PDA

View Full Version : FL-Woman trying to live "off the grid" now being harrassed by animal control cops.

Anti Federalist
12-19-2013, 01:56 AM
None of these assholes are around when Officer Friendly decides that his safety is at risk and blows away Rover.

But they sure are when being assigned to harass an unscannable.

And make sure to note...it won't stop until they say so.

Animal services at the door of woman living off the grid

By Liza Fernandez

http://www.fox4now.com/features/4inyourcorner/Animal-services-at-the-door-of-woman-living-off-the-grid-236466821.html

CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A Cape Coral woman who lives off the grid is now on the radar of animal control as well.

We've been telling you about Robin Speronis and her off-the-grid lifestyle for a month now and how city code enforcement tagged her home with a notice to vacate just one day after our special report aired.

Robin Speronis has two dogs, her faithful companions in her quest to live off the grid. But she says animal services is also hounding her since going public, visiting her home six times in the month since our first story about her lifestyle aired.

Our cameras caught this scene unfolding as we rolled up to Robin's home Tuesday, Lee County Animal Services and Cape Coral Police out front.

"They say that they're here to check on the condition of the dogs," Robin tells us. "All of this activity, which animal services has been here several times, and pounding on the door and shining lights on the window... it terrorizes them. they're not OK with that, and I don't want to expose them to any more of that. And so she asked me if she could see the dogs, and I said absolutely not."

City code enforcement filed a complaint with animal services the day it found out about Robin's lifestyle and tagged her home with a notice to vacate.

"We found that one of the dogs looks like it's suffering from mange. So basically we just need to be able to look at the animals," explains Glen Johnson, Operations Manager for LCDAS.

But Robin tells 4 In Your Corner she feels animal control is intruding on her rights as a dog owner just as the city is intruding on her rights as a homeowner.

"There aren't two dogs in the this world that are better loved or better cared for then these two dogs," Robin assures.

She did allow allow our cameras to shoot video of the dogs from afar, a large-breed mix named Faith and a chihuahua named Suzie. Faith is an old girl and appears to have trouble walking and some sort of skin condition.

We had an independent vet look at the video, who says the dogs appear to be well cared for and well fed, but that's not good enough for animal control.

"We will continue to respond," says Johnson.
"So you will not stop?" asks4 In Your Corners Liza Fernandez.
"Not til I decide it's time to," answers Johnson.

In all fairness, animal control tells 4 In Your Corner it's charged with looking out for the interests of the voiceless -- the thousands of dogs and cats in Lee County. And the independent veterinarian has offered to examine the dogs and give her opinion on the condition of the dogs to animal services.

4 In Your Corner is continuing to follow this story and will bring you the latest information as we get it.

Mani
12-19-2013, 04:36 AM
She can't live off the grid, she needs to suckle the state TEET. GO GET HER! Find something, any excuse to kick her out of her home and make her miserable.

Scrapmo
12-19-2013, 04:46 AM
Dont advertise any off-grid living or acts of charity. Far too often, whenever some local news story comes out about someone taking care of themselves or others some state goon will come looking to rope them back into the fold.

phill4paul
12-19-2013, 05:39 AM
Pray for this woman. She is on the radar of every petty tyrant now.

tod evans
12-19-2013, 07:05 AM
Too much government!

otherone
12-19-2013, 07:10 AM
Avoid the MSM as you avoid the police. The only way to get off the grid is to lie six feet below it.

tod evans
12-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Avoid the MSM as you avoid the police. The only way to get off the grid is to lie six feet below it.

Arms of the same government...

aGameOfThrones
12-19-2013, 09:12 AM
She signed that social compact.

http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/ryanreynoldssmirk.gif

moostraks
12-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Had my fun with animal control in the past. The are like CPS for animal lovers. In Alabama they tried to block us in their driveway and called the police saying we were harassing them because we dared to complain about them illegally entering our home and feeding animals that were fed and cared for. For the good of the voiceless they have no problem destroying people who are caring for animals which they will seize and euthanize. I hate animal control on the same level that I hate CPS.

Anti Federalist
12-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Dont advertise any off-grid living or acts of charity. Far too often, whenever some local news story comes out about someone taking care of themselves or others some state goon will come looking to rope them back into the fold.

Yup...why she chose to go on TV is baffling to me.

Might as well just broadcast to every petty tyrant within 100 miles "HERE I AM! Come fuck me up!"

Anti Federalist
12-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Pray for this woman. She is on the radar of every petty tyrant now.

Amen.

Cleaner44
12-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Yup...why she chose to go on TV is baffling to me.

