PDA

View Full Version : NYC-Female Indian Diplomat strip searched, jailed.

Anti Federalist
12-17-2013, 10:50 AM
The whole story is worth reading, but here's the money quote.

The arrest quickly became a major story in India, with politicians urging diplomatic retaliation and TV news channels showing the woman in a series of smiling family photos.

That reaction may look outsized in the United States, but the case touches on a string of issues that strike deeply in India, where the fear of public humiliation resonates strongly and heavy-handed treatment by the police is normally reserved for the poor. For an educated, middle-class woman to face public arrest and a strip search is almost unimaginable, except in the most brutal crimes.

No, it has nothing to do with poverty or "social status".

It shows how far gone we are in this country.

Where strip searches are regarded as routine, even for something as mundane as a tax arrest.

Freedom.

The rest of the story:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/treatment-of-arrested-indian-diplomat-in-new-york-called-barbaric/article16002630/

ClydeCoulter
12-17-2013, 11:45 AM
"...heavy-handed treatment by the police is normally reserved for the poor. "

Disgusting MF's!

aGameOfThrones
12-17-2013, 12:01 PM
The TSA Make Christmas Possible

Laurence M. Vance

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...tmas-possible/

The latest TSA nonsense going around is a poem sent via e-mail that makes celebrating Christmas dependent upon U.S. TSA officers stationed at your friendly airport around the the U.S. Here is the last stanza of the poem and the last statement in the e-mail:

“Just tell us you love us, and never forget.
To fly without rights when you leave your homes,
To stand in the "security' line, no matter how long.
For when we are good and ready to search you, either standing or on your knees,
To know you remember we reuse the blue gloves.
Is payment enough, and with that we will trust,
That we mattered to you as you mattered to us.”

PLEASE, Would you do me the kind favour of sending this to as many people as you can? Christmas will be coming soon and some credit is due to our service men and women for our being able to celebrate these festivities. Let’s try in this small way to pay a tiny bit of what we owe. Make people stop and think of our heroes, living and dead, who sacrificed themselves for us.

Anti Federalist
12-17-2013, 01:09 PM
bump

pcosmar
12-17-2013, 01:37 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-25411876

India has ordered a series of reprisals against the United States amid a worsening row over the arrest of one of its diplomats in New York.

Why would she need to be strip searched over allegations that her maid was underpaid?

http://s2.firstpost.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Devyani-Khobragade-PTI.jpg

Oh,, never mind.

asurfaholic
12-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Why do they all always get those zits in the same spot on the middle of the forehead?

lib3rtarian
12-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Why do they all always get those zits in the same spot on the middle of the forehead?

*sigh* At least I thought the liberty movement had some informed, educated and open-minded people. Thanks for reminding me how bigots and racists exist even amongst us.

pcosmar
12-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Watch this story.
There is more to it.. because it makes no logical sense on it's face.

pcosmar
12-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Background on the story.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-South-Central/2013/1217/Indian-diplomat-s-arrest-in-NY-sparks-anger-back-home.-But-what-about-the-nanny

http://m.rediff.com/news/report/diplomats-arrest-trouble-was-brewing-since-june/20131217.htm

November 2012: Richard arrived in the US and started to work for Dr Khobragade on November 23, 2012.

March 2013: Problems started with Richard, according to Dr Khobragade's lawsuit against her in the Delhi high court. It said that Richard wanted to work outside on her off days, but she was told that it was illegal according to her visa status, and also because she had an official passport.

June 23: Richard left DR Khobragade's home to buy groceries, and did not return. Dr Khobragade informed the matter to the consulate general, who informed the concerned authorities.

July 8: Richard visited an immigration attorney's firm in Manhattan, New York. A person present there told Rediff.com then that four individuals from the consulate soon arrived at the attorney's office.

There were discussions, and reports indicated Richard demanded a sum as her wages, and an ordinary Indian passport.

Meanwhile, her husband and child in India were taken into custody, according to the witness. A scared Richard spoke with them, and refused to leave the attorney's office premises.

The consulate officials remained outside. Later in the evening, the police were called and they took Richard away.

The Indian government revoked Richard's official passport the same day, which made her status illegal in the US.

