PDA

View Full Version : Federal Employee Morale Hits Record Low

jct74
12-18-2013, 02:13 AM
Federal Employee Morale Hits Record Low

By Amanda Terkel
Posted: 12/17/2013 11:59 pm EST

WASHINGTON -- Budget cuts and forced furloughs have taken a toll on federal workers, with job satisfaction at a record low in a new government-wide survey.

"We are dismantling the capability of our government by the way it's being managed, and the people in government are giving that message back. ... It should be really worrisome to anyone who cares about our country," said Max Stier, president and CEO of the nonprofit Partnership for Public Service, which produced a report on the survey.

The Office of Personnel Management surveys workers across the government annually about their satisfaction at work. This year, nearly 400,000 people participated from April through June, just as sequestration's furloughs were hitting many workers.

Using the data compiled by OPM, PPS and the consulting firm Deloitte issued their annual "Best Places to Work in the Federal Government" report Wednesday, finding "troubling" responses.

Federal workforce satisfaction has dropped for the third straight year, to the lowest level since the rankings were first published in 2003. Meanwhile, employee satisfaction in the private sector is up. From the report:

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/pps.png

The report doesn't even tell the whole story of what federal workers faced in 2013, in part because its figures come from before the 16-day federal government shutdown in October. During that time, 800,000 employees -- many of whom had already lost part of their salaries due to earlier furloughs -- were temporarily forced out of work and left unsure of whether they would receive back pay. (Congress did eventually authorize compensation for them.)

Had the survey results included the shutdown, Stier said, the picture would likely be even more discouraging.

read more:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/18/federal-employee-morale_n_4461084.html

DamianTV
12-18-2013, 02:14 AM
So, not just the NSA? Thier chart appears to show their Morale is falling off of a cliff at an alarming rate! Good. Maybe some of those with Low Morale will learn the Solution is Disobedience to follow their obviously Immoral Orders.

HOLLYWOOD
12-18-2013, 02:19 AM
Federal Employee Morale Hits Record Low...

You want even lower morale Federal Employees? Go out in the private sector and work up to 7 days a week, weekends, holidays, shift work, where they expect results or you're out the door. AND... you pay for most of your own; secondary education, retirement, health benefits, club benefits, pensions, lower pay, less job security, higher unemployment sector, etc.

Try that on for size and let me know where your government "Morale" is at.

Ronin Truth
12-18-2013, 07:25 AM
How's the taxpayer's morale doing?

tod evans
12-18-2013, 07:28 AM
Give the SOB's SSRI's and fully automatic weapons.............What could go wrong?:rolleyes:

Philhelm
12-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Suicide is always the answer.

belian78
12-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Well, I expect these tax leaches to shit or get off the pot. They either realize they can't work for a gov that acts in such a way and quit, or they swallow what's left of their dignity and ride it out.

Reason
12-18-2013, 10:47 AM
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/153285i382D44A6A62C61BF/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Barrex
12-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Government and morale in same sentence...It took me a while to process that.

surf
12-18-2013, 12:57 PM
cry me a f#cking river

Red Green
12-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Hey, if you had to spend 31.5 hrs a week with nothing to do but hang out with a bunch of lazy, stupid, unethical, incompetent malodorous people you would be a little down too.

jurgs01
12-19-2013, 01:14 AM
I work for the Federal Government...
...the more useless and inefficient people you can put out of work that work around me the better.

As a matter of fact, if you can put me out of work that would be optimal. I have three engineering degrees. Is my most productive place of employment the government? Actually, right now, it is (unless I start my own business or move overseas). Is that the way you think America should be?

Anti Federalist
12-19-2013, 01:33 AM
...the more useless and inefficient people you can put out of work that work around me the better.

As a matter of fact, if you can put me out of work that would be optimal. I have three engineering degrees. Is my most productive place of employment the government? Actually, right now, it is (unless I start my own business or move overseas). Is that the way you think America should be?

No, it is not.

But until massive shifts in trade, regulatory and yes tariff, policies take place, that is not going to change.

You can't "make" anything here anymore.

And nobody wants to realize that you cannot have a healthy middle class or the jobs it requires to support that, without making stuff.

Of course, all done by design.

Scrapmo
12-19-2013, 01:51 AM
I dont think government employee morale is low because of the immoral acts of the governement they serve, on the contrary, morale is probably low because they feel they are not compensated enough for contributing to "an energetic goverment", as Hamilton (fuck that guy) would say.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-Mark Twain

Henry Rogue
12-19-2013, 09:36 AM

As a matter of fact, if you can put me out of work that would be optimal. I have three engineering degrees. Is my most productive place of employment the government? Actually, right now, it is (unless I start my own business or move overseas). Is that the way you think America should be?I will try my best.

Danke
12-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Suicide is always the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIIqYqtR1lY

Keith and stuff
12-19-2013, 11:58 AM
cry me a f#cking river

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0