PDA

View Full Version : What Is Rand Paul Doing to Attract Asians?

RonPaulMall
12-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Asians are the fastest growing minority group in America. Unlike Mexicans and Blacks, the demographic make up of Asians in America is actually quite favorable in terms of being a realistic source of Republican votes. In my experience, the only thing that really taints the GOP in the eyes of Asians is the Southern Evangelical Wing of the Party and their excessive bible thumping on the campaign trail (most recent Asian immigrants are not Christian or even religious at all, frankly). The Dems pretty much take Asians for granted and rely on their fear of GOP Bible Thumping to trump the fact Dems support things like state sponsored racism against Asians in college admissions. So this seems to be an area that would be ripe for outreach. Does Rand have an Asian strategy? If so, what is it? If not, why?

jtstellar
12-18-2013, 12:52 AM
if what's being referred to here is the communist party and their relatives' exodus into the us.. it's doubtful the trend will last forever. there's only so many of them, not the entire asian continent is trying to migrate here, especially if dollar is unstable.

Natural Citizen
12-18-2013, 01:41 AM
Disfranchising American Students? :rolleyes:

“A fair number of H-1Bs that are in the green card queue work in these places because they’re mostly research and development centers,” a tech lobbyist said. “This is a perfect example about why the bill is important. It would ensure these people get permanent residency.”

Tech insiders also consider Paul as a potential ‘yes’ vote because he has endorsed a pathway to citizenship for the 11 million immigrants living illegally in the country—one of the thorniest areas of the immigration debate that has divided Republicans.

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/302041-tech-industry-targets-gop-senators-to-pass-immigration-reform

eleganz
12-18-2013, 02:00 AM
The RNC is doing targeted asian outreach in different regions of the country. One of the big ones is California.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
12-18-2013, 02:54 AM
C4L should release a manga where Ron & Rand fight The Fed, which is of course a large evil octopus.

MelissaWV
12-18-2013, 06:11 PM
unlike Mexicans and blacks...

*sighs*

Well at least this thread causes the "Browse 10,000 Single Asian Women's Profiles" ad to show up at the bottom.

James Madison
12-18-2013, 06:29 PM
*sighs*

Well at least this thread causes the "Browse 10,000 Single Asian Women's Profiles" ad to show up at the bottom.

Those ads are an instant thread win. Seriously, you could post an article saying Ron Paul came out as a Communist, and I'd be ok with it.

libertywanter
12-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Maybe this Browse 10000 Single Asian Women's Profiles site is a operated by Rand, maybe this is how he is attracting Asians. Maybe for the Asian man's vote, Rand will set them up with a beautiful single Asian woman. LOL

AFPVet
12-19-2013, 02:12 PM
I don't know what he could do to attract Asians... I tried many times, and they all seemed to like other ethnicities lol. ... then I realized that I could get a hot red head, and forgot all about the Asians LOL.

erowe1
12-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Asians are the fastest growing minority group in America. Unlike Mexicans and Blacks, the demographic make up of Asians in America is actually quite favorable in terms of being a realistic source of Republican votes. In my experience, the only thing that really taints the GOP in the eyes of Asians is the Southern Evangelical Wing of the Party and their excessive bible thumping on the campaign trail (most recent Asian immigrants are not Christian or even religious at all, frankly). The Dems pretty much take Asians for granted and rely on their fear of GOP Bible Thumping to trump the fact Dems support things like state sponsored racism against Asians in college admissions. So this seems to be an area that would be ripe for outreach. Does Rand have an Asian strategy? If so, what is it? If not, why?

What you say about religion is not true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Asian_Americans#Religion

Also, I don't know if dems take Asian Americans for granted. But they shouldn't. Up until GWB, Asian Americans tended to vote Republican more than Democrat. My encounters with Asian Americans who changed from R to D has been that the thing that has turned them more to the Dems since 2000 was neoconservative foreign policy more than anything else.

Notice in the issues-based poll here that social issues don't show up as a factor for Asian Americans' choices in the Obama-Romney race.
http://www.naasurvey.com/resources/Presentations/2012-aapipes-national.pdf

jtstellar
12-19-2013, 02:35 PM
I don't know what he could do to attract Asians... I tried many times, and they all seemed to like other ethnicities lol. ... then I realized that I could get a hot red head, and forgot all about the Asians LOL.

lol

erowe1
12-19-2013, 02:38 PM
*sighs*

Thanks for pointing that line out. It was terribly uninformed. Rand has tons going for him to win over lots of hispanics and African Americans.