The Indian embassy in Washington, DC requested the US State Department to locate Richard and return her to India.

September: The Delhi high court issued an order to restrain Richard from instituting any action or proceedings against Dr Khobragade outside India on the terms or conditions of her employment, according to a statement issued by the Indian embassy.

In his order on September 20, Justice Jayant Nath noted that any grievance about the terms of employment, salary or ill-treatment could only be adjudicated by an Indian court, since Richard and Dr Khobragade worked for the Government of India.

The high court also issued notice to Richard's husband Philip in Delhi. The case is scheduled for hearing in February.

Meanwhile, an arrest warrant was issued against Richard by the metropolitan magistrate of the south district court in New Delhi under Sections 387, 420 and 120B of the Indian Penal Code, according to the Indian embassy.

These are related to extortion, cheating and conspiracy.

If Richard enters India, she will be arrested.

Richard chose to remain in the US rather than return to India, where she would be arrested on arrival, and the US officials proceeded against Dr Khobragade.

Highly placed sources said the fact that Richard left her employment within six months of her arrival in the US seems suspicious.

The Indian embassy said it had urged Washington to resolve the matter with due sensitivity, taking into account the existing court case in India that had already been brought to America's attention by the Government of India, and the diplomatic status of the officer concerned.

FloralScent
12-17-2013, 05:27 PM

It's a unibrow maintenance scab.

dillo
12-17-2013, 05:27 PM
They just did something to our Embassy in India, holy shit

pcosmar
12-17-2013, 05:30 PM
They just did something to our Embassy in India, holy shit

Yup,, they removed the concrete security barriers,, revoked passes,, and barred imports of items.

The Indian Government is pissed.

phill4paul
12-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Yup,, they removed the concrete security barriers,, revoked passes,, and barred imports of items.

Over a strip search? Americunts couldn't even be bothered to take such drastic measures over something as normal to us as breathing.

pcosmar
12-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Over a strip search? Americunts couldn't even be bothered to take such drastic measures over something as normal to us as breathing.

They are pissed over a Diplomat,, A representative of the Indian Government being Strip Searched over an alleged minor crime.

Not even a crime really,, a civil matter.. a private contract.

And one that was already before an Indian Court.

kathy88
12-17-2013, 06:02 PM
*sigh* At least I thought the liberty movement had some informed, educated and open-minded people. Thanks for reminding me how bigots and racists exist even amongst us.

Thanks for reminding me what a fucking drag I would be if I had no sense of humor.

aGameOfThrones
12-17-2013, 06:03 PM

They hate us for our Freedumb.

amy31416
12-17-2013, 06:10 PM
"...heavy-handed treatment by the police is normally reserved for the poor. "

Disgusting MF's!

Might not be PC, but that's generally true everywhere, especially here.

gwax23
12-17-2013, 06:13 PM

Sarcasm doesnt work on the internet. I truly hope your sarcastic.

tod evans
12-17-2013, 06:22 PM

I poke fun at "guys" who put foo-foo juice in their hair........Does that make me bigoted?

dillo
12-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Dont they realize they were just showing you how much better our country is by strip searching her? How else is she supposed to learn of our great freedumbs

Snew
12-17-2013, 07:32 PM

Good for them. I wish more countries were.

HOLLYWOOD
12-17-2013, 07:47 PM
They just did something to our Embassy in India, holy shitTyrannical Empire... laws of physics react.
http://img2.imagesbn.com/p/9780805075595_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg

pcosmar
12-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Good for them. I wish more countries were.

This seem like an almost deliberate attempt to piss them off.

Though it seems that our State Department does not understand the meaning of diplomacy.

brushfire
12-17-2013, 08:22 PM
They were just examining her...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GUc6YhD5jvs/T1e6kL0bbBI/AAAAAAAABGE/FTYnBB31fz4/s1600/1853_thompkins+matteson_examination+of+a+witch.jpg

phill4paul
12-17-2013, 08:53 PM
They are pissed over a Diplomat,, A representative of the Indian Government being Strip Searched over an alleged minor crime.

Not even a crime really,, a civil matter.. a private contract.

And one that was already before an Indian Court.

