PDA

View Full Version : Boston Marathon Bomb Victim To Marry His Nurse

mrsat_98
12-18-2013, 06:59 AM
The picture (http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1134091/thumbs/o-JAMES-COSTELLO-BOSTON-BOMBING-facebook.jpg) in the link has been widely used to discredit the official Boston Bombing story.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1134091/thumbs/o-JAMES-COSTELLO-BOSTON-BOMBING-facebook.jpg

http://www.wnd.com/2013/12/boston-marathon-victim-to-marry-his-nurse/

A tragedy led James Costello to the love of his life.

Costello, 31, was standing with friends near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on April 15 when a bomb exploded on Boylston Street, according to the Associated Press. He was famously photographed in the immediate aftermath, badly burnt with his clothes shredded.

Story continues below.
james costello

The Malden, Mass., resident has undergone multiple surgeries at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he stayed for about two weeks, according to WCVB. He suffered burns and needed two nails pulled from his abdomen, ABC 7 reported. Then, he was transferred to Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

That's where he met a nurse named Krista D'Agostino. Fate took over from there.

"After sharing a handful of conversations I realized not only how beautiful she was but also what a kind heart she had," Costello wrote on Facebook, according to WCVB. "I somehow convinced her to attend a benefit with me, which turned into a few dates, which turned into a few inseparable months."

In December, eight months after the bombings, Costello proposed to D'Agostino in Lyon, France, WHDH reported. She said yes. The pair were on an all-expense paid "Heroes Cruise" with other survivors and first responders.

Afterwards, Costello posted a picture of the ring to Facebook, according to Boston Magazine, along with one, beautiful message:

"I now realize why I was involved in the tragedy. It was to meet my best friend and the love of my life."

ClydeCoulter
12-18-2013, 07:23 AM
In b4...um.....anyone else :)

Philhelm
12-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Afterwards, Costello posted a picture of the ring to Facebook, according to Boston Magazine, along with one, beautiful message:

"I now realize why I was involved in the tragedy. It was to meet my best friend and the love of my life."

:rolleyes: People try to find meaning in everything. Sometimes things just happen.

thoughtomator
12-18-2013, 08:30 AM
The pair were on an all-expense paid "Heroes Cruise" with other survivors and first responders.

Never heard of that one before. Is this a one-off or have there been other "Heroes Cruises" in the past?

AngryCanadian
12-18-2013, 08:49 AM
After that kind of an blast in the picture i am surprised he can still walk straight.

ronpaulfollower999
12-18-2013, 08:50 AM
He looks like Vin Diesel.

donnay
12-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Never heard of that one before. Is this a one-off or have there been other "Heroes Cruises" in the past?

They have Super Hero cruises...

http://www.bbriverboats.com/images/photos/bbPhotoSuperHero.png

http://www.bbriverboats.com/super_hero_cruise.html

kathy88
12-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Heroes cruise? FFS.

angelatc
12-18-2013, 09:50 AM
After that kind of an blast in the picture i am surprised he can still walk straight.

Look at the way his shirt is hanging. I think I can tell where the nail went into his abdomen.

juleswin
12-18-2013, 10:05 AM
After that kind of a blast in the picture, i am surprised he can still walk straight.

Adrenaline is one hell of a drug :). You'll be surprised what one is capable of when the stuff is pumped into your blood stream.

So are there no picture of this nurse to post? I want to know if I should be jealous or happy for him.

James Madison
12-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Adrenaline is one hell of a drug :). You'll be surprised what one is capable of when the stuff is pumped into your blood stream.

So are there no picture of this nurse to post? I want to know if I should be jealous or happy for him.

Follow the link and click on the full article.

dannno
12-18-2013, 05:01 PM
There's this really cool song by a band that I really like that I would love to share here, but because their music label has chosen to block all youtube posts of the official version of this song I will not be promoting that band here today. I have supported them in the past by attending an expensive show and convincing a friend to attend with me, so I have given more to that band than somebody who has bought two copies of all of their albums. By posting the song, they could have potentially increased their fan base and now they will not be.

angelatc
12-18-2013, 05:02 PM
There's this really cool song by a band that I really like that I would love to share here, but because their music label has chosen to block all youtube posts of the official version of this song I will not be promoting that band here today. I have supported them in the past by attending an expensive show and convincing a friend to attend with me, so I have given more to that band than somebody who has bought two copies of all of their albums. By posting the song, they could have potentially increased their fan base and now they will not be.

And that is in this thread because.... ?

dannno
12-18-2013, 05:02 PM
And that is in this thread because.... ?

Because I think half the people will know what song I'm talking about anyway.

mad cow
12-18-2013, 05:27 PM

Blame It On The Bossa Nova?

asurfaholic
12-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Baby baby baby Justin Beeber.

Uriel999
12-18-2013, 07:30 PM
good to see something good happened out of this trajedy. My brother, his wife, and his sister in law were there. His sister in law had finished the race just a few minutes prior to the explosion.

Henry Rogue
12-18-2013, 08:29 PM

So are there no picture of this nurse to post? I want to know if I should be jealous or happy for him.You think she might be your wife or girl friend? Or do you mean envious?

juleswin
12-18-2013, 09:13 PM
You think she might be your wife or girl friend? Or do you mean envious?

I thought jealous was synonymous with envy. Either way, I meant it in a way of me being resentful of his good fortune(in form of a foxy nurse). Now if it was my wife or girl friend, I will not be jealous but instead indignant on being cheated on :)

Henry Rogue
12-18-2013, 09:41 PM
I thought jealous was synonymous with envy. Either way, I meant it in a way of me being resentful of his good fortune(in form of a foxy nurse). Now if it was my wife or girl friend, I will not be jealous but instead indignant on being cheated on :)

ENVIOUS/JEALOUS

Although these are often treated as synonyms, there is a difference. You are envious of what others have that you lack. Jealousy, on the other hand, involves wanting to hold on to what you do have. You can be jealous of your boyfriend’s attraction to other women, but you’re envious of your boyfriend’s CD collection.

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/envious.html
Seems a lot of people think that.

angelatc
12-18-2013, 09:42 PM
You Dropped A Bomb On Me?

mrsat_98
12-18-2013, 09:59 PM
good to see something good happened out of this trajedy. My brother, his wife, and his sister in law were there. His sister in law had finished the race just a few minutes prior to the explosion.

Are you speaking of the bombing across from the library near the finsih line, you know the one the Boston paper tweeted about precisely one minute before it happened ?