Might as well just broadcast to every petty tyrant within 100 miles "HERE I AM! Come fuck me up!"

The strange thing is that they apparently attempted to keep her identity hidden, but the crafty statists were determined to save her from herself by finding her and forcing her to live on the street.

Maybe the lady wanted to help people see that we can unplug from the system, which is cool and she knew it was a risk, but unfortunately the risk to living free was greater than she anticipated.

Merica! Freedom isn't Free! We will bomb the world to bring them our own particular brand of caged freedom... hoorah!

phill4paul
12-20-2013, 08:58 AM
http://www.jrn.com/fox4now/news/Womans-fight-to-go-off-grid-goes-viral-236296791.html

Woman's fight to go off grid goes viral

Liza Fernandez
Liza Fernandez

About Liza
CREATED Dec. 17, 2013
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Hundreds are rallying around Robin Speronis online now that her story has gone viral. And the City of Cape Coral says it's received complaints from around the world about the whole situation. Both sides say they want the same thing -- to give the homeowner a chance to live her lifestyle. But that doesn't seem any closer to happening than it did last week.

"Cape Coral needs to be afraid of me. I'm not afraid of them," said Robin Speronis toward the end of our interview with her last week. She had no way of knowing then the support she'd gather after going public last week, with the fact the city had posted a notice to vacate on her home because of her off-the-grid lifestyle.

Cape Coral officials have since been inundated with complaints -- email after email from mild disappointment to outright outrage for tagging the home one day after our special report on off the grid living aired back in November.

"Take my property away, take my rights away because I exercised my right of free speech in discussing living off the grid?" questioned Speronis.

While the city still won't go on camera, its spokeswoman wants to make sure you know a couple of things:

First, it says when the notice to vacate was posted, code enforcers weren't sure if anyone lived in the home.

The city also says municipalities don't have the power to evict.

"It is the beginning of an eviction process," however, says Speronis' attorney Todd Allen. "A judge would then have to sign off before getting the sheriff to physically remove someone."

The city also says it's made numerous attempts since October 24th to contact the homeowner because of a complaint about mulch in the right-of-way, which the homeowner has evaded.

"If you're going to contact somebody with a complaint or an issue with their home, you don't have them trespassed from their own home. Send someone out. If they don't talk to you, continue to try, but you don't threaten them with criminal prosecution," adds Allen.

The city also says it merely wants access to the home to provide suggestions so Speronis can live off the grid in Cape Coral.

But Speronis' attorney says no one with the city has returned his calls since last week.

"I'd love to talk with them. I've tried calling, I"ve tried emailing. And I can't get anyone with the city to call me back," Allen tells us.

Allen says if the city continues to contact his client instead of going through him, he will file an injunction.

XNavyNuke
12-20-2013, 09:24 AM

+1 baby!

aGameOfThrones
12-20-2013, 09:55 AM
While the city still won't go on camera, its spokeswoman wants to make sure you know a couple of things:

First, it says when the notice to vacate was posted, code enforcers weren't sure if anyone lived in the home.

The city also says municipalities don't have the power to evict.

"It is the beginning of an eviction process," however, says Speronis' attorney Todd Allen. "A judge would then have to sign off before getting the sheriff to physically remove someone."

The city also says it's made numerous attempts since October 24th to contact the homeowner because of a complaint about mulch in the right-of-way, which the homeowner has evaded.

"If you're going to contact somebody with a complaint or an issue with their home, you don't have them trespassed from their own home. Send someone out. If they don't talk to you, continue to try, but you don't threaten them with criminal prosecution," adds Allen.

The city also says it merely wants access to the home to provide suggestions so Speronis can live off the grid in Cape Coral.

http://theoverlookedonlookers.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/allergic-bullshit.gif

But Speronis' attorney says no one with the city has returned his calls since last week.

Time for an eviction notice on those assholes

Anti Federalist
12-20-2013, 10:14 AM
http://theoverlookedonlookers.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/allergic-bullshit.gif

12-20-2013, 10:48 AM
First problem living in a city in FL. Second was going to the media.

In this day and age it's better to just live in a safe place and keep a low profile.

aGameOfThrones
12-20-2013, 11:01 AM
A-F, they just want to help.

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier warned Tuesday that marchers could expect to be met by officers on the D.C. side of the bridge.

"If you are coming here to protest government policy, great," Lanier said, according to WJLA-TV. "We're all for it. We'll work with you. We'll get you in and where you want to go. We'll facilitate you moving in and around the city. If you're coming here to break the law, then we're going to take action."