Kinda my point Pete. I get pissed everyday over the mistreatment of Diplomats from the state of Sovereign citizenship. Ain't no Americunts gonna give fuck about it though. And ain't nothing gonna come of this. In one month it is over.

vita3
12-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Story is weird to me as is the fact that District Attorney for Southern NY is also Indian.

Need somebody on the inside to explain this one.

Czolgosz
12-17-2013, 09:08 PM
They were just examining her...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GUc6YhD5jvs/T1e6kL0bbBI/AAAAAAAABGE/FTYnBB31fz4/s1600/1853_thompkins+matteson_examination+of+a+witch.jpg

You just made this thread NSFW.

fr33
12-17-2013, 09:28 PM
You just made this thread NSFW.

But... thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

shane77m
12-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Was she determined to be a witch?

Mani
12-18-2013, 12:13 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/indian-official-diplomat-39-arrest-nyc-barbaric-105440734.html

There are 18K+ comments on this article. On all the daily articles that come out....there are usually a few thousand on the popular story of the day. 18K is extremely high. 3 - 4 times the normal amount.

And most of them say the same thing, complain that "....Indian upper class and lower classes are treated differently...She broke the law...she needs to be treated equally in a prison...In america we are equals, you break the law, you face the consequences."

That's the summary of thousands of those comments, besides the "Well over there they rape tourists and stuff, so what's a big deal over a strip search" or some shit.

(First of all, just to address the "America is equal" B.S. Indians say it outright that there is a class difference, it's existed for thousands of years, and hasn't been eliminated in 50-60 short years of democracy. What is annoying are all these stupid americans who keep cheering about equality! We treat people badly equally!! Yay! WTF?? Secondly..WE DON'T. There is a JUST US system. THe political and elite play by one set of rules, as well as the enforcer class. Politicians can lie, cheat, and steal without consequence. Enforcers can murder, assault, rape, and torture and nothing happens to them. This EQUALITY stuff they are BLINDLY cheering about, is PURE BULL SHIT).

There are a couple things that I discovered reading this story.

#1. Americans are completely OK with treating people like animals. Americans 90% seem to support treating offenders of petty or nonviolent crimes as hardened fiendish criminals.

This women was apprehended AT HER DAUGHTER'S SCHOOL and paraded around in handcuffs AT SCHOOL. For pure humiliation of herself and her daughter. Then subject to a strip search..again for pure humiliation...and then thrown into a cage. As if she was a serial killer on the loose and needed to be captured immediately. WTF!

And Americans didn't blink an eye. In fact..they seemed to go out of their way to comment...Yay! You showed her! This is america...you break the law...you're doing down!

And this is not just about this lady....Anyone who's caught with a banned plant...anyone who commits a traffic violation...they could be subject to this same humiliating treatment. And Americans think it's completely OK.

Even though other parts of the world see this as sick and barbaric....and are called out on it....Americans came out in droves to say..."Bitch deserved it!!!!"

#2 The other scary thing....Americans don't believe in "innocent until proven guilty" They are OK with treating someone as an animal REGARDLESS of the facts...the mere accusation of a crime is ENOUGH for the person to be humiliated, paraded around in shame, and thrown in a cage...

I feel so so sad. So lost to see such a surge of Americans shouting out to defend our humiliating practices. It's so sad.

J_White
12-18-2013, 12:35 AM
so the maid (who wanted to work extra illegally here, tried to extort money from the diplomat and refused to return to India once her official passport was revoked)
has successfully filed a complaint against the diplomat who was taken into custody and strip searched ?
where is the maid - was she arrested or searched too ? why not send her back since a court case against her in India ?
does not make sense !!

enhanced_deficit
12-18-2013, 03:44 AM
Those foreign women getting a taste of freedom strip searches. It is unfortunate that Indian gov has called it "barbaric" and US facilities in India have been barricaded due to threats of attacks.

Police state is coming home in full force. No comment from drone king as of now.

J_White
12-18-2013, 05:15 AM
Those foreign women getting a taste of freedom strip searches. It is unfortunate that Indian gov has called it "barbaric" and US facilities in India have been barricaded due to threats of attacks.