CaseyJones
12-19-2013, 02:42 PM
*sighs*

why do I have a grape-nuts ad? :confused: I hate grape-nuts

FrankRep
12-19-2013, 03:00 PM

I'm getting a Geico car insurance ad.

idiom
12-19-2013, 05:20 PM

Gmail yourself a note about how much you hate grape-nuts.

RonPaulMall
12-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks for pointing that line out. It was terribly uninformed. Rand has tons going for him to win over lots of hispanics and African Americans.

Yeah, and that is all well and good, but the reality is those are very unlikely nuts to crack. Maybe Rand can get the black vote from 90% Dem to 85% or perhaps more realistically depress the overall black voter enthusiasm, which would help just as much, but Asians are a demographic Republicans could actually win. And again, this is the fastest growing minority group in America, so this is nothing to scoff at.

erowe1
12-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Yeah, and that is all well and good, but the reality is those are very unlikely nuts to crack. Maybe Rand can get the black vote from 90% Dem to 85% or perhaps more realistically depress the overall black voter enthusiasm, which would help just as much, but Asians are a demographic Republicans could actually win. And again, this is the fastest growing minority group in America, so this is nothing to scoff at.

African Americans make up 12.6% of the population. Asian Americans make up 4.8% of it.

If Rand wins gets 15% of African Americans to vote for him, rather than the 5% that voted for McCain and Romney, that would be a swing of 1.2% of the total electorate.

If Rand gets 55% of Asian Americans to vote for him, rather than the 30% that voted for McCain and Romney, that would be a swing of about 1.2% of the total electorate.

Either one of those developments would be significant, and electorally speaking, their significance would be equal.

I see both of those possibilities as realistic and worth fighting for. And the way to bring them about would not be by running from the influence of Christianity on those demographics, but by embracing it and appealing to it directly.

acptulsa
12-19-2013, 09:13 PM
What Rand is doing to win the vote is protecting, defending and preserving the Constitution, and all of us whose rights it defends. That is liable to appeal to any demographic except the idiot vote.

Seems to me the best thing he's doing to appeal to the minority demographics is not trying to insult them by pandering specifically to them, but instead defending the rights and serving the interests of all Americans completely equally.

And I hope he keeps on operating that way.

juleswin
12-19-2013, 09:27 PM
All Rand needs to do to win the Asian vote is continue to promote his free market, pro growth and pro business ideas. If he continues to do this while avoiding saying racist and bigoted things about a Asians or a big Asian country like China, he will win their votes.

Luckily I think most Asian Americans are confident enough that they do not need a politician to kiss their ass in order get their vote.

Brian4Liberty
12-19-2013, 09:33 PM
This has nothing to do with Rand.

Occam's Banana
12-19-2013, 09:35 PM
My understanding is that some crushed tiger penis may facilitate matters under certain circumstances ...

RandallFan
12-19-2013, 10:58 PM
The majority of Asians support the police state and gun control. Think of Pelosi's district or parts of Bloomberg's New York. He needs to worry about the white Republicans he alienated when he said he knows more about the immigration issue than others who've spent decades on it.

jmdrake
12-19-2013, 11:19 PM
*sighs*

LOL. Well that's better than the "Click here and play a game with angels with big breasts" ad.

erowe1
12-19-2013, 11:20 PM
The majority of Asians support the police state and gun control.
What's your source for this?

He needs to worry about the white Republicans he alienated when he said he knows more about the immigration issue than others who've spent decades on it.

You mean so that he can do as well as Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter did in the GOP primary?

RonPaulMall
12-22-2013, 11:29 AM
The majority of Asians support the police state and gun control. Think of Pelosi's district or parts of Bloomberg's New York. He needs to worry about the white Republicans he alienated when he said he knows more about the immigration issue than others who've spent decades on it.

The majority of blacks oppose homosexuality. The majority of Mexicans oppose abortion. So what? Doesn't matter what they believe on individual issues if those issues have no bearing whatsoever on how they vote. Gun control is not an issue that drives Asian voting patterns. Asians believe in marriage, believe in traditional family values, are less likely to be on welfare or state dependency, and are more likely to belong to the middle class or above. They are a natural GOP constituency. The GOP has an Asian problem for the same reason the GOP has a Northern White problem, and this is the issue the GOP needs to address if it wants to return to the White House.

compromise
12-24-2013, 07:28 AM
I'm not sure if Asians are as socially liberal as you say. Polls on gay marriage in South Korea, China and Japan suggest they are as opposed to it as people in Mississippi or Alabama.

