PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys noticed more hit pieces against Brannon lately?

Bastiat's The Law
12-17-2013, 08:58 PM
The latest seems to label him as a 'secessionist' for attending the "Nullify Now" event put on by the Tenth Amendment Center.

Brian4Liberty
12-17-2013, 09:10 PM
I've been ignoring that stupidity on purpose. The baseless smears seemed to be timed to interfere with the money bomb.

"OMG! He said State's rights and lives in a southern State. He must be a confederate racist!" :rolleyes:

TaftFan
12-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Yeah. I periodically search all of our candidates on Google news. They are going after Chris McDaniel too for attending a Sons of Confederate Veterans meeting. Won't hurt him though, as their former Sen. Trent Lott and their Gov. Phil Bryant are members.

trey4sports
12-17-2013, 09:21 PM
can anyone update me on the latest polling on the Brannon race? Is he becoming more competitive?

edit: nvm. i found it. Looks like he is in striking distance of first.

wealeat
12-18-2013, 12:03 AM
These stories help him in the primary because a GOP likes it when liberals attack their candidate. Plus, it shows you they are afraid of him. I think it is great.

Matt Collins
12-18-2013, 12:11 AM
The latest seems to label him as a 'secessionist' for attending the "Nullify Now" event put on by the Tenth Amendment Center.

Source? :confused:

Both Gunny and I were there, and it wasn't really a secessionist environment. It was a 10X environment though. Pretty sure that everyone there was advocating restraining the federal government with the state governments, not abandoning the union.

Brian4Liberty
12-18-2013, 12:36 AM

Both Gunny and I were there, and it wasn't really a secessionist environment. It was a 10X environment though. Pretty sure that everyone there was advocating restraining the federal government with the state governments, not abandoning the union.

There was a Mother Jones article that got a lot of traction on Twitter among the hysterical leftist race-baiters.

Bastiat's The Law
12-18-2013, 12:42 AM
can anyone update me on the latest polling on the Brannon race? Is he becoming more competitive?

edit: nvm. i found it. Looks like he is in striking distance of first.

He's definitely within striking distance of the establishment darling and its still quite early. If Brannon doesn't win outright he'll likely end up in a run off going head to head with Tillis.

Bastiat's The Law
12-18-2013, 12:44 AM

I think Motherjones and/or Politico launched the hit piece.

aclove
12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Matt, the basis for saying that Nullify Now! was a secessionist conference is because the League of the South was one of the conference co-sponsors. I realize that's extremely shaky ground, but you know as well as I do that guilt-by-association is enough when you're looking to smear someone.

I think that the press is going after Brannon more for two reasons: 1.) He's polling competitively, and 2.) they think they might be able to damage Rand by smearing Brannon and linking Rand to him through the endorsement.

Matt Collins
12-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Matt, the basis for saying that Nullify Now! was a secessionist conference is because the League of the South was one of the conference co-sponsors. I realize that's extremely shaky ground, but you know as well as I do that guilt-by-association is enough when you're looking to smear someone.

I think that the press is going after Brannon more for two reasons: 1.) He's polling competitively, and 2.) they think they might be able to damage Rand by smearing Brannon and linking Rand to him through the endorsement.
Yep, exactly, and it's very weak.

Bastiat's The Law
12-18-2013, 08:41 PM

Very accurate. Brannon is a contender.

Brett85
12-18-2013, 09:37 PM
They're also smearing him for praising Jesse Helms and saying that he would emulate Helms as a Senator. Helms is controversial because he supported segregation as a U.S Senator.

Brian4Liberty
12-18-2013, 09:45 PM
They're also smearing him for praising Jesse Helms and saying that he would emulate Helms as a Senator. Helms is controversial because he supported segregation as a U.S Senator.

Yeah, that's just an extension of the ridiculous "if you praise or like any of the Founding Fathers you support slavery because there was slavery back then".

acptulsa
12-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Vote for GREG BRANNON

Because motherjones.com Hates Him the Most!!

That could definitely work in a GOP primary...

hated
12-19-2013, 08:14 AM
It's going to get worse. Public ignorance makes his platform ripe for exploitation and sound bites.

FB is going to be really important. Be prepared to visit him daily and help explain these things.

aclove
12-19-2013, 01:06 PM
I have a friends list well over 1,000 people long, and in my experience, most people who are even aware of this race at this point are hard-core activists who already have their candidates staked out.

Bastiat's The Law
12-19-2013, 05:09 PM
It's going to get worse. Public ignorance makes his platform ripe for exploitation and sound bites.

FB is going to be really important. Be prepared to visit him daily and help explain these things.

Correcting ignorance and smears is what I did the most on the Ron Paul campaign, hell I was still correcting people on caucus night!

hated
12-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Thinking about starting a blog just to counter each assertion. It would be nice to have a simple link for people to share on these hatchet-pieces.