Police state is coming home in full force. No comment from drone king as of now.

are u sure about that "barricaded due to threats of attacks" ?
I think the police have removed barricades near the US embassy as token of "no special treatment anymore".

Neil Desmond
12-18-2013, 05:25 AM
Hopefully this will serve as a rude awakening to society for so many reasons, if society isn't brain dead or in a coma.

Luciconsort
12-18-2013, 05:28 AM
Was she determined to be a witch?

they haven't floated her yet, so her crimes of witchcraft are yet to be determined.

tod evans
12-18-2013, 05:36 AM
https://researchstory.wikispaces.com/file/view/WitchBurnStakeBritain-e.jpg/144536101/WitchBurnStakeBritain-e.jpg

ClydeCoulter
12-18-2013, 06:27 AM
Hopefully this will serve as a rude awakening to society for so many reasons, if society isn't brain dead or in a coma.

I think I saw a few buzzards overhead.

pcosmar
12-18-2013, 07:39 AM
India has transferred her to the Permanent UN Mission to insure Full Diplomatic Immunity.

The US state Department has screwed the pooch on this whole affair,

vita3
12-18-2013, 08:18 AM
US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York handles many "war on terror" cases, "criminal oversight" of Wall Street & was also employeer of Rudi Guliani.

This case just adds to their unique pursuit of Justice.

green73
12-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Multiple Cavity Searches

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/12/18/India-diplomat-says-she-faced-cavity-search-in-NYC

green73
12-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Reminder: Arrest and Strip Search Go Together
Michael S. Rozeff

An Indian diplomat arrested in New York City was subjected to a strip search before being jailed for a day with drug addicts while making bail.

This strip search is a reminder of what Americans who are arrested may encounter. The strip search was legalized by the U.S. Supreme Court (http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/11pdf/10-945.pdf) on April 2, 2012. The Court disemboweled the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, declaring that strip searches are not unreasonable even when police have no reasonable suspicion of a crime that justifies the search.

The Congress took no action to impeach the justices who approved this policy. They are Kennedy, Roberts, Scalia, Alito and Thomas. The Executive took no action to suggest enlarging the court and packing it with justices who might actually favor rights.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/reminder-arrest-and-strip-search-go-together/

pcosmar
12-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Did US help Devyani’s maid pull off immigration fraud?
http://www.firstpost.com/india/live-did-us-help-devyanis-maid-pull-off-immigration-fraud-1291025.html

According to a report on NDTV, after it was revealed that Sangeeta Richard's husband and son flew to New York just two days before Devyani Khobdagade was arrested, India has accused the US of facilitating immigration fraud by Richards. According to the report, shortly after Richard walked out of Khobdagade's home, the representative of Indian government had filed a missing complaint with the US in June. However, the police there refused to take any action on the case and the US authorities dismissed several requests made by the Indian government to help find Richard. The report says:
"India had asked the American Embassy for help to find Ms Richard way back on July 5, said the sources. Ms Richard, who remained in hiding, reportedly met an immigration lawyer in the US in September and asked for 10,000 dollars and a passport to stay on in the country."

The series of action on behalf of the US led India to accuse US of helping Richard pull off an immigration fraud.

shane77m
12-18-2013, 11:09 AM
they haven't floated her yet, so her crimes of witchcraft are yet to be determined.

I think she might have been the one that turned Biden into a newt. He hasn't gotten better.

Barrex
12-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Funny.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/4COAqOw66xUPK/200.gif

Thanks for reminding me what a fucking drag I would be if I had no sense of humor.
You dont.http://central.parellinaturalhorsetraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/funny.jpg

Sarcasm doesnt work on the internet. I truly hope your sarcastic.
In Croatia it does... I guess it is because we use different plugs.

I think she might have been the one that turned Biden into a newt. He hasn't gotten better.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/76f53a0aec154f58ccf7da68ae3e84a9/tumblr_mxja4v5jZo1rp68cjo2_250.gif
Follow me... to the place where threads are derailed....

angelatc
12-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Meanwhile, back at the topic...they are protesting in the streets of India over this;

http://nypost.com/2013/12/18/protests-continue-in-india-after-nannygate-diplomat-arrested/

http://********************************/2013/12/protest2.jpg

asurfaholic
12-18-2013, 07:21 PM

I'm the last thing from a racist or bigot. This is the Internet, sometimes people say stupid shit just to get a reaction. Get over it.