Mr.NoSmile
12-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Can't go after them all at once. We've seen Paul speak about blacks and gays, and if Paul- or either Party in general- tries to appeal too hard to folks who are seen as outside of the main demographic of the Party, there's a chance the main Party would see it as pandering. He doesn't have to move too quickly.

tod evans
12-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Who here doesn't realize that breaking folks down into demographics is playing by their rules?

erowe1
12-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Who here doesn't realize that breaking folks down into demographics is playing by their rules?

Whose rules?

Every human being classifies everything around them into categories, including other human beings. We can't not do this.

tod evans
12-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Whose rules?

Every human being classifies everything around them into categories, including other human beings. We can't not do this.

Pandering to ethnic groups regardless of ethnicity, only gives creedence to the idea that one batch of humans deserves special attention.

How is this any different than pandering to Christians or *****?

erowe1
12-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Pandering to ethnic groups regardless of ethnicity, only gives creedence to the idea that one batch of humans deserves special attention.

How is this any different than pandering to Christians or *****?

Rand should run on principled positions. He should base his positions on what is right.

He also has to sell himself to people, and emphasize different positions depending on the audience, and craft specific policies, with that in mind. This includes ethnic groups, Christians, homosexuals, and anyone else that it might be politically expedient to try to win over to supporting him.

He can, and should, do this without pandering.

pan·der [pan-der]
noun Also, pan·der·er.
1. a person who furnishes clients for a prostitute or supplies persons for illicit sexual intercourse; procurer; pimp.
2. a person who caters to or profits from the weaknesses or vices of others.
3. a go-between in amorous intrigues.
verb (used without object)
4. to act as a pander; cater basely: to pander to the vile tastes of vulgar persons.
verb (used with object)
5. to act as a pander for.

MRK
12-24-2013, 12:27 PM

I had the same issue. Then I moved to Southeast Asia and ... nevermind.

All Rand needs to do to win the Asian vote is continue to promote his free market, pro growth and pro business ideas. If he continues to do this while avoiding saying racist and bigoted things about a Asians or a big Asian country like China, he will win their votes.

Luckily I think most Asian Americans are confident enough that they do not need a politician to kiss their ass in order get their vote.

Unless they're from China (and even if they are), they probably wouldn't even mind a few harsh words being sent China's way. China's a big dog now, and some Chinese are getting a chip on their shoulder about it, similar to how many Americans feel about Merica ;)

I'd like to see some polling data on that one.

philipped
12-24-2013, 04:13 PM

Proof please...

enhanced_deficit
12-30-2013, 08:04 PM
What Is Rand Paul Doing to Attract Asians?

I'm not sure what his strategy is .. but I'm bit confused why this ad was showing up in the middle of this thread page before I signed on.

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/9227356334322457621

MelissaWV
12-30-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure what his strategy is .. but I'm bit confused why this ad was showing up in the middle of this thread page before I signed on.

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/9227356334322457621

Yeah it appears the ads are working. There are now only 700 Asian women looking for love.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Rand Paul needs to work hard for Oudom's vote.

(He's Iowa's one Asian GOP primary voter.)

RonPaulFanInGA
12-31-2013, 11:47 AM

This thread brings up interesting ads:

http://i39.tinypic.com/jgpfes.png

scottditzen
01-04-2014, 09:28 PM
As long as republicans are stuck with the "anti-education" or "anti-science" label, whether fairly or unfairly, this will cost the party.

Natural Citizen
01-04-2014, 09:31 PM
As long as republicans are stuck with the "anti-education" or "anti-science" label, whether fairly or unfairly, this will cost the party.

Yep.

amy31416
01-04-2014, 09:47 PM

And not just in Asians, but independents and young people.

MelissaWV
01-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Great job, recent posters. Now I get an ad for an online university.

Either the thread has gotten smarter, or they are totally sold out of foreign chicks.

oyarde
01-04-2014, 11:32 PM
*sighs*

I saw that yesterday , made me laugh, wtf? People really look @ that ??