on 2013-09-19 by Daniel J. Langille, “City Assessor”. In his letter, Mr. Langille references your society’s statutes (RSAs) and seems to suggest that they somehow apply to the Shire Free Church. The Shire Free Church is not part of your society. Your society is based on coercion, and as a peace church, we cannot be a part of a group that uses coercion against peaceful people.

If it is your position that the Shire Free Church is subject to your statutes, then please cite the facts that lead you to that conclusion. Specifically, please explain, step-by-step, how the Shire Free Church and its ministers are obligated to obey your ordinances and statutes and how our property, in this case the parsonages at 73 & 75 Leverett St., is similarly obligated. Is it your claim that you own the property in question?

To be clear, we are not organized under your “state” – we are organized by God.

That said, as good neighbors, we will be contributing an amount to your organization to further select useful services that you provide. The funds we are providing today are only to go to city operations that are peaceful and not based on the threat of violence, like road maintenance, public works, parks, fire protection, library, administration, and human services. You are authorized to distribute funds to the Keene police department, but only if they will be used to protect people from criminals who actually have an identifiable victim.

While we at the Shire Free Church support education, we do not support coerced education, so we are excluding the education portion of your property tax request. That leaves $1,431.21 remaining of your requested $3,045.13.

In addition, we will, as a courtesy to you, fill out your BTLA Form A-9 prior to April 15th. We are not doing this out of any sense of obligation to follow your statues, but merely as a courtesy, as we understand that your organization has certain processes that you follow. We are not obligated to your decision on this matter, unless you can somehow prove that the Shire Free Church is obligated to your society’s ordinances and statutes, as requested above.
In peace,

Our letter was in response to this letter from their “Tax Assessor”, which was sent to us in reply to our initial notice that the property was now church-owned parsonages.

Here is a video Darryl shot just after the check was delivered to “the City”:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhWFW-KZW20

IDefendThePlatform
02-05-2016, 05:34 AM
What a well written letter. Even just spelling this out in plain English for people is a big step forward. Get people thinking.

I saw they were denied tax exempt status, any more updates on this?

The FSP triggering the move the other day was great news and seems really under-discussed even on liberty minded websites.

jmdrake
02-05-2016, 05:41 AM
Boss! Sounds like how Jesus dealt with Peter after Peter stuck his foot in his mouth and said "Sure we pay the temple tax!"

24 After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the temple tax?”

25 “Yes, he does,” he replied.

When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak. “What do you think, Simon?” he asked. “From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own children or from others?”

26 “From others,” Peter answered.

“Then the children are exempt,” Jesus said to him. 27 “But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.”

He paid the tax, but in a way that showed to Peter that He didn't really need to pay it.

orafi
02-05-2016, 06:25 AM
What are you hoping will happen if everyone stops paying property taxes?

Occam's Banana
02-05-2016, 07:02 AM
I am approve these shenanigans.

presence
02-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Thread needs soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-6N5ttrKE

bunklocoempire
02-05-2016, 12:16 PM
What are you hoping will happen if everyone stops paying property taxes?

I'm hoping I can spend the $1000 a year myself instead of a bunch of imbeciles wasting it on shit projects that promote government "relationships" while destroying private relationships.

Dig? :)

orafi
02-05-2016, 09:30 PM
That's a wonderful belief. What public services do the property taxes in your area ostensibly fund?

I myself am currently using Common Law to beat my "COUNTY" at their "notice" and soon "complaint" about "REAL ESTATE" (property) taxes I "owe".

I have no idea why a man or woman there is claiming I owe a debt. They keep sending me this bill and it's not even itemized. What benefit did I receive that they fail clarify? Who is the man or woman that I am indebted to? Where is the contract (s)he and I signed? As far as I'm concerned since he or she is failing to verify the debt then I believe he or she is communicating a threat to me; extortion.

Good luck on the church loop hole that's a creative one. 👍🏼