#pissing all over al gore's creation.

kahless
12-18-2013, 07:31 PM
“I broke down many times as the indignities of repeated handcuffing, stripping and cavity searches, swabbing, in a holdup with common criminals and drug addicts were all being imposed upon me,” she wrote in the email.

If convicted, Khobragade faces a maximum sentence of 10 years for visa fraud and five years for making a false declaration. She was arrested outside of her daughter’s Manhattan school.

If guilty the punishment also does not fit the crime. How barbaric this country has become. Disgusting.

One wonders how far this country is going to go in trying to mirror National Socialism of Nazi Germany.

Henry Rogue
12-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Sarcasm doesnt work on the internet. Thank God we have a sarcasm brackets option.

presence
12-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Reason 938,282,293,415 to be a hermit if you live in US.

sluggo
12-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Pretty mind blowing to think that the TSA has been stripping and humiliating people for a decade now.

The frog is well done.

J_White
12-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Meanwhile, back at the topic...they are protesting in the streets of India over this;

http://nypost.com/2013/12/18/protests-continue-in-india-after-nannygate-diplomat-arrested/

lol, is that happening in India ?
I guess Obombya found some more brown fodder for his drones ! ! USA f*ck yeah !!

anaconda
12-18-2013, 11:36 PM

They should be. Now if only the American Sheeple can be similarly indignant at unwarranted searches. It is telling that foreigners might cause more policy change here than the American citizens. Pretty sad.

Mani
12-19-2013, 01:50 AM
If guilty the punishment also does not fit the crime. How barbaric this country has become. Disgusting.

One wonders how far this country is going to go in trying to mirror National Socialism of Nazi Germany.

What's so sad is the American people are cheering and defending these horrific actions all the way down the sewer pit that America is sinking deeper into.

JohnM
12-19-2013, 11:25 AM
It is fortunate for the American Embassy staff in Delhi that Indians are so relaxed about these matters.

In some places, the retaliation against American diplomats wouldn't have been quite so gentle.

JohnM
12-19-2013, 11:29 AM
But US prosecutor Preet Bharara said in a statement that Ms Khobragade "was accorded courtesies well beyond what other defendants, most of whom are American citizens, are accorded".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-25446180

In other words, other defendants are shown no courtesy at all.

HOLLYWOOD
12-19-2013, 12:06 PM
http://www.firstpost.com/india/live-did-us-help-devyanis-maid-pull-off-immigration-fraud-1291025.html

WTF?

During the 20-25 minute long call, Sherman also distanced State Department from the statement issued by US Attorney Preet Bharara, PTI reported. Sources said that India has received positive signals from the US side but it is not clear what they are. MEA refutes US attorney Preet Bharara's statement on #DevyaniKhobragade being extended courtesies http://t.co/NtTZ7Dq5pQDuring the 20-25 minute long call, Sherman also distanced State Department from the statement issued by US Attorney Preet Bharara, PTI reported. Sources said that India has received positive signals from the US side but it is not clear what they are. MEA refutes US attorney Preet Bharara's statement on #DevyaniKhobragade being extended courtesies http://t.co/NtTZ7Dq5pQ

Some blowback too...

End of VIP era for US diplomats, families in Indian airports New Delhi: US diplomats and their families in India will not be able to avail special treatment at airports from tonight when the deadline expires for surrendering their special passes, as part of the government's retaliatory action against the treatment meted out to diplomat Devyani Khobragade in New York. India on Tuesday had taken a slew of retaliatory steps to strip US diplomats and their families of privileges, including withdrawing all airport passes and stopping import clearances for the US embassy, strongly denouncing the arrest and strip searching of Khobragade, India's Deputy Consul General in New York. The government had asked the US Consular diplomats and their families to surrender airports passes by tonight.

tod evans
12-19-2013, 12:10 PM
I've gotta wonder what the Indian people think about this woman being treated in this manner...

"The-Newz" reports what the Indian government has to say, but as is often the case, the people and the government are at odds.

Brian4Liberty
12-19-2013, 12:15 PM

There is a certain irony there.

