PDA

View Full Version : What does the bible say about our enemies?

Give me liberty
11-29-2007, 02:37 AM
Forgive and Let Go Jesus, loving your enemies.

Forgive the enemies that have done harm to you
Let go of your pain, and pray for peace

and make peace to your enemies NOT WAR

WAR DOESNT SLOVE anything. Only death and hate.

so what did these other neo cons prove tonight?
that they dont follow the bilbe and yet they say that they do.

wake up christians

btw i am also a christian

wisconsinite
11-29-2007, 02:42 AM
I think Huckabee's answer to the death penalty question conflicts with his response to the Bible question. Is he forgetting the instance where the crowd was about to stone a person to death and Jesus declared "Let he who is without sin throw the first stone"?

BeFranklin
11-29-2007, 05:57 AM
Forgive and Let Go Jesus, loving your enemies.

Forgive the enemies that have done harm to you
Let go of your pain, and pray for peace

and make peace to your enemies NOT WAR

WAR DOESNT SLOVE anything. Only death and hate.

so what did these other neo cons prove tonight?
that they dont follow the bilbe and yet they say that they do.

wake up christians

btw i am also a christian

Pretty Easy to love your enemies when its over something like this.

BeFranklin
11-29-2007, 06:00 AM
I think Huckabee's answer to the death penalty question conflicts with his response to the Bible question. Is he forgetting the instance where the crowd was about to stone a person to death and Jesus declared "Let he who is without sin throw the first stone"?

Yes, or how about I desire mercy not sacrifice. Matt 9: 9-13

I'd like to see that question respun and asked of Huckabee again: Huckabee, Jesus Christ died under the death penalty, why do you support it then? Isn't there a problem with killing innocent people?

literatim
11-29-2007, 06:07 AM

I would note that the story of the adulterer was added to the Bible mid-century AD. Most translations put it in italics because it wasn't apart of original scripture.

BeFranklin
11-29-2007, 06:12 AM
I would note that the story of the adulterer was added to the Bible mid-century AD. Most translations put it in italics because it wasn't apart of original scripture.

It isn't in my King James bible..

Most modern translations put it in italics, because the elite-ist religious leaders are as bad as the elite-ist political leaders. You can check online for how they're corrupting the modern translations to match their doctrines; the process looks exactly the same as how they corrupt the constitution, so its worth a look - even though this conversation doesn't really have any place here.