The complaints from this particular story:
- In India, abusing workers is fine.
- In the US, abusing the accused is fine.

She (and the Indian government) wanted the US government to help track down their runaway worker. Instead, the US abused the India representative. The US is "defending" the runaway worker. Yet at the same time, the US Chamber of Commerce and Obama want to bring over more Indian workers and abuse them. Your wage slavery is wrong, our wage slavery is right, send us more slaves.

What a sad, tragic comedy.

Brian4Liberty
12-19-2013, 12:42 PM
I've gotta wonder what the Indian people think about this woman being treated in this manner...

Triple insult:

- Attractive woman strip searched, seen as rape.
- Abused member of Indian government, insult to nation.
- Treated upper caste like an untouchable.

http://static.indianexpress.com/t-images/T_Id_449345_Devyani_Khobragade.jpg

tod evans
12-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Triple insult:

- Attractive woman strip searched, seen as rape.
- Abused member of Indian government, insult to nation.
- Treated upper caste like an untouchable.

http://static.indianexpress.com/t-images/T_Id_449345_Devyani_Khobragade.jpg

This is what the MSM is telling us isn't it?

Or is this actually coming from Indians and not their government?

You'll have to forgive my skepticism concerning anything the MSM puts out..

jmdrake
12-19-2013, 12:52 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-25411876

Why would she need to be strip searched over allegations that her maid was underpaid?

http://s2.firstpost.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Devyani-Khobragade-PTI.jpg

Oh,, never mind.

Are you suggesting she was strip searched for being hot?

pcosmar
12-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Are you suggesting she was strip searched for being hot?

Yes,, I suggested that as possible.

The other option would be because of some petty bureaucrat's personal desire to humiliate her.

Her alleged crime is not justification for an arrest,, let alone a cavity search. ( hiding the maid's paycheck?)

And why the State Department was not on this immediately,, is puzzling.

Brian4Liberty
12-19-2013, 01:13 PM
The other option would be because of some petty bureaucrat's personal desire to humiliate her.
And why the State Department was not on this immediately,, is puzzling.

Petty, or even higher than that. Look at the situation through the eyes of the Obama leftists. This diplomat requested that the US Government help hunt down her runaway "slave". Would someone in the Obama Administration intentionality humiliate her? Good question.

As for the strip search, it's SOP. But there are always the prurient interests of the jailers at play too.

S.Shorland
12-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Why do they all always get those zits in the same spot on the middle of the forehead? It's a specially depilated and colour-marked area where Americans are encouraged to keep their gum.

JohnM
12-19-2013, 04:05 PM

"The-Newz" reports what the Indian government has to say, but as is often the case, the people and the government are at odds.

Judging by the street protests, I would imagine that a high proportion of the Indian people want their government to take a somewhat harder line with the US authorities.

tod evans
12-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Judging by the street protests, I would imagine that a high proportion of the Indian people want their government to take a somewhat harder line with the US authorities.

Cool! I'm with 'em then..

I just kept thinking how would I feel if John McCain got his ass probed over in Sandville....I wouldn't protest even a little bit..:cool:

Contumacious
12-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Cool! I'm with 'em then..

I just kept thinking how would I feel if John McCain got his ass probed over in Sandville....I wouldn't protest even a little bit..:cool:

Ditto.

otherone
12-19-2013, 04:38 PM
I feel so so sad. So lost to see such a surge of Americans shouting out to defend our humiliating practices. It's so sad.

naaah.
It's typical. The reason we have an evil, immoral empire is that it is populated by evil, immoral peons. The State isn't a faceless monster...it is composed of all our petty, ignorant, self-righteous and self-absorbed neighbors.

Occam's Banana
12-19-2013, 04:45 PM

Protest? Hell, if that happened, I'd try to start a nation-wide letter-writing campaign to express our profound gratitude to their ambassador ...

Mani
12-20-2013, 12:05 AM
This is what the MSM is telling us isn't it?

Or is this actually coming from Indians and not their government?

You'll have to forgive my skepticism concerning anything the MSM puts out..

According to the Indian culture, what happened to her is pretty much the equivalent of a rape. It's about the worst thing that could ever happen to her. It's pretty much unthinkable.

And I think if a Female US Diplomat (not some corrupt pyscho PIeace of shit politician) was taken to prison and raped while in prison in another country, I'd be disturbed by it.

Brian4Liberty
01-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Update to this story...

...But if there is a sinner here, it is not the diplomat or the housekeeper. It is the U.S. Prosecutor for Manhattan, Preet Bharara, an Obama appointee, whose crusade will hurt those in whose name he launched it: foreign domestic help.
But Bharara, himself born in India, was unbowed. “One wonders,” he asked, “why there is so much outrage about the alleged treatment of the Indian national accused of perpetrating these acts, but precious little outrage about the alleged treatment of the Indian victim?”

It’s a good question. But the answer is not that the deeply class-conscious Indian society that reflexively treats the rich and powerful as more equal than the poor and powerless. That insinuation is true but irrelevant. It is that Indians see Bharara’s pompous insistence on enforcing a preposterous rule of law without regard to the human context as moral fanaticism.
More:
http://reason.com/archives/2014/01/21/new-york-prosecutors-crusade-again-india

ObiRandKenobi
01-21-2014, 04:30 PM

Like they don't make fun of you? Everybody needs to relax.

asurfaholic
01-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Like they don't make fun of you? Everybody needs to relax.

Yea this thread being bumped brings back the classless remark i made earlier on. Yea it was dumb but I got more + reps for that than most other things I've posted, so I guess there's others who enjoyed a dumb joke as much as I do.

So much of what we discuss here is depressing or prone to make you rage. It helps to cut loose.

Other times people just forget that this is a special place in the world... It's the Internet, where some people say stupid shit just to get a reaction.

Jamesiv1
01-21-2014, 07:02 PM
There's gold in them thar hills. (http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2013/08/26/can-temple-gold-help-the-rupee/)

At a time when nothing seems to be able to stem the Indian rupee’s decline, a novel idea to boost the currency is doing the rounds: use the tons of gold stashed away in people’s homes and in temples.

India currently holds around 20,000 tons of gold, according to the World Gold Council. At current prices, that would be worth $950 billion.

A small piece of this gold – around 558 tons or 2.79% – is held by the Reserve Bank of India, making it the 11th largest official owner of gold in the world, according to data from the World Gold Council and International Monetary Fund.

The rest is held by households and individuals, in their homes or bank vaults, and by Indian temples, which have historically received gold bars, coins and even jewelry as donations from patrons.

Not really a new idea:

Executive Order 6102 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102)
The Gold Reserve Act of 1934 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Reserve_Act_of_1934)

"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine..." Haggai 2:8 (http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Haggai-Chapter-2/)

osan
05-13-2014, 07:20 PM
The reason we have an evil, immoral empire is that it is populated by evil, immoral peons. The State isn't a faceless monster...it is composed of all our petty, ignorant, self-righteous and self-absorbed neighbors.

I just tried giving this post rep a second time.

This has got to be one of the best quotes I've ever read here. There is no whit of untruth in it and it describes the American meaner to a 't'.

Anti Federalist
05-13-2014, 07:32 PM
I just tried giving this post rep a second time.

This has got to be one of the best quotes I've ever read here. There is no whit of untruth in it and it describes the American meaner to a 't'.

Fed, entertained and exercising petty power over their fellow man.

Cissy
05-13-2014, 08:34 PM
naaah.
It's typical. The reason we have an evil, immoral empire is that it is populated by evil, immoral peons. The State isn't a faceless monster...it is composed of all our petty, ignorant, self-righteous and self-absorbed neighbors.

Needs more rep. Please to take mine. Kthnxbai.

Dark_Horse_Rider
05-14-2014, 06:45 PM
This seem like an almost deliberate attempt to piss them off.

Though it seems that our State Department does not understand the meaning of diplomacy.

B.R.I.C.S.

Similar thing happened when Pakistan got all cozy with China few years back with the fighter jet deal.

Yeah, funny story that . . . al -CIAda suddenly attacked the base housing the planes the U.S. had " gifted " ( of course with strings attached ) to burn and destroy those U.S. jets given to Pakistan.

Anyone know if China ever delivered on that order ?

BRICS